Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

I playing pokemon go my plan to hatch my all eggs my i leave it on today and walk around my home eventually i hatch them all so far i hatch 2 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Smertrius wrote: »
    I playing pokemon go my plan to hatch my all eggs my i leave it on today and walk around my home eventually i hatch them all so far i hatch 2 of them
    the game doesn't count steps, but occasionally updates with distance.... So you need to walk down the road 400m and turn and walk back, laps of your house will not count... Sorry

Are we ever gonna do a meet up in the near future for trading could schedule by area or one big meet up where we all go to some accessible place for everyone somewhere. Pokemon meet up 2018

You've just nominated yourself to organise..... Looking forward to the invite

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have a diagnosed social phobia woohoo I eggscaped

Had a rotten mutha trucker transfer my shiny eevee out on me earlier today he had my phone for about 3 minutes never though anyone could be so horrible, put a gloom in as my buddy I had walked the eevee 8k would have had a shiny umbreon now gods I hate people sometimes. Don't let anyone near your phone's while signed in. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's awful. Do you have another shiny Eevee you can evolve at least?

• Advertisement

Nope I had two left one became my espeon and this was set to be my umbreon I'm walking an 817cp normal revert now for umbreon still trying to process what happened guess it's my own fault really letting someone near my phone I need a better phone with fingerprint or retina scan then it's mine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If you happen to be around Dublin tomorrow, I could trade you one if you like? I got 20 shiny Eevee during the community day, so I have loads of spares.

Thanks for the offer really appreciate it I'll more than likely be in Newry all Ireland final day be a day to steer clear of Dublin

Heh, that's fair enough.

Thanks for the offer really appreciate it I'll more than likely be in Newry all Ireland final day be a day to steer clear of Dublin
    I can offer you a Shiny Eevee too..... Based in Cavan if that suits.... I travel around a fair bit... Message me if that suits.... A Weedle or similar will do from your side

• Advertisement

I'm in Dublin normally I caught some shiny in the two days this was my last unevolved I would have shiny eevee evolutions to trade for a shiny eevee but it's not important at the moment I just want to finish the celebi quest now first so I'm out walking my 817cp eevee now and hope to evolve him tonight to umbreon thanks again for the offer maybe in the future if we do a meet up we can trade. I am hoping to get a shiny wingul while I'm out today no luck yet, shiny growlithe is possible from the feed 10 berries catch quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I'm in Dublin normally I caught some shiny in the two days this was my last unevolved I would have shiny eevee evolutions to trade for a shiny eevee but it's not important at the moment I just want to finish the celebi quest now first so I'm out walking my 817cp eevee now and hope to evolve him tonight to umbreon thanks again for the offer maybe in the future if we do a meet up we can trade. I am hoping to get a shiny wingul while I'm out today no luck yet, shiny growlithe is possible from the feed 10 berries catch quest.

There is a new spinda form out too, "throw three great curveballs"

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

New Spinda form is '3' and the task is "make a great curveball throw"

Tenger wrote: »
    New Spinda form is '3' and the task is "make a great curveball throw"

ah cool, its just one ? I thought it was the three. makes it easier again.

One shiny wingul no luck on the growlithe or spinda quests yet

Got 7 shiny Wingull, only got one Growlithe quest and no shiny, and picked up a few Spinda.

Angron wrote: »
    Got 7 shiny Wingull, only got one Growlithe quest and no shiny, and picked up a few Spinda.
    Excactly the same.... Just picked up Spinda, 7 Wingull and one non-shiny Growlithe quest, in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

No sign of the Growlithe quest in my neck of the woods today. Did pick up 3 of the Spinda quest which surprised me, as it took me a few days to get the task last month.

AMGer wrote: »
    No sign of the Growlithe quest in my neck of the woods today. Did pick up 3 of the Spinda quest which surprised me, as it took me a few days to get the task last month.

Growlithe ones seem rare allright, good few spinda ones available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Did get my Celebi aswell today.....bring on Jirachi :)

• Advertisement

Bloody rain earlier in Dublin I can't be out in it too long so tomorrow night for Umbreon now then on to the 40 Mr Mime catch as he's a dime a dozen to catch. Then the dreaded excellent curve ball, Mr Mime my best chance for that or Moltres on Saturday the ultra super dooper reward is announced next Monday September 10 it better be worth it.

Below is a post I wrote for my local group, some of you may find it interesting, especially rural players wanting to know the rhythm of eligible Ex-raid gyms

OK then folks as we enter another phase of attempting to trigger an Ex Raid pass at the Ringfort, there has been questions about the how's and whys?
    So I'll do my best to explain, any clarification needed ask below.

First off the gym was found with this website..
    https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/uoJ
    It basically tells you all the areas that are suitable for Ex-raid gyms, it doesn't mean there is a gym in those areas, but that if there was it would be Ex-raid eligible.

Once found the cycle begins, and with the last issuing of World Wide Passes on Saturday, we can take that as the beginning of the cycle as well.

