Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Most Dart stations have a gym.
    Sit in the middle carriage.
    Every 2 minutes, you reach a new one.
    Stay warm and dry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finished the event with 4 shinies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2 on one account 1 on the other better than articuno day 0 on than way less than zapdos bring on Lugia day now so I can finally get one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ended up with 3 shines (only one on the last two events for same number of raids) with high point being a 96% and one 98% normal along with a 92% shiny with the other two being high 80s so trade material. Made a couple hundred k exp and dust overall so I'm happy enough with that. Have to say 39 is so much fun compared to how 37 and 38 was to go through.

Nody wrote: »
    Ended up with 3 shines (only one on the last two events for same number of raids) with high point being a 96% and one 98% normal along with a 92% shiny with the other two being high 80s so trade material. Made a couple hundred k exp and dust overall so I'm happy enough with that. Have to say 39 is so much fun compared to how 37 and 38 was to go through.

I've ended up with 653/500 items need to dump a load of them by morning as I'm still 2 days away from the 7 day spin for celebi didn't look at my xp or dust yet both phones are charging now so will check it out later hoping for a week off before more stuff to give my foot a rest I can't wear my boot in rain so today was a slog of a day. Enjoyed it but unfortunately missed out on Hugo Weaving in Dublin earlier today signed stuff for 200+ people in Forbidden Planet International I missed the queue but thats ok I got shines :)

• Advertisement

Got no shinies, no Moltres and 7 bags of clothes from shopping this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Between Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, I've raided over 50 times and used my spare phone for folk working.
    Those folk have gotten 2 Shinies each time and I am yet to get a shiny from a Legendary Raid.... Of course each have offered me trades as a Thank You, so I'm OK, but to think that my account is yet to earn a Shiny Legendary on its own.
    Leaving me with
    77/95 shinys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

2 on one account 1 on the other better than articuno day 0 on than way less than zapdos bring on Lugia day now so I can finally get one

I can't see a Lugia day happening since his shiny has already been released and circulated a few times. :( I'd like one too, but I didn't do enough raids the last weekend it was back... next time I'll try harder!

A friend of mine did it for me (so grateful) because I was moving that day, ended up with 4 shinies and 78 rare candies :) I hope the next reward is a Mewtwo day! And that I can take part this time...

And then I really, really hope we get shiny dog days, I have barely any of them (couldn't manage the raids back in the day, and ofc research was never ideal). Plus their shiny forms are so cool, way better than the birds, I love all 3! I hope it becomes a regular thing like community day, would be great if they turned it into a weekend thing, c-day and then a raid day, but I feel like we'd all burn out pretty quickly and they'd like, generally, to spread the excitement out.

Mewtwo on general release for a month!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/niantic-reveals-pokemon-go-ultra-bonus-event/

Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres in raid battles from September 13 at 1:00 PM PDT until September 20
    Features increased Kanto spawns worldwide and new Kanto specific raid bosses

Mewtwo is joining regular raid battles on September 20 at 1:00 PM PDT and lasts until October 23 at 1:00 PM PDT
    No word on Shiny Mewtwo, and no word on Mewtwo day, we guess this is a Mewtwo month?

Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Mr.Mime and Tauros will be available in 7 KM eggs, allowing everyone to complete their Generation 1 Pokedex entries.According to the Japanese version of the official article, only Eggs picked up from Sept 13th, 1 PM PDT – Sept 30 will contain Gen 1 Regionals

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Wonder what catch table Mewtwo will be on; the normal "raid boss" rate or the EX raid rate and I'm going to get some for the misses as we as use it for stocking up candy for my current bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I order to get a regional from a 7km egg I wonder if you need to receive a gift from that region? i.e. Tauros from gift received from the US, Kanga from Australia etc.

AMGer wrote: »
    I order to get a regional from a 7km egg I wonder if you need to receive a gift from that region? i.e. Tauros from gift received from the US, Kanga from Australia etc.

Personally I would like that idea but I doubt it. Prob just a 25% chance of each

Also, is that the end of Ex raids?

AMGer wrote: »
    Also, is that the end of Ex raids?

Theories online all expect that a new EX raid boss will be announced, Jirachi or Deoxys perhaps.

I had read an article a few months talking about the difficulties in adding another 130+ Pokémon into the game when Gen 4 arrives. It pointed out that Niantic would have to allow current players to complete their Kanto dex before further diluting the available spawns with a new set. This event seems tailor made to allow Kanto completion all round.
    Although I thought the last Kanto event was a signal that Gen 4 was imminent.

That event is so meh. We have literally just had the birds for the billionth time, with good shiny rates, and they've already released regionals a few times. I'll be excited to get the ones I missed + more of the ones I did get, but hatching 7K eggs for them will be such a pain, especially with how crap the pool already is for those anyway. I at least hope shiny Mewtwo will be a possibility, but I'm doubting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Canard wrote: »
    That event is so meh. We have literally just had the birds for the billionth time, with good shiny rates, and they've already released regionals a few times. I'll be excited to get the ones I missed + more of the ones I did get, but hatching 7K eggs for them will be such a pain, especially with how crap the pool already is for those anyway. I at least hope shiny Mewtwo will be a possibility, but I'm doubting it.

