Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Canard wrote: »
    As for unown, I'd be super disappointed. I just don't care for them at all. I was in Paris during the Safari event and caught an F, no memory of it, til my friend who likes them freaked out last week and asked to trade for it - wish I'd caught more now :pac: But for me they're a bit like the bog standard legendaries you get from research... not that useful, nice for the dex, but no one will ever know how many you do or don't have, so meh.
    I’m with you on that. The Unown badge shall forever be twinned with Ace Trainer as one that I’ll never get Gold status with!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Canard wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a Mewtwo day, personally. Would round off the three bird days nicely and while it was kind of nice to have an 'exclusive' Pokemon, it makes no difference to me if more people have him, and it would be cool to get a new ex-raid rotation. I also love getting all the rewards from the raids on those days. :P

As for unown, I'd be super disappointed. I just don't care for them at all. I was in Paris during the Safari event and caught an F, no memory of it, til my friend who likes them freaked out last week and asked to trade for it - wish I'd caught more now :pac: But for me they're a bit like the bog standard legendaries you get from research... not that useful, nice for the dex, but no one will ever know how many you do or don't have, so meh.

We did a bit of a detour on our summer trip to go to Dortmund and caught a lot of Unowns.
    Where we are over the 2 months of the summer, the nearest gym is at an apartment block and there's a very active trainer there.
    He's a right kunt and if he's at home, he'll knock you out right away and not let you earn even a few coins. Most other 30+ trainers we've encountered will usually let you stay in your local gym for a bit to earn a few coins.

So we thought about how best we could annoy him. He's got decent mons and plenty of shinies, so we decided on the Unowns.
    Every day for 40 days, we put an Unown in his gym.
    No idea if it bothered him or not, but we almost looked forward to getting the Unown back, since that meant he'd seen them again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

josip wrote: »
    We did a bit of a detour on our summer trip to go to Dortmund and caught a lot of Unowns.
    Where we are over the 2 months of the summer, the nearest gym is at an apartment block and there's a very active trainer there.
    He's a right kunt and if he's at home, he'll knock you out right away and not let you earn even a few coins. Most other 30+ trainers we've encountered will usually let you stay in your local gym for a bit to earn a few coins.
    Got me a similar nemesis; he'll knock out mine and only mine pokemon from a gym. How do I know? Because I always place mine and the misses 'mons in the gyms around here and as I place mine first he always only knocks out me even if there are 5 other 'mons at red CP. I think he took offence to me knocking him out of various local gyms but I did that no matter who was in the gyms I frequented at a certain time period for a month so not like it was personal but he's made it personal and I now actively check any gyms if he's in them to return the favour :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Nody wrote: »
    Got me a similar nemesis; he'll knock out mine and only mine pokemon from a gym. How do I know? Because I always place mine and the misses 'mons in the gyms around here and as I place mine first he always only knocks out me even if there are 5 other 'mons at red CP. I think he took offence to me knocking him out of various local gyms but I did that no matter who was in the gyms I frequented at a certain time period for a month so not like it was personal but he's made it personal and I now actively check any gyms if he's in them to return the favour :P

Ah, this game brings out good old bitterness in a lot of players. Used to be one guy around us would knock you out of 2 to 3 gyms right before midnight.

A lot of players in our area just take one gym and we alternate around everyday, no communication needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

when the switch game comes out in November you can trade the pokemon from pokemon go to the switch pokemon lets go back and forth from generation 1 from the switch pokemon lets go and pokemon go and vice verse to gotcha them all 151 generation 1. I can't wait to continue this game on the switch pokemon lets go to catch all pokemon from a generation 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Hahaha I hate petty trainers! :rolleyes: I have a sort of rule for myself (kinda assumed it was an unwritten one ever since the gym overhaul, but apparently not...) that if the person hasn't been in the gym for long enough to get all their coins, you don't kick them out. An obvious exception being, say, when 5 people have been and 1 person has just appeared in it, tough luck newbie :P I know it's meant to be competitive etc, but like, you need people to kick you out at suitable times so it just seems rude to me to kick them out earlier - well, in suburban areas at least, where you could easily just find a different one.

