Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

1540 seen, 5 shiny Magikarp, 1 evolved, 1 traded, 2 agreed trades 1 left for my dex.
    Missing one was Eddie

Oy5lYGW.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Nody wrote: »
    Finally got my shiny Magikarp at 1056 caught / 1143 seen. Only a 30% but as it's shiny it's main function is to look pretty :P

Nice one. Agreed on the ‘look pretty’ part. My red Gary started off as a CP10 yellow Karp!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm trading a Mewtwo for a shiny karp, on Saturday
    I'll be going for Mewfour so I've got spares just need to get 30 days of gifting done which is hard as I am still Caligula. Damn little boot

I'm trading a Mewtwo for a shiny karp, on Saturday
    I'll be going for Mewfour so I've got spares just need to get 30 days of gifting done which is hard as I am still Caligula. Damn little boot

Trading a Mewtwo for Shiny Pichu on Saturday after the 30 days..... Both of us were happy.... Will be picking up my 5th Mewtwo this Saturday

• Advertisement

The there is an app that counts down all events for Android.
    Created by RandomWreck Media its called simply
    Poke Timer - Countdown Timer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pokewreck.poketimer

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Thanks , saw a printscreen from that before , was wondering where it came from ! , very useful.
    And happy to see the end of the Pikachu Summer Hat ! , stopped catching them after the first week.

Pikachu doesn't spawn often in most of Dublin the hat one pushed me way closer to 300 and that elusive gold medal hope the regular one spawns again now not in such abundance but could do with a few. I'm gonna pop onto discord later for raids need more rare candy and stardust and a registeel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Pikachu doesn't spawn often in most of Dublin the hat one pushed me way closer to 300 and that elusive gold medal hope the regular one spawns again now not in such abundance but could do with a few. I'm gonna pop onto discord later for raids need more rare candy and stardust and a registeel.

Same here, although I'm still only just past halfway to the gold medal.
    The tiny rattata one is doing my head though, taking forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

josip wrote: »
    The tiny rattata one is doing my head though, taking forever.

Rats Caught 1,953, Tiny 211
    Carp Caught 1,541, Gigantic 195

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Fufufufufu :D Jebus I'm only on 309 caught I'll be a while before I catch mine. Delighted you got one they're mythical to most of us

It took me over 2400 seen before I got a shiny Magikarp! When I did finally get one I got a second the very next day, no joke! (I got one more then caught during the recent Water event)

Hadn't seen this addressed.... But do Lucky carry after evolution.... So I found out.
    https://youtu.be/5u1ClqfXH50

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

AMGer wrote: »
    It took me over 2400 seen before I got a shiny Magikarp! When I did finally get one I got a second the very next day, no joke! (I got one more then caught during the recent Water event)

You should probably boot it up to trade them to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Spinda is now a quest reward, three curveballs in a row.

Angron wrote: »
    Spinda is now a quest reward, three curveballs in a row.

Trading pikachu apparently counts towards the Pika medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

6f4b3r.jpg

Can't believe I got one at last. Carp number 1,546 caught

WooHoo.... :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Can't believe I got one at last. Carp number 1,546 caught

WooHoo.... :D:D
    I'm continuing my karp catching; they make great trade material as well as I'll probably need some 103487y12903y75245120347 caught to finish the medal :P

Off topic bearer of Bad Bad BAD NEWS Karl Urban cancelled for comic con I feel your pain it was John DiMageo two years ago for me. :(

On topic Shiny houndour/doom and snubbul/granbull been spotted in the wild god damn that's good to hear.

6th EX raid pass now. I didn't even go to the last one. Pretty much trigger every week so become awful blasé about them and don't even bother raiding at the gyms.

1st World Problems!!!

Only caught 1 Mewtwo each on our 2 accounts. Happy enough to get the EX pass and fill the dex. However I traded them the other day hoping for 'Lucky'.......didnt hapoen so now need to get 2 more to try again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I got my wife hooked on Pokemon Go now and as I've been told "she only wants to play casually but you need to take my phone with you and get me balls"; I guess I've found my second account and phone to level up as raiding companion :P

Got my mewfour yesterday still no Shiny Karp so...

