Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Dont forget that a lucky egg means 100K to reach 'ultra friends'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm out for a while either way foot is too balked to be out catching vermin I think next big go for me will be the end of the month when we need to do some stuff for the Safari zone event I'm hoping to be more stable then, the life of a pokemon go bootman ain't so good but it beats the life of a one legged pokemon go limpyman. Gulp sometimes I go too far. :p

Anyone know the projected date of Moltres day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Anyone know the projected date of Moltres day?

I think its supposed to be sept 8th

Wonder will we get a Lugia or Ho-oh day way down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Tenger wrote: »
    Dont forget that a lucky egg means 100K to reach 'ultra friends'

One thing to watch out for is to ensure you give your app time to register /display the Ultra friend bonus so it will x2 it , twice now I have been doing evolves also with the lucky egg and this seems to prevent it registering the Ultra level until i have exited the Evolve window and returned to normal gameplay.

• Advertisement

Rooy wrote: »
    One thing to watch out for is to ensure you give your app time to register /display the Ultra friend bonus so it will x2 it , twice now I have been doing evolves also with the lucky egg and this seems to prevent it registering the Ultra level until i have exited the Evolve window and returned to normal gameplay.

I made that mistake on my 1st try. What I have done since then is pop an egg, open the gifts to reach next level then spend 15 mins evolving. Then I just leave it on the gamemap which gives the game 10 mins to register/process all the friendship bonuses. The friendship bonus should be the priority with the evolves just a light sugar coating!!
    My previous lucky egg max evolve total (using 2 devices) was about 115K. This is dwarfed by the possible friendship bonuses at 100K per Ultra, even 5x Good rewards is better than any set of mass evolves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wonder will we get a Lugia or Ho-oh day way down the line.
    Possibly, but yeah I'd say it would be a while before they do that, given that both already had their shinies in raids.

One I'm looking forward to hopefully getting one day is Rayquaza.

I made that mistake on my 1st try. What I have done since then is pop an egg, open the gifts to reach next level then spend 15 mins evolving. Then I just leave it on the gamemap which gives the game 10 mins to register/process all the friendship bonuses. The friendship bonus should be the priority with the evolves just a light sugar coating!!
    My previous lucky egg max evolve total (using 2 devices) was about 115K. This is dwarfed by the possible friendship bonuses at 100K per Ultra, even 5x Good rewards is better than any set of mass evolves.

Will be doing that in future , 250k xp lost was a costly lesson though , although im already level 40 for a while

Angron wrote: »
    Possibly, but yeah I'd say it would be a while before they do that, given that both already had their shinies in raids.

Regirock is persumely coming tomorrow for a month which is last Gen 3 legendary , so will be interesting to see what comes after that , will they start Gen 4 legendaries or will we have a few months of recycling existing legendaries

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Rooy wrote: »
    Regirock is persumely coming tomorrow for a month which is last Gen 3 legendary , so will be interesting to see what comes after that , will they start Gen 4 legendaries or will we have a few months of recycling existing legendaries
    There are two thoughts here in my mind. On the one hand we know Gen 4 is due to come soon and hence going over to Gen 4 legendary raids makes sense.

On the other hand there's a need for the older once to rotate in to fill gaps and people will be very focused on getting the "normal" 'mons in the beginning so new legendary bosses are not needed to keep the interest up. Hence running "old" once for the first 3 to 6 months and then switch to new once would keep people playing longer since they first chase the normal 'mons and then start chasing the legendary 'mons. Then again they can also rotate those older 'mons into the monthly quest so I can see it go either way.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »

Since we had shiny kyogre , I'd expect shiny groudon at some stage.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/celebi-research/

Underlined is my own emphasis.

Trainers,

Professor Willow needs your help once again! It seems he’s been tracking the Mythical Pokémon Celebi, which has mysteriously appeared somewhere nearby. Can you help him locate the Time Travel Pokémon? Prepare yourself for August 20, when this Special Research becomes available worldwide!

Along the way to discovering Celebi’s time-shifting nature, you’ll encounter tasks that will test your skills as a Trainer. Complete tasks to gain XP, receive useful items, and even encounter certain Pokémon on your journey! You can begin completing Special Research on Celebi at any time as long as you have done the third group of tasks related to the Special Research on Mew, and actively finish tasks related to both at your own pace!

