Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Having serious difficulties logging in on my old alcatel pixi 4 can see the next update ruling out older android phones still able to get in on my alcatel pop 4 for my original account but my new account is already dead in the water it seems.

Did my first trade today gave someone I know a farfetch for a lunatone, I had three he only had one lunatone but he was willing to trade as the cost of trading a shiny karp which was our original plan was massive so I said give me the moon instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

New competition/mini-event I'm running for the next community day - hope to see some of you there!

https://imgur.com/keFzXpq

Cool idea, Caligula will be there in all our glory. I got two of my three shiny larvitar in Stephens Green hope I fare better this time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Angron wrote: »
    Kanto completed :D

Nice one.

Im stuck at 366/372. Ginna rely on trading to get my missing 5 (can catch Regice on my own)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Angron wrote: »
    Kanto completed :D

Missing all the Regionals still myself that havent been available in Ireland and Unown , off to Lanzarote shortly so hopefully can stock up a few of the regionals available there which will be useful for trading when i get back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

have swapped 2 of my corsola for a chimecho and a L unown.
    have a tauros lined up for one of the others.

Relicanth, tropius and torkoal may be tough to acquire with the rest of my corsola.

Best chance from the other will be heracross and illmuise, seem to be a few in the whatsapp group coming back from USA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is there a limit of only having 5 gifts stored at any time? And if that is the case why the heck so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Nody wrote: »
    Is there a limit of only having 5 gifts stored at any time? And if that is the case why the heck so?

There is, and you can only send 20 a day.
    The limit of 5 is a massive pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Funkyjaw

Hey everyone. Add me as a friend
    4055 5017 7029

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I am constantly impressed by Niantic and the design of the game.
    I believe that most of what we find annoying is deliberate design in the game.
    eg, the limit of 5 presents means that you have to send them more frequently instead of storing them up to use later on, all at the same time.
    That means a more steady stream of activity within the game, especially for all those people receiving presents.
    And most of us when we get a present want to return the thought and it's the same in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

josip wrote: »
    I am constantly impressed by Niantic and the design of the game.
    I believe that most of what we find annoying is deliberate design in the game.
    eg, the limit of 5 presents means that you have to send them more frequently instead of storing them up to use later on, all at the same time.
    That means a more steady stream of activity within the game, especially for all those people receiving presents.
    And most of us when we get a present want to return the thought and it's the same in the game.
    Which would make sense if they did not allow you to have 200 friends and limit you to 20 a day... Personally I'll struggle to hit 5, let alone 20 presents on a daily basis as I don't have enough pokestops to spin around me. However; on weekends I make a effort to go into town to spin a lot of stops and raid which would allow me to stock up presents to share out one per person and day to my friend list. Now instead I'm limited to only have 5 stored up after the weekend and the rest of the week basically there will be no presents going out where as if I could store 50 I'd be able to send presents daily to most friends. Hence the policy actually works against what you're proposing for me and makes me less active rather than more active.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Which would make sense if they did not allow you to have 200 friends and limit you to 20 a day... Personally I'll struggle to hit 5, let alone 20 presents on a daily basis as I don't have enough pokestops to spin around me. However; on weekends I make a effort to go into town to spin a lot of stops and raid which would allow me to stock up presents to share out one per person and day to my friend list. Now instead I'm limited to only have 5 stored up after the weekend and the rest of the week basically there will be no presents going out where as if I could store 50 I'd be able to send presents daily to most friends. Hence the policy actually works against what you're proposing for me and makes me less active rather than more active.

They're trying to get you out every day, think of the other 'streaks'.
    Some people will be able or want to adjust their behaviour.

josip wrote: »
    They're trying to get you out every day, think of the other 'streaks'.
    Some people will be able or want to adjust their behaviour.
    But spinning for 20 gifts a day would require you to do around 40+ spins. Short of being in a very heavily area you're not hitting that and if you are in a non heavy area short of camping at the spot for over 3h daily you'll not hit it. Now if they allowed you to store up more than 5 (let's pick 20 to keep it easy) you'd have more people who'd get eggs, who they want to hatch now (their free one doing the "old" eggs) which means they would most likely sell more incubators etc. You'd also have people build up friend levels which means trade which means burning dust which means need to catch more 'mons etc

I simply don't see the benefit in limiting at 5 stored, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

But spinning for 20 gifts a day would require you to do around 40+ spins. Short of being in a very heavily area you're not hitting that and if you are in a non heavy area short of camping at the spot for over 3h daily you'll not hit it. Now if they allowed you to store up more than 5 (let's pick 20 to keep it easy) you'd have more people who'd get eggs, who they want to hatch now (their free one doing the "old" eggs) which means they would most likely sell more incubators etc. You'd also have people build up friend levels which means trade which means burning dust which means need to catch more 'mons etc

I simply don't see the benefit in limiting at 5 stored, sorry.

