Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Nody wrote: »
    Also holy cow how much dust this will cost; an Legendary trade is 1 million dust in trade cost. This can be lowered down to "only" 40k dust if you get the highest friend level...

On a side note the downside I'm seeing this will lead to people starting to sell rare 'mons most likely and you know with the people involved there will be a market for it.

Few more things I've found on Reddit. First of all when you trade a 'mon it rerolls it's IV; so no 100% to main account trading. Secondly the friend list is limited to 200 people at the start. Finally for raiders you get additional balls based on friend levels up to 4 extra balls in raids if raiding with friends at max level...

Also more details in this IGN article.

You'd want to be interacting with a trainer daily for 3 months before trading anything decent, otherwise people are not going to have 1 million stardust to pay for the trade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

mcgovern wrote: »
    You'd want to be interacting with a trainer daily for 3 months before trading anything decent, otherwise people are not going to have 1 million stardust to pay for the trade.
    Well sending a gift once a day should be doable depending on how rare the gift packages will be; if they end up at the evolution tier or blue ball tier. If it is very rare going raiding once a day is going to be slow building; sending a gift package once a day and you can collect a couple over 10 spins makes it easy. It will push people who multi-account to have friends for raiding quickly (and I'll now have to consider starting up a second account for that purpose :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Nody wrote: »
    Also holy cow how much dust this will cost; an Legendary trade is 1 million dust in trade cost. This can be lowered down to "only" 40k dust if you get the highest friend level...

Will be interesting to see how much a shiny or a new pokemon will cost to trade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

syboit wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how much a shiny or a new pokemon will cost to trade.
    Shiny and new 'mon is special trade which is the above 1 million to 40k dust transfer cost (and can only be done once a day)...
    Legendary Pokémon, a Shiny Pokémon, or a Pokémon not currently in your Pokédex, require a Special Trade to complete

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder could signing into American account here negate the geolocation issues for trading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

So who has a relicanth? Will be happy to trade any regional you want for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Angron wrote: »
    You won't be able to trade any regionals caught abroad like corsola or tropius for example.

Mons can only be traded at a location less than 100km from their original location.
    Where did you see this?
    I think that post might have their info slightly mixed up - the bonus for traded mons is capped at 100km (there's a bonus - candy related(?) ) for the further the poke is from the traded partner - so my US pokes will be more valuable as a trading mon even if it's just a pikachu compared to an Irish pikachu.  But even a Galway pikachu probably will get top bonuses if the limit is 100km (Cortana tells me the distance is 185km between the two cities ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

You need to be 100 meters from the person you are doing a trade with which will restrict it quite a bit to whom you can trade with.
    Looking forward to seeing how it all goes in the next week , the game needed a shot in the arm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thirdfox wrote: »
    I think that post might have their info slightly mixed up - the bonus for traded mons is capped at 100km (there's a bonus - candy related(?) ) for the further the poke is from the traded partner - so my US pokes will be more valuable as a trading mon even if it's just a pikachu compared to an Irish pikachu. But even a Galway pikachu probably will get top bonuses if the limit is 100km (Cortana tells me the distance is 185km between the two cities ;) )
    Yeah, I had a feeling that they'd just misinterpreted what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Thirdfox wrote: »
    I think that post might have their info slightly mixed up - the bonus for traded mons is capped at 100km (there's a bonus - candy related(?) ) for the further the poke is from the traded partner - so my US pokes will be more valuable as a trading mon even if it's just a pikachu compared to an Irish pikachu.  But even a Galway pikachu probably will get top bonuses if the limit is 100km (Cortana tells me the distance is 185km between the two cities ;) )

Yeah apologies, i misread the IGN text on the 100km limit. Deleted my post before you replied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Wonder could signing into American account here negate the geolocation issues for trading
    There seems to be confusion about this, there is (to my knowledge) no restrictions on where the pokemon was caught, just that the benefits or costs change depending on the distance from the catch location.

I'd guess that there will be an amnesty on anything dodgy as this will be full of confusion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Went up to Dublin today, got a 98% weather boosted Kyogre (attack and defence max), quite happy with that.

Robert Emmet EX pass for June 28 at 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

WTF is with that 'friends' update, only accessible at LEVEL 40!!! Niantic ... w...t... bleeppp! :mad:

Edit: didnt they do this for raids too or something like this? still frustrating :P

Robert Emmet EX pass for June 28 at 1pm
    I've got a pass for that one too.

I see the friends update now, my code is: 9252 5915 0596

CraigM84 wrote: »
    WTF is with that 'friends' update, only accessible at LEVEL 40!!! Niantic ... w...t... bleeppp! :mad:

Edit: didnt they do this for raids too or something like this? still frustrating :P
    Yeah, it's probably gonna be a phased roll out so it doesn't just fall apart immediately :P

https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/1009891208762716160

Good news, Solrock is gonna start appearing over here :D

Never did catch a lunatone was very hard level 3 raid

Level 33 so I'll be a while but you shine up that snowy castform real nice ya hear.

• Advertisement

I'm just glad it's gonna be one of the expensive trades that I can avoid :pac:

Wearing an orthopedic boot soon so gonna change my pokemon go name to Caligula

So are we gonna do a request sticky/friend code list

I've got a few azurill to rid myself of.

Well I got in 3 more Kyo raids before and after today's EX Raid and picked up 3 more. 93 & 91% weather boosted and one 78% not weather boosted. Hence I've now added a Water/Lightening 93%er to my two 100% Water/Water once with a total 13 caught and no shines seen.

I had an EX at Oscar Wilde, then immediately did a T5 at War Memorial, so with any luck I'll get another EX pass off that one :pac:

Got a 91% Mewtwo for my troubles.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Angron wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/1009891208762716160

Good news, Solrock is gonna start appearing over here :D

Dammit! I wanted to be Mr.Popular with my gang of Solrock!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

So are we gonna do a request sticky/friend code list

I've got a few azurill to rid myself of.

Hate that little fecker.....hatched 8. It’s Wynaut and Chimecho that I want/need.

Muah ha hahaha I've got a spare wynaut

I think Chimecho was one of the last non-regionals I needed, ended up hatching two or three during that windy event a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Hi, anyone organising a list so people can friend each other? Fionnman is my player name!

Advertisement