For those who have already completed the exclusive Pokémon GO Fest Special Research and have obtained the Time Travel Pokémon, completing this new Special Research will earn you a new bounty of Candy to power up your Celebi.

The presence of Celebi has also drawn out the appearance of more Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region. Plus, Field Research relating to Pokémon discovered in the Johto region will be available throughout this special time. So get into the Johto spirit and get ready for a new adventure!

Trainers,

Professor Willow needs your help once again! It seems he’s been tracking the Mythical Pokémon Celebi, which has mysteriously appeared somewhere nearby. Can you help him locate the Time Travel Pokémon? Prepare yourself for August 20, when this Special Research becomes available worldwide!

Along the way to discovering Celebi’s time-shifting nature, you’ll encounter tasks that will test your skills as a Trainer. Complete tasks to gain XP, receive useful items, and even encounter certain Pokémon on your journey! You can begin completing Special Research on Celebi at any time as long as you have done the third group of tasks related to the Special Research on Mew, and actively finish tasks related to both at your own pace!

For those who have already completed the exclusive Pokémon GO Fest Special Research and have obtained the Time Travel Pokémon, completing this new Special Research will earn you a new bounty of Candy to power up your Celebi.

The presence of Celebi has also drawn out the appearance of more Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region. Plus, Field Research relating to Pokémon discovered in the Johto region will be available throughout this special time. So get into the Johto spirit and get ready for a new adventure!

New clothes too, was starting to look a bit shabby :)

Can’t wait to show your love for the Johto region? A new Celebi T-shirt is now available for free in the Style Shop. Plus, Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver Trainer avatar items are also available in the Style Shop, featuring outfits that unlock according to your Johto medal progress.

Just when I thought I was out THEY PULL ME BACK IN.

Don't do any evolve until Monday and if you have a spinda quest save it who knows what's getting into this quest as they won't be using unown but like the evolve magikarp and excellent curve ball throw and catch a ditto you can bet there will be some mad stuff in for it, do nothing strange until Monday if you can as I bet there will be something on the list that we've all taken for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Hopefully there'll be an evolve 382 Pidgeys task.

3000 ratatouille more like it or a Lion King esque Kakuna Rattata catch quest, save any weird quests until Monday do the usual stuff but I have a feeling some crazy ones will be needed

Trainers,

The "drawn out the appearance of more Pokemon" is either poor English/translation or possibly more meaningful/hint ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And another EX Raid invite for Sunday 26th; hopefully Mew #7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I gave up for more or less the entirety of 2016 and a lot of 2017- how does an ex raid work?

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I gave up for more or less the entirety of 2016 and a lot of 2017- how does an ex raid work?
    Its a raid (ie. Boss fight) against Mewtwo. You cant just turn up, the game has to reward you with an EX raid invite. If at gym is going to get an EX raid then any player who raided there over the previous week (before invites going out) has a chance of getting an invite.
    There is a vague system in place but essentially only the most active gyms get EX raids. EG. 3 of the 5/6 gyms around St.Stephens Green have had/are eligible for EX raids.
    Smaller/less active towns/suburbs have 'triggered' EX raid by constantly doing raids on certain gyms in their town in order to raise the activity level over the threshold. In Dublin city centre the targeted gyms are co-ordinated over Discord, Whatsapp or Telegram groups. Maybe next week 2 gyms in the city will be targeted.

I did a raid on Tuesday last in Stephens Green at the Robert Emmet gym. 2 players together doing Raichu. Yesterday the game awarded EX passes to some of the players who raided at that gym over the last week. Both accounts got an invite. The invite is to an EX raid from 1030-1130 on Aug 26th. Players without EX invites will not be able to see the raid ingame.

So to attempt to get one, find out an EX gym near you from your local players and try to do as many raids as you can at that gym. level 1-5, they all count towards your chances and the chance of triggering an EX raid. Level 1-2 can be done on your own, level 3-4 needs minimum 3 players, level 5 needs 5+, dependant on the actual raid boss. It is currently Regirock until mid Sept.