The church near me was my first gold gym and is definitely my most defended one. Two arses who live near me play together and have two accounts each, and kept kicking me out to put FOUR Pokemon in the gym when I hadn't gotten to get my coins yet. So I made a point of going around the neighbourhood booting them from multiple gyms, taking great joy in the knowledge that every gym after the first one was useless for them, mwahaha :pac:

I also had a spoofer recently trying to kick me out of my newly claimed gym by the seafront. There was NOBODY at the gym and I could see that, so I wasn't having it. I kept my account open for a good 20-25 minutes while they continually tried to kick me out (so, definitely spoofing, no one would stay there that long) feeding my Blissey golden razz berries. I have plenty and it was the principle more than anything, they were even taking breaks of 3-4 minutes and then doing it again as if I'd close the game and not then see what was happening, but I was so bitter that yes, I did continue to check. Got my coins in the end. :cool:

Also just realised it's going to be September 11 by the time I get my 7 stops in a row for that fupping Celebi quest after the reset :( So annoying, I just want to get back onto a step I can actually progress in. Every time I make an excellent curve ball or catch a grass/psychic Pokemon I feel resentment. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've got one blue player around Longford where we usually try to knock each other out of a gym once a day so we both get our coins. It's a decent system, and has saved me from making an alt account just to knock myself out of gyms :pac: I might end up making an alt to help with doing raids around town though, I very rarely meet other players to do them locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Some speculation that the Ultra bonus will be Mewtwo, after which Deoxys will be the new EX raid boss

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

AMGer wrote: »
    Some speculation that the Ultra bonus will be Mewtwo, after which Deoxys will be the new EX raid boss
    Feels more like wishful thinking than anything else to be honest; looking back at previous rewards I'd expect for example Kanto regionals appearing everywhere to let people fill up their dexes or similar.

• Advertisement

I'd expect for example Kanto regionals appearing everywhere to let people fill up their dexes or similar.

We have trading now so that would seem far from an Ultra bonus for many

We have trading now so that would seem far from an Ultra bonus for many
    Trading requires you to be next to a person who has it ready for trade; for many more that's not going to be an option esp. if you start thinking in terms of casual players etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Makes sense but I think it would cheapen Mewtwo. So I hope they bring in Deoxys but not Mewtwo day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Global trading would be a serious ultra unlock 7 day shiny charm where potentially everything and anything is shiny, discount on storage would be a cash grab but a welcoming one. I don't think it will be just one thing seeing as multiple tasks were required to unlock it.

Diemos wrote: »
    Makes sense but I think it would cheapen Mewtwo. So I hope they bring in Deoxys but not Mewtwo day.
    But they would then need to offer some other way to get Mewtwo; either rotated in as a normal boss, legendary quest etc. Personal gut feeling is that the EX raid concept was something planned to expand on by Niantec but now it's been kicked in a corner and is generally ignored as they got the quest system etc. instead. They don't scrap it as it provides access for people for Mewtwo's but as a concept it's dead in the water; it's simply been to long for there to be no changes to it beyond how passes were allocated if they wanted to use it more etc. but there been no talk about it, no changes, nothing. It was an idea; they scrapped it for the quest system instead and it will never be changed basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Ive been holding off doing any evolves in the past 2 weeks in case there is a XP related bonus as part of Ultra Bonus.
    Mewtwo day is a reasonably theory but I cant see an Ultra bonus limited to a 3 hour window.

Ugh, spun another stop today and my Celebi count stayed at 1 while acting like it had gone up! :mad: No idea what to do. I'm not NOT spinning just to refresh it (probably wouldn't even work), but I'm pissed off now. I know there's no time limit, but I grinded hard through the other quests to get Celebi ASAP and now I'm stuck. They better advance it or something, it's such a dumb idea for a quest anyway and they clearly did it just to delay people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Rooy wrote: »
    Ive been holding off doing any evolves in the past 2 weeks in case there is a XP related bonus as part of Ultra Bonus.
    Mewtwo day is a reasonably theory but I cant see an Ultra bonus limited to a 3 hour window.

I've been holding off evolving since the double XP evolve back in January?
    Beginning to doubt whether there will ever be another double XP evolve.

Bit of a mixed day today. Found myself near a gym with a weather boosted Machamp Raid.
    It's been a while since I've solo-ed a Machamp.
    For the last few months I've either had a spare phone with Mrs Josip's account or I've raided with the locals.
    It was nice to be back solo and I still had my 'Cloudy Machamp' team ready to go.
    Got it with my last mon in the red and 45s left on the clock.

