Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Caught a few earlier that all became ditto too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anybody from Limerick or near enough to Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Anybody from Limerick or near enough to Nenagh?

Here is the link to Limerick Messenger

Join my group on Messenger by visiting: https://m.me/join/AbazaAUdUz-IJWze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Very kind of you to offer, thank you. Sadly my oldest Pokémon is from October 2016, so no guaranteed luckies for me. :(

In any case I don't really have anything valuable to trade back, unless you're working on the Pilot medal in which case I have some Alolan shrews and cats that came from Japanese, Korean and American eggs! :p

I wasn't asking for anything back, just happy to help another trainer.

Offer is there regardless.

Jfrost wrote: »
    Here is the link to Limerick Messenger

Join my group on Messenger by visiting: https://m.me/join/AbazaAUdUz-IJWze.

Cheers, joined in there. Hopefully i can get involved

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Cheers, joined in there. Hopefully i can get involved

Don't say I sent you ;)

In case you're a bollix :):D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Tenger wrote: »

Let’s colour Ditto silver, lob his head off and stick a bolt on there instead - we’ll give him a bit of exposed wiring as a tail aswell.

I don’t think that more then five hungover minutes went into the design of ‘Meltan’ aka Deeznuts. Seriously hoping the rest of Pokémon Switch 2019 has a lot more effort put into it! (Yes I know it will be available in Lets Go but it is a gen 8 Pokemon)

Still turning into ditto if you catch one

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Just got my first Best Friend, and another Ultra Friend at the same time.

Lucky egg on, 300,000 XP.... The road to 40 starts to look a lot shorter than it did with XP bonuses like that....

• Advertisement

I'm averaging 2 million xp per month, with no lucky eggs.

Hitting level 40 is not longer the achievement it once was.

Diemos wrote: »
    I'm averaging 2 million xp per month, with no lucky eggs.

Hitting level 40 is not longer the achievement it once was.

You're probably doing plenty of raiding, whereas I'm not. Only level 1 and 2 raids the odd time as I don't think you can solo L3 raids.

That's holding back my XP quite a bit I think from those who are doing raids gaining 10k XP a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

DublinCJM wrote: »
    You're probably doing plenty of raiding, whereas I'm not. Only level 1 and 2 raids the odd time as I don't think you can solo L3 raids.

That's holding back my XP quite a bit I think from those who are doing raids gaining 10k XP a time.

A lot of L3 raids can be solo'd if you have the right counters. I especially concentrated on Machamp, Once I could solo those I was then able to build a decent team, which lead to doing duo's on tyranitar and absol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You can solo level 3 raids (with one or two exception where you'd need a set of 40s Legendary such as Jolteon); I've soloed among others a weather boosted Machamp raid etc. but they require quite a bit more compared to level 2s with targeted level 30+ 'mons etc. esp. once they go 22k etc. Level 4s however can't be soloed due to time; they can be duoed however.

You should try level 3's. It really kept me motivated during the slog from 37 to 40. At the beginning I would struggle to do some, like Machamp, while others were completely out of my reach.

It is disappointing to be defeated by a L3 boss but on the flip side, there is something far more exilarating about beating a boss when you aren't sure you can pull it off. IT's like dodging into an over 18's nightclub as a teenager, as soon as you can walk in, it looses it's appeal.

Harder ones like the hitmon's would have been way out of my league but learning about counters and powering up strong teams, was really fun. Though I was constantly running out of star dust. :D

For Machamp, obv Mewtwo but in the absence of Mewtwo, I used a team of Alakazam, Espeon and Hurricane Dragonite.

Don't say I sent you ;)

In case you're a bollix :):D

But I can still be a bollix, right

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Beldum confirmed for the next community day :D

Only just got over 100 candy for my second Metagross, shiny one will look class the November day is three weeks after this one I'm betting gen 4 drops Thanksgiving weekend after that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only just got over 100 candy for my second Metagross, shiny one will look class the November day is three weeks after this one I'm betting gen 4 drops Thanksgiving weekend after that.

I'm just so happy. It's a fantastic shiny.

Most useful day since Larvitar

Metagross is a great counter again almost everything

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm happy I can finally take my 100% metagross to level 40 as candy was the issue :P

It might be worth while holding off on that evolution til community day.
    I'm at 200 candy myself but I can see me tm'ing all of my guys to psychic.

I'll keep one shiny meteor mash though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

The community day notice says to evolve in the 1 hour after the event.
    Does that mean that evolving during the event won't get the special moveset?
    Presumably this is to give trainers a chance to review what they've caught?

My first Stalker??

G2wXSC1.jpg

D4Voemi.jpg

yzKpd0w.jpg

A bit weird, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Very weird. I'd have put in a Tediursa instead of Ponyta.

My first Stalker??
    No clearly your 3122nd stalker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Looks like someone's alt account, possibly set up that day. I'd say its someone you know having a laugh

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Looks like someone's alt account, possibly set up that day. I'd say its someone you know having a laugh

Level 8? Definitely day 1-2.
    I started a trade account and was on level 12 by end of day 1.

I just solo'ed a Scyther, you could easily do that level 3.
    Rock, air and fire pokemon.
    Good rewards too.

• Advertisement

Diemos wrote: »
    I just solo'ed a Scyther, you could easily do that level 3.
    Rock, air and fire pokemon.
    Good rewards too.

Yeah, I must try a few. By only doing 1s and 2s I miss out on TMs and only get the odd rare candy and couple of golden rassers out of the raids.

I'm L39 and have plenty of decent 'mon I could power right up.

Just have to do the research about what's best to use to counter the L3s.

Advertisement