Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I need help getting a Lugia just never had any luck last year :(

Anyone with a second third etc phone duplicate accounts for shiny eevee name trick will get you at least one of each provided you have shinies of eevee on the day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My phone is not working too well right now, so I think I'm gonna get a cheap phone to use as a backup device just to play.

Gonna treat myself to a new phone tomorrow celebrate turning 116 today, I'm old But NOT As Old As My Current phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Anyone with a second third etc phone duplicate accounts for shiny eevee name trick will get you at least one of each provided you have shinies of eevee on the day

Wonder if there will be something added to guarantee the shiny evolve? Like an extra item from research tasks.

• Advertisement

Shiny rates for plusle and minun boosted, good few caught around cork already. Seems to be increased spawns of aerodactyl, magmar, snorunt, feebas, torchic too.

No Lugia no one was out in the rain did get a Mawile and Walimer raid in myself have noticed some of the possible Celebi research quests of catch 10 of a type popping up today hopefully that means the quest is imminent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

No Lugia no one was out in the rain did get a Mawile and Walimer raid in myself have noticed some of the possible Celebi research quests of catch 10 of a type popping up today hopefully that means the quest is imminent.
    Rumour is that it goes live with the Chicago event in a week; the lore text has already been data mined but not the actual quest parts itself.

Chicago event was this weekend

Rewards are live until July 23 let's go hatch some vermin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I got my first Dublin gold gym last week - St Mary's in Rathmines.

Are there any long lasting Valor gyms in Dublin?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Chicago event was this weekend
    Turned out I was right; sort of :P

One person in my friends list already has him as well the cheeky git and it really annoys me on behalf of the people going to the European party who did not get such a chance...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

phog wrote: »
    I got my first Dublin gold gym last week - St Mary's in Rathmines.

Are there any long lasting Valor gyms in Dublin?

Very few ‘long lasting’ gyms anywhere anymore.

Best way to level up your gyms are raiding there and attacking high CP defenders.
    Berries and time there level up slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Not really Dublin but Octagonal Place overlooking Dalkey island, Anne Parker on Killiney Hill and MUGA in Shankill usually turn over once a week if that.
    Druids Chair in Killiney turns over once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Just duo-ed another Ttar with ?/Crunch.
    Weather changed from windy to partly cloudy during the battle, so we ended up catching a weather boosted one.
    This is the first one we did with a friendship attack bonus, the 3% wasn't obvious but undoubtedly makes a Ttar duo more possible if you were close before now.

Pinap mon escaping like crazy lost 25 eevee at least 300 candy gone. :(

Make sure you don't have a free raid pass on Saturday and don't spin a gym until Zapdos appears I spun my first one a half hour before Articuno started and missed some of the free passes, am hoping to get my Mewthree (3rd mewtwo) tomorrow at Stephens Green raid at 1:30 another one would be great as I'm still saving one for someone I know but 1m dust to trade will never happen so we are waiting for the 90 days best friend discount.

Make sure you don't have a free raid pass on Saturday and don't spin a gym until Zapdos appears I spun my first one a half hour before Articuno started and missed some of the free passes, am hoping to get my Mewthree (3rd mewtwo) tomorrow at Stephens Green raid at 1:30 another one would be great as I'm still saving one for someone I know but 1m dust to trade will never happen so we are waiting for the 90 days best friend discount.
    1M dust is the Great friend level (third level)?

Good few updates today, registeel T5 tomorrow, alolan raichu and marowak in raids.

New 3 strike policy for cheaters/spoofers. A lot of spoofers from 3 months ago using modified client and getting unbanned!! Followed by new ban wave today.

Nody wrote: »
    1M dust is the Great friend level (third level)?

Looks like it's 1m for good friends 800,000 for great friends, 80,000 for ultra friends and 40,000 for best friends

good friends 1 day
    great friends 7 day
    ultra friends 30 day
    best friends 90 day

• Advertisement

Alolan Marowak level 4 raid that ain't right

good friends 1 day......... 1000xp
    great friends 7 day...........3000p
    ultra friends 30 day,....... 30000xp
    best friends 90 day........ 100000xp
    I added in the xp bonus for friendship levels.
    Currently got 105 friends, at ‘great’ with about 40, 10 of those halfway to ‘ultra’ level.
    The other ~50 are close to ‘great’.
    My plan is to try save gifts from the top group and open 10-20 at all nice with a lucky egg running to get maybe (30K x 15 x2 =) 600-900K xp in one go.

