Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Tenger wrote: »
    The blue areasa on the map above (nicely done btw) are classed as 'parks'. EX gyms only happen in parks according to Niantic, apparently its an emphasis on the social side to the game.

Navan gets regular EX raids since the group there did the same and focused their activity in order to trigger the first EX raid there.

At Donaghmore, which I found.... And they only have had one raid so Navan isn't regular ... Yet, trying to trigger today after Kells Ex-raid

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The blue areasa on the map above (nicely done btw) are classed as 'parks'. EX gyms only happen in parks according to Niantic, apparently its an emphasis on the social side to the game.

Navan gets regular EX raids since the group there did the same and focused their activity in order to trigger the first EX raid there.
    Parks & sponsored gyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Nody wrote: »
    Parks & sponsored gyms.

No sponsored gyms in Ireland as far as I know and sometimes like Turo in Dublin they may be labelled as a park on Open Street Map when in fact park might be pushing it.... The key is the labelling on Open Street Map

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Parks & sponsored gyms.
    Sponsered gyms are mainly a US thing. Most Sprint stores are sponsered gyms over there. Do they have them in the UK?

And I mistook Navan for Kells in my post above.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sponsered gyms are mainly a US thing. Most Sprint stores are sponsered gyms over there. Do they have them in the UK?

And I mistook Navan for Kells in my post above.
    There are quite a few spread out in Europe but only one in UK & Ireland close to Liverpool with Chester Castle. It's also something I'd expect to see increasing in numbers as time goes along esp. if you see new shopping malls opening up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I wonder what September will bring for the legendary reward, i'm contemplating sitting on my 6/7 field research until next month.

Fairly good chance its going to be Entei or Suicune. Entei and Raikou are definitely worth powering up if you can get enough candies. Suicune get one for the dex and your done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

syboit wrote: »
    Fairly good chance its going to be Entei or Suicune. Entei and Raikou are definitely worth powering up if you can get enough candies. Suicune get one for the dex and your done :)

Havent got a v decent CP Raikou yet (90+) on 2 accounts after 3 research tasks , but have 2 more attempts before it finishes , have been holding on rare candies with the expectations of powering up a high one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

I see the Celebi research quest is live now. Any info on the full set of tasks? Had a quick google but can't find a list as yet.

Yoghurt87 wrote: »
    I see the Celebi research quest is live now. Any info on the full set of tasks? Had a quick google but can't find a list as yet.
    Some parts of the quest is timed (catch a pokemon every day for 3 days) so no one completed it yet. Step two is:
    Catch a pokemon 3 days in a row

Make 3 new friends

Evolve an Evolved grass type
    Some people claim to have gotten around the 3 days in a row with a pokemon plus but it's awfully silent on showing steps 3...

Ok; so people have been date cheating to fix the step 2; here's the steps 3 to 6 taken from Sliphroad Reddit.

Level 3
    Hit level 25
    Use a Sun stone to evolve Gloom or Sunkern
    Hatch 9 eggs

Level 4
    Walk 10km with Eevee as your budy to earn Candy
    Evolve Eevee into Esepon during the day
    Send 20 Gifts to friends

Level 5
    Walk 10km with Eevee as your budy to earn Candy
    Evolve Eevee into Umbreon at night
    Trade a Pokemon

Level 6
    Visit Pokestops 7 days in a row
    Use 25 Pinap Berries while catching Pokemon (that's the new berry so save 'em up!)
    Use items to evolve Pokemon 2 times

So far these seem much more reasonable compared to 10 ghosts, evolve Magikarp or catch a ditto assuming that the Pinap berry drop rate is not abysmal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Ah balls, I already started walking an Eevee thinking the tasks were just the evolve bit

Ok; so people have been date cheating to fix the step 2; here's the steps 3 to 6 taken from Sliphroad Reddit.

Level 3
    Hit level 25
    Use a Sun stone to evolve Gloom or Sunkern
    Hatch 9 eggs

So far these seem much more reasonable compared to 10 ghosts, evolve Magikarp or catch a ditto assuming that the Pinap berry drop rate is not abysmal...
    I would agree re 10 ghosts and Ditto, but hatching 9 eggs is quite the bottleneck for most players.
    I stopping getting coins for eggs last year so it’s just the infinite and every 3-4 days a normal incubator for me. The 50 coins per day limit is such a pain.
    I’m trying to collect 2km/5km eggs now as I’ve gotten enough Alolan forms at this point.

I would agree re 10 ghosts and Ditto, but hatching 9 eggs is quite the bottleneck for most players.
    I stopping getting coins for eggs last year so it’s just the infinite and every 3-4 days a normal incubator for me. The 50 coins per day limit is such a pain.
    I’m trying to collect 2km/5km eggs now as I’ve gotten enough Alolan forms at this point.
    But it's a bottle neck you can control by walking more; getting a ditto or a ghost is down to luck more than anything else and you can prepare by saving the "right" type of eggs :)

As a reference these are the two final steps data that are data mined:
    7/8

- Catch {0} Grass- or Psychic-type Pokémon
    - Earn a Gold Johto medal
    - Trade Pokémon {0} times

Where {0} can be any number.

