Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

9 2k eggs from pokestops today I'm itching to buy the ultra box have 310 coins built up and just got kicked from glasnevin cemetery gym again has to be a staff member as it's always just after 8 it happens just after closing time, might hold off on buying a box until Saturday see what offers are available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Had a good run today; picked up Mew2 #3 & #4 being 85 and 93% respectively. Added in a few Kyogre raids and caught a 100% Water/Frost one which I'll need to ponder (and love advice) if I go for Water/Water (got multiple Gyarados for similar) or Water/Lightening (lack Lightening atm but know there will come a future raid boss for that) and a shiny Shelldar (whopping CR11 with 25% :P). Spoke with another fellow who had 60 Kyogre raids without shiny so not feeling so bad about not getting one.

Anyone planning anything for Saturday yet hoping for a deal on storage myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone planning anything for Saturday yet hoping for a deal on storage myself
    I've saved 135 golden berries (I keep getting more than I use up in raids) along with 80 pineapples for Larvatars :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Nody wrote: »
    Had a good run today; picked up Mew2 #3 & #4 being 85 and 93% respectively. Added in a few Kyogre raids and caught a 100% Water/Frost one which I'll need to ponder (and love advice) if I go for Water/Water (got multiple Gyarados for similar) or Water/Lightening (lack Lightening atm but know there will come a future raid boss for that) and a shiny Shelldar (whopping CR11 with 25% :P). Spoke with another fellow who had 60 Kyogre raids without shiny so not feeling so bad about not getting one.

Definitely water/water - Kyogre will be best water pokemon...across all 7 generations (only potential challenger is Palkia a dragon/water mon).

A kyogre using just waterfall is as strong as a vaporeon using water gun/hyrdopump.

I maxed out my 87% German speaking one and have no regrets - it's one of my default 6 battle party members (machamp, hariyama, raikou, shiny blast burn charizard, shadowball mewtwo and kyogre) - this team gives me super effective coverage on almost all types (no pure fairy or dragon coverage) and has served me well over 4000 gym battles now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My record on Mewtwo raids is now 9 done, 9 caught. Did two yesterday, one for myself and one for a player that couldn't make it to Dublin. Mine was 91% and weather boosted, so the best one I've gotten so far.

Also picked up a shiny Magikarp from a quest.

Angron wrote: »
    My record on Mewtwo raids is now 9 done, 9 caught. Did two yesterday, one for myself and one for a player that couldn't make it to Dublin. Mine was 91% and weather boosted, so the best one I've gotten so far.

Also picked up a shiny Magikarp from a quest.
    I'd like at least 12 but possibly 18 to get three versions of secondary abilities (Psychic, Shadow, Melee) for three full teams :P Of course I only got 4 atm so it will take a while and a metric ton of candy to make that possible.

Wow Dortmund just got a whole lot more important.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/summergameplay2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

My friend and I will be doing our part ;) - flying into Dusseldorf on Friday and taking the train into Dortmund that evening.

All 2700 hotel rooms in Dortmund have been booked out so I say we have a good chance of achieving the goals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Not a bad community day, caught 150-160 larvs, 6 shiny, over 1000 larv candy (started with 400 something or just below 500) but forgot to evolve for the move :o:o

Did gain about 300k in exp, and near 100k with stardust.

How did everyone get on??

• Advertisement

89 seen 78 caught 3 shiny so one of each crappy cps so maxed out my best to evolve to shiny ttar pinaped about 40 so ended up with one shiny ttar one nonshiny and still have enough to evolve one more without the community day move non shiny but I used all my stardust up so need to catch more today or tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got 11 shinies, but there were so many connection errors and issues like that in the group of players in Galway, it was difficult doing anything at times.

CraigM84 wrote: »
    How did everyone get on??
    Probably best day playing Pokemon to be honest. Was aiming to get 200k exp, ended up with 500k taking me a bit over 2/3rs through 35 at the end of the day. In addition I got 182k dust, caught 570 pokemon (around 180 larvitars inc. 4 shiny inc one at 78% and used around 80 pineapples in total) and evolved 3 Ttars (1 before event intentionally, 2 during event to turn into stone/stone 'mons) with my shiny pending if I get candy over or not. In addition I managed to get 4 Legendary raid and net myself another 100% Kyogro (water/water this time so no need to change charged up power) and now have 10 total Kyogre's with two 100% Water/Water once :P.