Personally I think the naming is wrong. ‘Best’ should be the 3rd level, with ‘ultra’ as the 90 day reward. In my mind nothing should beat ‘ultra’!

Tenger wrote: »
    I added in the xp bonus for friendship levels.
    Currently got 105 friends, at ‘great’ with about 40, 10 of those halfway to ‘ultra’ level.
    The other ~50 are close to ‘great’.
    My plan is to try save gifts from the top group and open 10-20 at all nice with a lucky egg running to get maybe (30K x 15 x2 =) 600-900K xp in one go.

Personally I think the naming is wrong. ‘Best’ should be the 3rd level, with ‘ultra’ as the 90 day reward. In my mind nothing should beat ‘ultra’!
    Your exp list looks wrong; I got 3k for first level; 10k for second level and I read an article claiming 50k for third level (100k for fourth).

Personally I'm happy for now with my 61 friends on the list; all but a handful are great and several are halfway or more through towards Ultra. I think pushing from Ultra to best friend is going to take a while though and I'll focus on simply getting people up to Ultra first. Then again I try to gift everyone a few times a week but I got some people who're 1 gift away from good friend who've not accepted the gift for over a week :(. What happens if i drop them and they accept the gift afterwards?

Feel free to correct me.
    I just looked up 3 websites with articles from 1st week of July. 2 of them had those figures.
    It could well have changed since.

I dumped a few by accident looking through my list last night anyone was at the 1:30 Mewtwo at three fates that was me on the bench in das boot got my mewthree too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

^ Woo - got my Mew2+2+2 today :D - pinapped on the first ball for 12 candies.

Thought I had an event on tomorrow but it cleared up so I will be able to try my luck with the 5 zapdos raids.

Last time I used my free passes to try and get an ex-raid pass - which worked - this time it'll be more of the same tomorrow. Will be using the 5 passes at ex-raid eligible gyms only ;)

It's odd Robert Emmet wasn't on for Articuno day wonder will it be tomorrow I believe I got my EX pass for today from Articuno day and that was for the three fates stop I've bought an ultra box today for the 9 incubators but also got loads of raid passes and I have 7 left over from previous boxes I've bought so I have 19 plus my free one which I'll use in the morning hopefully for a shiny level one raid then the potential 5 free ones so 24 passes in total for 3 hours of Zapdos

Give me shinies or give me death.

Anyone gets to ultra friend with me I'll trade Mewtwo for Groudon or Rayquaza badly need one of either for raiding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's odd Robert Emmet wasn't on for Articuno day wonder will it be tomorrow I believe I got my EX pass for today from Articuno day and that was for the three fates stop I've bought an ultra box today for the 9 incubators but also got loads of raid passes and I have 7 left over from previous boxes I've bought so I have 19 plus my free one which I'll use in the morning hopefully for a shiny level one raid then the potential 5 free ones so 24 passes in total for 3 hours of Zapdos

Give me shinies or give me death.
    Gyms with upcoming EX raids couldn't have raids on them, that's why Emmett was excluded last time.

Got 5 shiny Zapdos today, and I hatched a shiny Wailmer yesterday :D

• Advertisement

Got 3 shiny on one account 2 on the other went to 23 raids in total caught 5 on one account 3 on the other better result than Articuno day tomorrow I'm hoping to go after registeel alolan marowak and to try for some tier 1 shiny raids.

Hatching nothing useful from the 2k eggs got 93 rare candy from all those raids so upped my Mewtwo but messed him up with charge tm changes also finally over 400 candy for swablu and over 100 for lotad so getting more off my evolution list, as I did 20+ raids I am hoping for a few EX passes, was a fun day I am gonna have to swap friend codes with a few people next time

Advertisement