Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Roughly what levels were the mons on each account, what was the weather?
    Do you have teams that you're tuning for Donphan or did you take what the game suggested.
    Did all your first team faint?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

T4s only constitute 10% of raids at the best of times but even then Marowak do seem rare.

It's weird being disappointed when Absol shows up in raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Weather was sunny Ran out of time first team lvl 34 was my two dragonite three Agron and 3000+ Mewtwo, second lvl 26 was mostly Articuno first team fainted at 3 seconds left with a sliver of red left second was down to a crappy Snorlax 1300cp I needed more time I'm going out to try level up today and tomorrow hope to join more raids at weekend and have loads of eggs to hatch too, got a 7k from Japan thinking Vulpix nope Meowth thats right...

Try pinaping every eevee you catch before Saturday will give you 7 candy for each you catch and transfer and the usual no tm rule applies to prior catches and it'll be good to have a bucket load of candy for the weekend eevees, I'm hoping they tell us how if even we can get glaceon and Leafeon this weekend soon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Weather was sunny Ran out of time first team lvl 34 was my two dragonite three Agron and 3000+ Mewtwo, second lvl 26 was mostly Articuno first team fainted at 3 seconds left with a sliver of red left second was down to a crappy Snorlax 1300cp I needed more time I'm going out to try level up today and tomorrow hope to join more raids at weekend and have loads of eggs to hatch too, got a 7k from Japan thinking Vulpix nope Meowth thats right...

If you haven't already, take a look at Pokebattler before doing Donphan the next time.
    https://www.pokebattler.com/raids

You probably have more suitable mons than Dragonite and Agron.
    https://www.pokebattler.com/raids/defenders/DONPHAN/levels/RAID_LEVEL_3/attackers/levels/25/strategies/CINEMATIC_ATTACK_WHEN_POSSIBLE/DEFENSE_RANDOM_MC?sort=OVERALL&weatherCondition=PARTLY_CLOUDY&dodgeStrategy=DODGE_REACTION_TIME&aggregation=AVERAGE&randomAssistants=-1&friendLevel=FRIENDSHIP_LEVEL_2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aggron is not a good Pokemon for battling tbh. Any decent water or grass type would be a lot more useful, like Gyarados or Exeggutor.

• Advertisement

Woo, finally managed to get myself an Alolan Marowak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Angron wrote: »
    Aggron is not a good Pokemon for battling tbh. Any decent water or grass type would be a lot more useful, like Gyarados or Exeggutor.

Whatever the question is, Aggron is never the answer.

Need to get a Registeel tomorrow I think is last chance gonna trawl Dublin City Centre from 5pm onwards still need Raichu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Need to get a Registeel tomorrow I think is last chance gonna trawl Dublin City Centre from 5pm onwards still need Raichu too.

You can get Raichu from doing the field research in Quests

Alolan Riachu is a raid boss that's the one I'm after

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Diemos wrote: »
    Whatever the question is, Aggron is never the answer.
    Yet the game recommends it 90% of the time because it's tanky... Nothing like seeing 6 Aggrons suggested to take on a high level Blissey (and yes I used to use him before I learned better in those fights; it was as painful as it sounds).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

phog wrote: »
    You can get Raichu from doing the field research in Quests
    No you can't. Are you thinking of Raikou?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Registeel next week not today I've still got time, woooooo hooooo. Really hoping my three 10k eggs give me one or more Bagon today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

28064212 wrote: »
    No you can't. Are you thinking of Raikou?

Yep :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Really hoping my three 10k eggs give me one or more Bagon today.

If they are anything like mine you will get 3 lovely Trapinch. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Diemos wrote: »
    If they are anything like mine you will get 3 lovely Trapinch. :mad::mad::mad:

Just had back to back Trapinch myself :mad:

On a side note, I can't seem to find the Spinda research quest, despite spinning loads and loads of stops over the past few days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

On a separate note gen 4 should go live shortly which will include quite a few older generations getting new once; full list can be found here. Thankfully I got most of the candy ready; going to start walking out some others as well in preparation and with all those new shiny 'mons it will provide a nice bonus in "first catch" bonuses again :)

And if you think you were a hard core 'moner you got nothing on this guy using 11 phones pushing for 15 at the age of 69 :P
    pokemongo-0.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Nody wrote: »
    And if you think you were a hard core 'moner you got nothing on this guy using 11 phones pushing for 15 at the age of 69 :P
    Haha I was just coming on here to post that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Filthy casual - uses a mobility scooter - isn't that basically spoofing? :P :D /s

Love to see people at both ends of the age spectrum (young and old) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Just had back to back Trapinch myself :mad:

On a side note, I can't seem to find the Spinda research quest, despite spinning loads and loads of stops over the past few days.

Are you in Dublin? I got it from the wax museum stop on Dame st on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Can't find meowth or Growlithe anywhere have tried 6 incense nothing, Hatched meowth won't trigger the research neither.

Well, finally happened, got an EX pass for a raid I won't be able to get to. Have one for the 19th, gonna be over in London then.

cee_jay wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin? I got it from the wax museum stop on Dame st on Wednesday.

Yeah, have spun hundreds of stops

Can't find meowth or Growlithe anywhere have tried 6 incense nothing, Hatched meowth won't trigger the research neither.

I'm just binning that quest now if I get it. They're hard to come by. Especially Growlithe

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Why do you want an Electrike?

Got another shiny carp today.

None from almost 1,700 seen, then 2 in the space of a week.

Dublin Bus springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Yeah, have spun hundreds of stops
    This might help if your in the city

https://chat.whatsapp.com/B7WgCaFzUBh0NALLW3WXtI

A truly miserable Community Day, caught four shinies, two from the comfort of a coffee shop (even though I was already drenched and miserable). Had to hang round for an EX raid... Really wanted to bail but so few were showing up in the first place, and most if them were first time EX raiders. 80%... The bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

A truly miserable Community Day, caught four shinies, two from the comfort of a coffee shop (even though I was already drenched and miserable). Had to hang round for an EX raid... Really wanted to bail but so few were showing up in the first place, and most if them were first time EX raiders. 80%... The bollix.

Caught about 35 Eevees and only one decent IV, not one shiny.

• Advertisement

Got another chance tomorrow though; remember it's both weekend days this time around.

Personally I netted over 150 Evees and about 10 shinies (inc. a 83% one) but keeping the shinies as trade material for now and simply enjoy the dust. Highlight was probably the fact I got a Grimer from a 7km egg (first "rare" drop from over 20 eggs).

Advertisement