Each cycle is the space between the issuing of passes, normally about 7 days, but every 3rd or 4th week it be becomes 8 days, which allows the Raid day to change.
    So during this cycle a number of players must Raid at the gym..... It needs a group raid and if not enough in the group Raid, smaller raids to top the number of accounts up. So far I believe the minimum number of accounts required is 18 for the issuing of passes, but 9 accounts raiding together will prime the gym but another 9 accounts must raid, individually or together, within that cycle to make that minimum 18 accounts.

I'm not to sure of a Maximum as we in Kells have not had that problem, but I believe that one exists.

So the pass gets issued the following week, then there is a 9 day wait till the Raid. During the 9 days, no raids appear at the gym. It goes into a shut down mode.
    But during those 9 days, another issuing of Passes worldwide appears, which is important, because our Raid is two days later and so in the middle of that cycle.
    The Ex-raid happens, most players are successful and the gym begins to hold raids again, but is not Ex-raid eligible. It has to go a full cycle of the issuing of passes before that happens. So with the Raid been 2 days into the cycle, it means the 5 days of the cycle and the 7 days of the next cycle before the gym is Ex-raid eligible again.

So 7 days to trigger, 9 days to wait and 12 days to reset means the overall cycle is 28-29 days.
    I hope this helps and let's you see how the system works.

What would you consider a disappointment for the ultra reward, tbh a Mewtwo day is my choice I like a few people I know not having one. Give us Gen 4 and release Unown and the regionals worldwide

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

IMO
    Gen 4 is coming regardless is that isnt a bonus.
    Cant see them ever doing anything globally with Unowns , reckon they will always be tied to an event in progress.
    Cant see it being a regional since trading was brought in , there would be a lot of disappointed people that already have that regional.
    Mewoth day - Not convinced myself , would be useless to more rural players , and a lot of people have numerous already.
    So my best guess would be all the previous bonuses around Stardust ,XP and eggs for maybe a week.
    We will know in a week I guess.

Went to Galway today for a Mewtwo raid, and I got my best Mewtwo so far, 96% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I had to skip my second ever Mewtwo raid the other week because the rain was insane :(

And today my Celebi quest reset my Pokestop count from 6 to 1... I'm not having great luck in the legendary department.

One of the players in Galway had that happen to them too, I think they were on the 5th day of their streak when it reset on them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

What would you consider a disappointment for the ultra reward, tbh a Mewtwo day is my choice I like a few people I know not having one. Give us Gen 4 and release Unown and the regionals worldwide
    I don’t mind the current EX raid system for urban players. Yesterday was my 2nd Mewtwo raid (but probably my 5th or 6th invite) Unfortunately my catch was top level, 2217 CP and 78%. I think the EX system rewards those hardcore players who actively chase those passes, but of course it excludes the rural players. There should be a reduced threshold for EX raids in less active areas. Maybe allow less raiding to trigger a weaker Mewtwo to allow small groups f players to fill their dex.

Unown is already available worldwide, just ultra extreme rare. I literally stumbled across mine in August last year while trying to get to a Dratini I saw on my nearby list. Initially thought it was a speck of dirt on my screen.

I liked the global challenge which unlocked Far’Fetched worldwide for 48 hours. I thought that is a good bonus. Am not sure if trading has increased/decreased the hype over Regionals though.

The Safari event across Europe was another good opportunity to get ingame activity boosted. I couldn’t travel to Belfast but managed to get 2 Kangas while in Paris with the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I'm hoping for a Mewtwo day, personally. Would round off the three bird days nicely and while it was kind of nice to have an 'exclusive' Pokemon, it makes no difference to me if more people have him, and it would be cool to get a new ex-raid rotation. I also love getting all the rewards from the raids on those days. :P

As for unown, I'd be super disappointed. I just don't care for them at all. I was in Paris during the Safari event and caught an F, no memory of it, til my friend who likes them freaked out last week and asked to trade for it - wish I'd caught more now :pac: But for me they're a bit like the bog standard legendaries you get from research... not that useful, nice for the dex, but no one will ever know how many you do or don't have, so meh.

• Advertisement

Canard wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a Mewtwo day, personally. Would round off the three bird days nicely and while it was kind of nice to have an 'exclusive' Pokemon, it makes no difference to me if more people have him, and it would be cool to get a new ex-raid rotation. I also love getting all the rewards from the raids on those days. :P

As for unown, I'd be super disappointed. I just don't care for them at all. I was in Paris during the Safari event and caught an F, no memory of it, til my friend who likes them freaked out last week and asked to trade for it - wish I'd caught more now :pac: But for me they're a bit like the bog standard legendaries you get from research... not that useful, nice for the dex, but no one will ever know how many you do or don't have, so meh.

It has to be something that had the potential of not being unlocked, I know I know probably a 0% chance of that. So worldwide Mewtwo day or some other 3 hour gym system like we had for the birds would be my guess.

Stuff like gen4/change in ex-system etc are going to happen anyways (we hope, at some point) so unlikely they would be tied in.

Love those freaky letters though :D

Advertisement