Got my mewfour yesterday still no Shiny Karp so...
    Picked up my #6 but honestly it was spoiled by the company. We had around 50 odd people there for it and two people were looking for a red so I thought sure, why not might as well join this red group as we're going to have two of them by the looks of things. Asked what level I was (38) and they he hawed about they really would like to try it with only 3 (one guy had two phones) but afraid to do so and in the end they decided to have me join after all. They then proceeded to complain the whole time how there should be harder raids that required you to be level 40 and have maxed 'mons and at least 10 people to have a 50/50 chances of success etc. I was tempted to simply quit out to get away from their elitist attitudes but bit my tongue esp. as it they turned out to be so damn clueless in general (one of them had this as their 20th Mew but did not know the trading costs and thought they could simply exchange Mews back and forth to get a lucky 100% one etc.). It was facepalm moment over and over again as she then complained but 40k dust is so much (I'm thinking to myself; I've been around 500k dust since level 25, how can you find 40k dust be much for a top tier trade?).

Nody wrote: »
    Picked up my #6 but honestly it was spoiled by the company. We had around 50 odd people there for it and two people were looking for a red so I thought sure, why not might as well join this red group as we're going to have two of them by the looks of things. Asked what level I was (38) and they he hawed about they really would like to try it with only 3 (one guy had two phones) but afraid to do so and in the end they decided to have me join after all. They then proceeded to complain the whole time how there should be harder raids that required you to be level 40 and have maxed 'mons and at least 10 people to have a 50/50 chances of success etc. I was tempted to simply quit out to get away from their elitist attitudes but bit my tongue esp. as it they turned out to be so damn clueless in general (one of them had this as their 20th Mew but did not know the trading costs and thought they could simply exchange Mews back and forth to get a lucky 100% one etc.). It was facepalm moment over and over again as she then complained but 40k dust is so much (I'm thinking to myself; I've been around 500k dust since level 25, how can you find 40k dust be much for a top tier trade?).

Sorry you had to experience that....... I would have walked away long before then, hearing stories like that, and a couple of may own experiences, make me truly appreciate the group/groups I'm In.
    Navan recently started they're own group and I found them a suitable Ex-raid gym, although 2km outside of town.
    24 were there Saturday for the Raid, we kmew there were only 2/3 Valour players, so they got the gym and joined Mystic.
    Instinct went first, followed by Mystic - Valour and everyone got roughly the same balls.
    I ended up catching my own, and 2 others but it was such a nice and relaxed time...... Then some of us steamed to Kells, to try and trigger it, guess we'll will know Thursday.

I managed to do a private group for first time at War Memorial nice Valour group im level 34 and that was my first didn't know how to enter group even we then did a Registeel in Merrion Square and I swapped friend codes with some there group moved on to alolan surfer dude I lost them as damn boot holds me up something terrible am hoping to try a few groups on Saturday and Sunday morning I need a regi any regi As Ive Missed So Many of the Legendaries now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Might head up to Dublin tomorrow for a bit to do some raids. Still haven't gotten to do a Marowak raid, it feels like there's fewer T4s around (though it probably only feels that way because I'm looking for one very specific T4).

Got my 13th Mewtwo, I was at the Blessington Street Basin for a raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

mcgovern wrote: »
    Are you in the same unlucky group as me and had your first Mewtwo run?

We've triggered our 3rd Ex Raid in Celbridge on Sunday, so hoping to catch my second one then.

Bit of an odd post to resurrect, but I've found myself playing again at the weekends.

Is there a list of the ex-raid eligible gyms in the Celbridge / Leixlip area?

Hell, if there's any in Leixlip I'd go. Used to live there when I was a kid, be nice to pay it a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Angron wrote: »
    Might head up to Dublin tomorrow for a bit to do some raids. Still haven't gotten to do a Marowak raid, it feels like there's fewer T4s around (though it probably only feels that way because I'm looking for one very specific T4).

Got my 13th Mewtwo, I was at the Blessington Street Basin for a raid.

T4s only constitute 10% of raids at the best of times but even then Marowak do seem rare.

• Advertisement

Tried to solo/duo a donphan raid earlier with my two accounts why couldn't it be 200 plus seconds so close. My research on my second account was all win a raid too. :(

Advertisement