• Advertisement

Its a raid against Mewtwo. You cant just turn up, the game has to reward you with an EX raid invite. If at gym is going to get an EX raid then any player who raided there over the previous week (before invites going out) has a chance of getting an invite.
    There is a vague system in place but essentially only the most active gyms get EX raids. EG. 3 of the 5/6 gyms around St.Stephens Green have had/are eligible for EX raids.
    Smaller/less active towns/suburbs have 'triggered' EX raid by constantly doing raids on certain gyms in their town in order to raise the activity level over the threshold. In Dublin city centre the targeted gyms are co-ordinated over Discord, Whatsapp or Telegram groups. Maybe next week 2 gyms in the city will be targeted.

I did a raid on Tuesday last in Stephens Green at the Robert Emmet gym. 2 players together doing Raichu. Yesterday the game awarded EX passes to some of the players who raided at that gym over the last week. Both accounts got an invite. The invite is to an EX raid from 1030-1130 on Aug 26th. Players without EX invites will not be able to see the raid ingame.

Thanks for that. Im guessing there's no EX Raid in my near future unfortunately.

Thanks for that. Im guessing there's no EX Raid in my near future unfortunately.

Rural player?
    If so you can still access the legendary pokemon by completing the field research tasks. Fill up the week and on the last day you get an encounter with Raikou. Thats the current reward. Previous one was Snorlax, next month it might be another Legendary.

But EX raids are very much an urban event. Even level 5 raids need an active group, I have 3 gyms within sight of my home, Ive yet to take part in a raid above level 3 at either of them.

Rural player?
    If so you can still access the legendary pokemon by completing the field research tasks. Fill up the week and on the last day you get an encounter with Raikou. Thats the current reward. Previous one was Snorlax, next month it might be another Legendary.

But EX raids are very much an urban event. Even level 5 raids need an active group, I have 3 gyms within sight of my home, Ive yet to take part in a raid above level 3 at either of them.

Oh iv got a couple of Snorlax and Raikou alright, no problem there. Not even rural, it's a large enough town. But there's not enough raid activity as far as i can see, there's 5 gyms and i have never seen anyone attempt the level 5 on any bar one, and at that only once. I often find myself doing the 1-3 raids alone. Not much of an issue but i feel like i'm missing out :P

I wonder what September will bring for the legendary reward, i'm contemplating sitting on my 6/7 field research until next month.

I wonder what September will bring for the legendary reward, i'm contemplating sitting on my 6/7 field research until next month.
    Easy to do, you can keep doing daily tasks. Just dont tap the top reward until after the new pokemon is active. Tapping on the reward generates the pokemon, even if you dont do the encounter at that point.

Easy to do, you can keep doing daily tasks. Just dont tap the top reward until after the new pokemon is active. Tapping on the reward generates the pokemon, even if you dont do the encounter at that point.

Yep. But i also know i have enough time to build it back up before September. Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Never say never, whereabouts in 6 country are you...... There are groups in a lot of places that are able to trigger the Ex-raid

Jfrost wrote: »
    Never say never, whereabouts in 6 country are you...... There are groups in a lot of places that are able to trigger the Ex-raid

Nenagh, Co.Tipp. Perhaps i need to put the feelers out with the few heads i do run into.

Nenagh, Co.Tipp. Perhaps i need to put the feelers out with the few heads i do run into.
    OK need 18 different accounts to raid the target gym within the one week, that week is not Monday to Sunday, but rather the week between the issuing of passes.
    If you have 9 accounts or players get each to make an alt account in order to hit that 18.
    Ok so far? 18 accounts one week.
    Minimum size of at least one group Raid is 9 players.... That's 9 together, the other 9 can be done seperate or together.
    These are minimum numbers better with 40/60 players
    A suitable gym has to be in one of the blue areas in the picture below, not close or near it has to be in the Blue area
    Good luck

0yhJVqU.jpg

Any questions, ask and I hope I can answer.

I hope I'm clear in my instructions... If a gym is in one of the smaller areas I can do close ups of it, so you can be sure

• Advertisement

The blue areasa on the map above (nicely done btw) are classed as 'parks'. EX gyms only happen in parks according to Niantic, apparently its an emphasis on the social side to the game.

Navan gets regular EX raids since the group there did the same and focused their activity in order to trigger the first EX raid there.

Advertisement