5 stops with 5 minute gap between spins means you will have 20 spins in 15 minutes, allowing the first spin been 0
    Just pointing out if you manage it correctly anything is possible.
    Some limits are created by yourself.

Pretty sure you can oniy receive 20 gifts but can give more, not 100% but just feels like I'm giving more then 20 and haven't got a post saying I gave my limit..... Received my limit yes, but not gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Forgot to say you can get more then one gift from a stop through multiple spins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jfrost wrote: »
    5 stops with 5 minute gap between spins means you will have 20 spins in 15 minutes, allowing the first spin been 0
    Just pointing out if you manage it correctly anything is possible.
    Some limits are created by yourself.

Pretty sure you can oniy receive 20 gifts but can give more, not 100% but just feels like I'm giving more then 20 and haven't got a post saying I gave my limit..... Received my limit yes, but not gave.

I think you're right - you can only open 20 gifts per day but you can send more

Many going to the EX raid tomorrow am looking forward to it Robert Emmet at 1pm Mewtwo number 2 here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I think you're right - you can only open 20 gifts per day but you can send more

Yup, and you can now stack upto 10 gifts in your inventory.

https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1012126125676347392

Big crowd in Stephens Green got in and got out quick enough caught a 2200cp Hyperbeam Mewtwo may trade it to someone i know who works Monday to Friday so no ex raids for him

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jmcco04

Anybody any idea when we might see then next double xp event??

• Advertisement

jmcco04 wrote: »
    Anybody any idea when we might see then next double xp event??
    I had hoped the event weekend would be used as a trigger for one but nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

A tip for anyone heading to dortmund:

a parasol i.e. umbrella works much better than sunscreen for pogoing.
    As long as it blocks UV rays then you get 2 benefits:

1. You don't need to remember to apply (potentially oily/sticky) sunscreen every few hours.

2. The umbrella shade keeps your phone cool - my phone was overheating in direct sunlight in Morocco/India - and even in Ireland over the last few days.

Potential downsides:

1. Slightly harder to hold phone - but even "that trick" still works.

2. You might look naff if no-one else does it (but I'm already wearing a magikarp hat on my head so...)

But I tell you - walking around Mumbai (33 degrees) under the sun for 12 hours under an umbrella is fine - if I had to apply and re-apply sunscreen and worry about keeping my phone cool it would have been a lot more hassle.

Anyone going to Dortmund get me an O unown and I'll trade you something good come community day week after next

Umbrella hats are badly needed for this type of phenomenon weather used one in Turkey years back odd but effective

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I have 7 gifts and no Pokémon friends on list, you can't discard, if anybody wants these you can throw up your Id or pm me it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If anybody wants shedloads of friends, stick your number here... https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongotrades/

If you want a smaller number from around the world, there are numbers you can send requests to. Bear in mind you'll send more gifts than you will receive but you will find genuine players who want to exchange - one user there has already sent me three gifts from Indianapolis!

Re double xp, from Monday we should have a week of double xp for everything except evolving. This will roll into shiny articuno day next Saturday - 1hr lucky eggs and double xp for raids. 40k xp for a raid with lucky egg on. That's the time to evolve, in between raids

Added my number to the list there; picked up another 15 names all over the world to keep sending to and one day hopefully trade :P

Anyway; I was reading of issues in the Park in Dortmund, anyone who can confirm? I know I had some disconnect/server issues and I'm guessing they might be connected but I was hearing a lot worse for the people in Dortmund.

Europe wide event due to log in issues today won't bring back my smashed phone

https://mobile.twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1013131079040012289?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

True; but if they bring a regional or similar I'll be happy enough :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

If anybody wants shedloads of friends, stick your number here... https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongotrades/

If you want a smaller number from around the world, there are numbers you can send requests to. Bear in mind you'll send more gifts than you will receive but you will find genuine players who want to exchange - one user there has already sent me three gifts from Indianapolis!................

It would be nice to see a bonus for long no range ‘friends’, as Niantic are making it a social game.

Personally I have a few ‘friends’ in the US, Europe and Oz, so already seeing the foreign Alohan eggs. Got my Vulpix from Canada, (and a Grimer from Co.Louth!)
    In return I’m trying to see my Irish gifts abroad. I’m away on work next week so will send those gifts back to the Aul Sod!

In related news I finally hatched a Wynaut, so huzzah! Just need Chimecho to complete my possible Dex. (Missing 3 regionals thru trade hopefully)

368/372.

Advertisement