In my excitement I must have been hitting buttons by accident in my pocket and evolved my best Eevee buddy that had 7km walked on it into a Vap.
    So have to start that task again :(

But they would then need to offer some other way to get Mewtwo; either rotated in as a normal boss, legendary quest etc. Personal gut feeling is that the EX raid concept was something planned to expand on by Niantec but now it's been kicked in a corner and is generally ignored as they got the quest system etc. instead. They don't scrap it as it provides access for people for Mewtwo's but as a concept it's dead in the water; it's simply been to long for there to be no changes to it beyond how passes were allocated if they wanted to use it more etc. but there been no talk about it, no changes, nothing. It was an idea; they scrapped it for the quest system instead and it will never be changed basically.

Ex raids with Mewtwo have been out over a year. Yes the Ex raid system is rubbish but at least they tweaked it so it’s not too hard to trigger an Ex Raid. Unfortunately Ex raids are here to stay. In a lot of countries sponsored gyms (Starbucks etc) are guaranteed Ex raid destinations. I would say the majority of players have a Mewtwo, and certainly in the two largest markets, US & Japan. I’m not sure if Niantic cares enough that one casual player in Termonfeckin didn’t get an Ex Raid. Switching the Ex raid boss now makes sense, how much more $$$ could Niantic make off players if they changed it up? And I’m sure in sponsored locations there’ll be pressure to freshen it up.
    For me personally I haven’t tried at the Ex gym I have in months because I have enough Mewtwo, if the Ex boss changed I’d be spending Raid passes at that gym first thing tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

How longs the triple stardust going to last?

Never read anything about it....

• Advertisement

DublinCJM wrote: »
    How longs the triple stardust going to last?

Never read anything about it....
    It was the reward for the third global research quest from Professor Willow; it will last until September 10th and can be found under the news article "Unlock Moltres Day during Professor Willow's Global Challenge!".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gonna be in Dublin for the raid day, and I will have a Valor group but we'll likely be fairly booting it along. On Zapdos day we covered SSG, Merrion, Trinity, Temple Bar, Dublin Castle, O'Connell Street, Parnell Square, and Blessington Street, so we'll probably be looking to get the same done again.

Also, on Mewtwo I'm 14/14 for capture attempts, though I did have to miss two raids altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Swapped an old snorlax from august 2016 for a weather boosted mewtwo.

Guaranteed Lucky on both sides. now have a 3,925CP beast with more room to increase.

Swapped an old snorlax from august 2016 for a weather boosted mewtwo.

Guaranteed Lucky on both sides. now have a 3,925CP beast with more room to increase.
    Nice one. Was thinking of doing the same.
    Not a weather boosted Mewtwo but still worth it to get a lucky one.

Thanks for testing that for us.

I'm raging at that new 'event'. They encouraged us to trade with the double candy event, so I did, and I got over ten lucky Pokemon in total (nothing worth writing home about, mind you), and so now I can't take part. Wtf? I don't even get the point really, July-August 2016 is literally the oldest they could've gone, and those were already pretty much guaranteed as far as I know (and from my own experience). Would've been nice to get some guaranteed good ones, thanks Niantic. :rolleyes:

I have my original bulbasaur from July 2016 silly Niantic

I have my original bulbasaur from July 2016 silly Niantic

Same as me. I too thought trading very old mons was an almost guaranteed lucky. But I tried 2 weeks ago with an August 2016 Machamp and didn’t get it. #sad

I have about 12-15 from that period. A couple are pretty good, others not so much (starter Squirtle, 1st wild catch, 1st 10km hatch, 1st Dratini,1st Vaporeon etc) I am loath to trade them to my daughters account but it might be worth it to boost her stable.
    Tomorrow I’ll try to trade a Mewtwo from last Monday for a July 2016 Dratini!

Its not a bad investment! I traded a legacy Lapras for a Raikou and thankfully it turned lucky (randomly), but my only other July 2016 ones (if I were even eligible for the event) are pretty strong, like my first 3K+ Rhydon, a strong Kingdra, etc... I mean, if I still have them, that's why! But it's a good way to get people doing good trades, and to get good lucky Pokemon, kinda wish I could get in on it but I'm sure they might do it again.

I set my account up in July 2016 but didn't get playing properly until September 2016 and most of those mon were transferred long ago due to low cp or being vermin, this is a really stupid system if you or the person trading with you have less than 10 lucky mon it increases the chance to almost certain, almost being the word there.

• Advertisement

Heavy rain forecast for dublin tomorrow anyone know of any spots with in door gyms it would have to rain on fire bird day.

Advertisement