Only pain is I now need to go through them all to check levels to see if anything is worth keeping or not and which go into the evolution save pool :(

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Had a great day, think about 20 local players wondering around our small town.
    2 Kyogre Raids and I took out a Mawile, 150 Larvitar, 6 Shinies, evolved 4 Tyranitar (2 Shiny) with new move, best 98%IV.
    And now Mewtwo to look forward too on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Only 2 shinies but got enough candy to evolve 5 Ttars, one of them shiny. Added about 180k XP so I'm now 400k from level 38. That's when I reward myself by powering my 100% Rayquaza up to the max :D

Bloody frustrated to read the event was extended for a few hours in other regions I had seven larvitar disappearing on me plus a few more run due to several server issues

https://mobile.twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1007858040597630976?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

yeah, few in limerick were having trouble here and there throughout the event and had to restart phones and all

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

CraigM84 wrote: »
    yeah, few in limerick were having trouble here and there throughout the event and had to restart phones and all

Same here, in Kells. Rebooted about 5/6 times..... But it all worked out

It did and it didn't we got ripped off but ah sure what can we do now hahahaha

Went to the cinema last night, and on the walk there I finally managed to catch myself a shiny Shellder :D

• Advertisement

If there was ever a reason to spoof

Latin America getting an Unown event tied into World Cup. Damn you Martin O'Neill

https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/fifa-world-cup-themed-unown-event-is-taking-place-in-latin-america/

So who promised me a Lugia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Wow, so shiny and legendaries can be traded. I thought they would exclude those.

"Certain Pokémon, such as a Legendary Pokémon, a Shiny Pokémon, or a Pokémon not currently in your Pokédex, require a Special Trade to complete, so keep that in mind before trading away that golden Magikarp!"

So who promised me a Lugia

Can see a lot of post like this over the next while :P

I'm organising to trade a Kang and Unown caught in London for Tropius and Corsola :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I'm organising to trade a Kang and Unown caught in London for Tropius and Corsola :pac:

depending on the letter, I have your corsola here :D

would love a Tropius myself, got kan, heracross and corsola to trade if anyone has one :)

You won't be able to trade any regionals caught abroad like corsola or tropius for example.

Mons can only be traded at a location less than 100km from their original location.
    Where did you see this?

• Advertisement

Also holy cow how much dust this will cost; an Legendary trade is 1 million dust in trade cost. This can be lowered down to "only" 40k dust if you get the highest friend level...

On a side note the downside I'm seeing this will lead to people starting to sell rare 'mons most likely and you know with the people involved there will be a market for it.

Few more things I've found on Reddit. First of all when you trade a 'mon it rerolls it's IV; so no 100% to main account trading. Secondly the friend list is limited to 200 people at the start. Finally for raiders you get additional balls based on friend levels up to 4 extra balls in raids if raiding with friends at max level...

Also more details in this IGN article.
    These are the bonuses for each friendship level:

Good friend: Trade all Pokemon except Mythical
    Great friend: Stardust discount for trading, attack bonus during gym battles with that friend, one additional Premiere Ball for raids alongside that friend
    Ultra friend: Additional stardust discount for trading, larger attack bonus during gym battles with that friend, two additional Premiere Balls for raids alongside that friend
    Best friend: Major stardust discount for trading, largest attack bonus during gym battles with that friend, four additional Premiere Balls for raids alongside that friend

Koa noted that these bonuses will not stack – for example, if you’re raiding with a Best Friend (which gives you 4 extra balls during raids) and an Ultra Friend (2 extra balls during raids), you’ll only receive the bonus from the single highest friend in your raid group, so you’d only get 4 extra balls for the raid, not 6.

You can increase your friendship level with a particular friend by sending gifts (see below), trading, or participating in gym battles or raid battles together. Your friendship level can only increase once per day per friend, and Koa explained the following ranges for achieving a friendship level:

Good friend: 1 day
    Great friend: 7 days
    Ultra friend: 30 days
    Best friend: 90 days

Koa clarified that this “once a day” limit does not refer to a 24-hour period, and confirmed that it will reset at midnight like with Catch and Spin streaks.

Koa confirmed that both players will pay the same Stardust fee for each trade.

Finally, the HP and CP of Pokemon traded to friends will be reset, resulting in random new IVs for the Pokemon you receive. The range of possible HP and CP outcomes can be extremely wide or extremely narrow depending on your friendship levels, with Best Friends much more likely to receive stronger Pokemon.

Advertisement