I'm the opposite, I'm very happy to see it coming, I wasn't active when they were around the first time. Also there's zero chance of an ex raid happening locally for me so it gives me a chance to catch Mewtwo.

The 7k hatch is a nice addition, give us all a chance to get the region ones we couldn't normally get.

Just to add - the Japanese Pokemon site says that regionals from 7km eggs will start appearing in the early morning of Sept 14th. So I guess we can take from that that it’s 1pm PDT on the 13th, 9pm Irish on the 13th when the Kanto event starts. So continue to avoid those 7km eggs like the plague for another few days!

No unown really pisses me off now I need to.spend more money on incubators cash grab ala ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Nody wrote: »
    Wonder what catch table Mewtwo will be on; the normal "raid boss" rate or the EX raid rate and I'm going to get some for the misses as we as use it for stocking up candy for my current bunch.

Would imagine it will be dropped down to the bass rate of 2% or 3%.

Looking forward to seeing some more min team's needed to beat the birds/mewtwo. Now that they will be available more don't mind having a go with 3 accounts to see if its beatable with our teams.

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    Would imagine it will be dropped down to the bass rate of 2% or 3%.

Looking forward to seeing some more min team's needed to beat the birds/mewtwo. Now that they will be available more don't mind having a go with 3 accounts to see if its beatable with our teams.
    Mew should be quite easily duoable with the right 'mons and ressurection (I beat it in a trio without friend bonuses earlier with over 60s left) which I expect many people will push for smaller groups on that one.

I hope they add some degree of difficulty to getting Mewtwo, eg large group needed or a low catch rate.
    Otherwise the hardcore players in our area will be completely insufferable :)
    They've been sulking ever since they've found out that the casuals will now be able to get their hands on what was, until now, exclusively theirs.

Canard wrote: »
    The birds again may be 'meh' to you but even if its the 3rd time for them, they are still a draw for raids as they are meta relevant, unlike the Regi's.

Well Far'Fetched was released globally for 48 hours, and Kanga was available in certain EU cities (Belfast,London, Paris etc)
    Some of the Gen 2+3 regionals have rotated/migrated since release, but the Gen 1's have stayed putt mostly.
    So Im not sure what Regional releases I missed?

Personally Im in 2 minds about the regionals in eggs. Its a great chance for players to get them,its been a point of contention for many over the last 2 years.
    However I always liked their exclusivity and was resigned to not getting certain ones,but was proud (smug maybe!) of being able to stick Heracross, Corsola or Tauros into a gym in Ireland. Ive been quite popular in my local area over the last few weeks by giving away some of my Tauros herd.

As for Mewtwo, well I already have 2 (having been unable to attend 3 of my EX raid) I was happy with that but can understand the sheer frustration of ppl trying to get a pass and it just not happening for them. Mewtwo is quite meta relevant so Im glad that everyone will get a chance to catch it. (except maybe solo players!)

Saw this on Twitter today.

52D53DB1-14F7-4B51-9184-1D8BFCF5A08D_zps11ffsu5h.png

Tenger wrote: »
    The birds again may be 'meh' to you but even if its the 3rd time for them, they are still a draw for raids as they are meta relevant, unlike the Regi's.

Well Far'Fetched was released globally for 48 hours, and Kanga was available in certain EU cities (Belfast,London, Paris etc)
    Some of the Gen 2+3 regionals have rotated/migrated since release, but the Gen 1's have stayed putt mostly.
    So Im not sure what Regional releases I missed?

They are, but I missed Latias and Rayquaza, so I just wish they'd recycle new things instead of re-recycling others, especially so soon. They are meta-relevant, but I wanted something new and exciting. :p They brought Kyogre, Lugia and Ho-Oh back, so why not Groudon, Rayquaza or Latias?

I'm excited for regionals I don't have, but I would've been just as happy trading for them. I guess we'll have to content ourselves by 'bragging' with shinies in gyms! :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Met a nice player today who was at the Go Fest in Chicago, so I traded for a Torkoal. Just missing Relicanth and Illumise now :D

Got our first family legendary raid done, 4 of us took down articuno with around 60 seconds to spare (2 lvl 40's, and 2 lvl 28's). Reckon we'd do it quicker if we had the teams on the weaker accounts set properly first.

syboit wrote: »
    Got our first family legendary raid done, 4 of us took down articuno with around 60 seconds to spare (2 lvl 40's, and 2 lvl 28's). Reckon we'd do it quicker if we had the teams on the weaker accounts set properly first.

Just went one better, didnt realise this one was weather boosted. Finished with about 25 seconds to spare. Ended up with a shiny weather boosted one for myself :D

Did a zapdos yesterday with a few people 9 of us in total 3 had 2 accounts me being one of them I caught 1 non shiny in total weather is gonna prevent me from getting out as much as I want for this event I badly want to catch a shiny Articuno having missed it on the raid day would love a high cp shiny for Zapdos and Moltres but I got candy enough to shore up my existing ones.

• Advertisement

Got 2 shinies today, a Grimer and a Moltres.

Advertisement