Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

Nody wrote: »
    Got another chance tomorrow though; remember it's both weekend days this time around.

Personally I netted over 150 Evees and about 10 shinies (inc. a 83% one) but keeping the shinies as trade material for now and simply enjoy the dust. Highlight was probably the fact I got a Grimer from a 7km egg (first "rare" drop from over 20 eggs).

I ended up checking Eevees without catching, before I ran for shelter, phone kept crapping out in the rain. Was doing this sleeve wipe action, glasses and phone screen, then the sleeve got too soaked to be effective anymore!

I've to spend the day with my mother tomorrow, who knows nothing about Pokemon except that she hates that I play Pokémon, and it's not worth the hassle playing it anywhere near her... So I saved up 450 pokeballs and am getting the Gotcha fully charged. She thinks it's a Fitbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

5 shiny on 1account 1 on the other niantic treating us all like Billy Batts. Go home and get your shine box, I don't do that no more..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got 9 shinies,though I started late. Felt a lot more chill than most community days, knowing that it's on again tomorrow.

9 shiny in total across 2 accounts ugggh heard some mutha truckers in Stephens Green saying they'd gotten 30 each still I have enough for all 6 on one account and an Espeon and Vaporeon on the other that'll do Eevee that'll do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ended up with 20 over the two days, so not too shabby.

• Advertisement

Was only able to pick up about 30 Eevees today, stuck at the horse show and relying on Gotcha. One was shiny. Good job Gotcha!

Saved the best two from yesterday for Umbreon and Espeon, and evolved the other three. Got a Vaporeon, one for one! Got a Jolteon, two for two! And got another Jolteon. Can't win 'em all.

Picked me up a Spinda quest when I got home, though, so got that outta the way.

12cp shiny wtactualf not sure what to do with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Got 12 shines on my level 40 account and 6 on level 37 account ,even though i caught more or less the same.
    Strangely i went best part of the middle hour catching none on main account , then 6/7 in last hour.
    Candies werent as valuable to was ignoring anything lower than 300 cp and last 15 mins was only checking for shinies.
    Most shinies were rubbish iv , but luckly on the evolves and got 3 different evolves straight away , going to wait till i get to Best Friend with second account and do a few trades to try and get some better IVs on the shinies.
    Largely missed community day Sat but it must have been fairly tedious for anyone doing it 3 hours both days , i even felt like that today after an hour , but broke up the day with a Marowak , Registeel and an ex raid potential gym raid.
    One thing i do like about community day is that the usually announce the next one the following Tuesday !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

While we havn't played as much lately, myself and delly jr. were out in full swing today for our number 1 Pokemon. We had to bring the extended family along as well of course, it being their day and all!

458151.jpg

Friend of mine was over in Cyprus, was very happy to trade a London Kangaskhan for this :D

• Advertisement

My friend in Salford has a shiny Flareon for me, in return for a shiny Jolteon. Along with a MewTwo I have for her and basically anything you can get from raids like Lugia, Ho Oh, Mawile, Absol, all the Regis, anything raidy that hasn't been released in quests yet. Better be a long time before the Manics tour again because we only meet up on Manics tours and she better have a shedload of stardust!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My friend in Salford has a shiny Flareon for me, in return for a shiny Jolteon. Along with a MewTwo I have for her and basically anything you can get from raids like Lugia, Ho Oh, Mawile, Absol, all the Regis, anything raidy that hasn't been released in quests yet. Better be a long time before the Manics tour again because we only meet up on Manics tours and she better have a shedload of stardust!!
    And that it lasts for days; those are all once a day only trades which means you both needs to be around for a while :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Rooy wrote: »
    One thing i do like about community day is that the usually announce the next one the following Tuesday !

c'mon machamp!!

Took me 5 evolves before getting all gen1 shiny variants, and enough left over the future ones.

Its a pity they didnt bring in some one off trade discount for people to trade their extra flareons for jolteons. Otherwise its 1million or 40k stardust if you get the 90 days friends discount.

Still a discount on trading so 750,000 for a shiny trade I think way more than most of us have to spare.

Nody wrote: »
    And that it lasts for days; those are all once a day only trades which means you both needs to be around for a while :P

Most bands tour for more than one day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Question for the experts...the kids have gotten back into playing after 2 years...couldnt remember old password or account so set up a new one for them but now they logged in with Google after I set up new trainer club account and my old account popped up....so can I use the 2 accounts on the same phone or is that something that would get them.both banned

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Question for the experts...the kids have gotten back into playing after 2 years...couldnt remember old password or account so set up a new one for them but now they logged in with Google after I set up new trainer club account and my old account popped up....so can I use the 2 accounts on the same phone or is that something that would get them.both banned
    I don't believe so as many parents allow their children to share their phones.
    In saying that could be wrong.
    An old phone Hot-spotted to yours will allow you to play side by side and may be more suitable.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Jfrost wrote: »
    I don't believe so as many parents allow their children to share their phones.
    In saying that could be wrong.
    An old phone Hot-spotted to yours will allow you to play side by side and may be more suitable.
    I used to hotspot with my old phone using the 2nd account. (Set up 10 months ago to allow both of us to play) Had to give the phone to a clumsy teen 6 months ago. Since then Ive used 2 accounts on a single phone, no big issues.
    Small bug since Friendship introduction is that you log out of 1 account, log in on 2nd and get no info on the map. You need to close the game and restart to get a populated map. It adds 30 secs to the account switch.
    (If with the daughter I often go out with an iPad in bag, so she uses phone while the iPad hotspots off it with an account each)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I have juggled 3 different accounts on 1 phone and have never had any issues.
    Someone mentioned that if you're setting up and account for kids and you specify an age of 13 or less they won't be able to trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lurkere

Hi all, does anyone have an invite for the Dublin discord channel?

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    I have juggled 3 different accounts on 1 phone and have never had any issues.
    Someone mentioned that if you're setting up and account for kids and you specify an age of 13 or less they won't be able to trade?

This is true, child accounts can't add friends or trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

syboit wrote: »
    Well 3x exp bonus with eggs means 6x bonus for 3h. Last time that netted me over half a million exp which I'd not mind doing again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

syboit wrote: »

Again a Saturday though :rolleyes: Why not on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

lurkere wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone have an invite for the Dublin discord channel?

https://discord.gg/bN75tF

Mewfour has become Mewthree AND I'm down 135,000 stardust but I finally has a shiny karp, cp 143 so far I'm gonna keep collecting dust until he's 178 cp then I'm evolving that sucka, bonus hatch shiny Wailmer today, it's great I still haven't got a Wailord as I'm collecting candy incase it becomes a mythical quest am up to 712 wailmer candy so near enough for a shiny/non shiny double evolve same on karp candy 755 of those

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Again a Saturday though :rolleyes: Why not on a Sunday?
    Because they always put it on Saturdays? I'm guessing due to potential less participation due to church goers on Sundays etc.

Wish it was 2pm start instead of 10am I'm betting October will be a ghost related one

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

Mewfour has become Mewthree AND I'm down 135,000 stardust but I finally has a shiny karp, cp 143 so far I'm gonna keep collecting dust until he's 178 cp then I'm evolving that sucka, bonus hatch shiny Wailmer today, it's great I still haven't got a Wailord as I'm collecting candy incase it becomes a mythical quest am up to 712 wailmer candy so near enough for a shiny/non shiny double evolve same on karp candy 755 of those

:-( will have to rename my owenxiii shiny karp so :-)

• Advertisement

I still hot Mewthree just wait till we get to 30 days then it's 80,000 trade cost

Advertisement