8/8

- Catch Celebi

And these are the steps already confirmed to have it all in one post:
    Stage 1/8:

• Power up Pokemon 5 times (1000 XP)
    • Battle in a raid (1000 XP)
    • Battle in a Gym 2 times (1000 XP)

Rewards: 10 Pokeballs, Fast TM, Super Incubator

Stage 2/8:

• Make 3 new friends (1500 XP)
    • Evolve an evolved grass-type Pokemon (1500 XP)
    • Catch a Pokemon 3 days in a row (1500 XP)

Rewards: 1500 Stardust, Sunstone, Premium Raid Pass

Stage 3/8:

• Reach level 25 (2000 XP)
    • Use a Sun Stone to evolve Gloom or Sunkern (2000 XP)
    • Hatch 9 eggs (2000 XP)

Rewards: Eevee encounter, King's Rock, Premium Raid Pass

Stage 4/8:

• Walk 10 km with Eevee as your buddy to earn Candy (2500 XP)
    • Evolve Eevee into Espeon during the day (2500XP)
    • Send 20 Gifts to friends (2500 XP)

Rewards: Eevee encounter, 2500 Stardust, Metal Coat

Stage 5/8:

• Walk 10 km with Eevee as your buddy to earn Candy (3000 XP)
    • Evolve Eevee into Umbreon at night (3000XP)
    • Trade a Pokémon (3000 XP)

Rewards: Starpiece, 15 Pinap Berries, Upgrade

Stage 6/8:

• Visit PokéStops 7 days in a row (3500 XP)
    • Use 25 Pinap Berries while catching Pokémon (3500 XP)
    • Use items to evolve Pokémon 2 times (3500 XP)

Rewards: 3500 Stardust, Dragon Scale, 5 Silver Pinap Berries
    All taken from a Sliphroad thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Meant to post this, caught this one over in London at the weekend :D

Need to check what’s in those parks on OSM. Main park in Waterford has two gyms but never an Ex Raid, had a lot of people puzzled earlier in the year, until they were checked and I think where both were (bandstand and fountain) were classed as amenities on OSM so not eligible for an Ex raid. A lot of wasted time & effort trying to trigger Ex raids

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I've an eevee walked 8.5k already. Anyone know if by just doing the extra 1.5 it will trigger the 10k or if you need to do the 10k from scratch.

Waiting on my 9 egg hatches at the moment.

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I've an eevee walked 8.5k already. Anyone know if by just doing the extra 1.5 it will trigger the 10k or if you need to do the 10k from scratch.

Waiting on my 9 egg hatches at the moment.
    From what I've read the answer is no; you need to earn at least 2 candy with the Eevee you're walking at the time and "pre walking" does not count. However if you have it at 4/5 km you only need to walk 6km for the two candy so if you've just changed over you get the last 3.5 km you walked "credited".

Entei next..

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/99qr15/september_research_is_entei/

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Should get 5 of these the way the dates have fallen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Johto event ends just before the Safari zone event in Japan next week Celebi quest not affected by this, wonder when shiny wingul goes live.

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Should get 5 of these the way the dates have fallen

Gonna get my 5th Raikou (hopefully) on Aug 30th.
    Anyone think holding out for a day and getting Entei is a better plan?
    They are both good to have. I have 4-5 of each from previous raids anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2 and a bit days it will go live on September 1st at 9pm Irish time

I'm in the same position; I can get one last Raikou on the last day or wait one day to switch to Entei instead. Inclined to go Entei personally because I got a 14/15 Atk 93% one I can boost along with two Jolteon I can boost up a bit as well to give me 3 decent electrical once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Im holding out for the 1st, and i'll be ready to go again straight away. Have enough Raikou.

Johto event ends just before the Safari zone event in Japan next week Celebi quest not affected by this, wonder when shiny wingul goes live.

Shiny Wingull next weekend, Sept 1-2. Assume it’ll have the same crazy shiny rate as Rosalia and Minun/Plusle if it’s linked to a Safari zone event

AMGer wrote: »
    Shiny Wingull next weekend, Sept 1-2. Assume it’ll have the same crazy shiny rate as Rosalia and Minun/Plusle if it’s linked to a Safari zone event

Might it be here earlier, the japan event starts on 29th.

Ho-oh is back for a few days, reports in US seem to suggest its only hooh and no regirock in T5's.

Might it be here earlier, the japan event starts on 29th.

Ho-oh is back for a few days, reports in US seem to suggest its only hooh and no regirock in T5's.
    I pity those who've not had a chance to catch one but personally all I can say is thank **** as my raiding interest during this trilogy has been at an all time low and at least Ho-oh has some limited use beyond filling a 'dex spot.

I pity those who've not had a chance to catch one but personally all I can say is thank **** as my raiding interest during this trilogy has been at an all time low and at least Ho-oh has some limited use beyond filling a 'dex spot.

Yup, registeel is my best legandary stats, 2 for 2. 1 for 2 Regirock, after the first few days of release not much interest.

• Advertisement

Ho-Oh has now been duoed with Ttars with weatherboost.

I'll admit that's pushing me to try to get my Ttars to 40 (not that I'll end up with 6 of 'em to duo but the principle :) )

Advertisement