Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Yeah, I must try a few. By only doing 1s and 2s I miss out on TMs and only get the odd rare candy and couple of golden rassers out of the raids.

I'm L39 and have plenty of decent 'mon I could power right up.

Just have to do the research about what's best to use to counter the L3s.
    Then you will have absolutely no problem with a Scyther.
    I just used a team of Smackdown, stone edge TTars (maxed out admittedly) and took him down with almost 100s left on the clock.
    Got 6 rare candy and 2 charge tm's (that is an unusally good return for a level 3 riad in fairness).

The current raid boss for L3 solo:

Scyther (use rock, air, fire) - Easy
    Machamp (use Psychic and Air) - Moderate
    HitmonLee (use Psychic and Air) - Hard
    HitmonChan (use Psychic and Air) - Hard
    Alakazam (use Ghost and Dark) - Hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Jfrost wrote: »
    My first Stalker

A bit weird, no?

I had that about 18 months ago but it was some di*khead spoofer that took offense to getting booted from a local messenger group (he was dumb enough to post a screenshot with a GPS joystick on it!).
    Reported it to Niantic and they actually did something about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Diemos wrote: »
    I just used a team of Smackdown, stone edge TTars (maxed out admittedly) and took him down with almost 100s left on the clock.
    Got 6 rare candy and 2 charge tm's (that is an unusally good return for a level 3 riad in fairness).

Thanks for that. At the risk of sounding thick, what's Air - is that Flying?

So for Machamp, would a team of Espeon work? Or should I throw in Alakazam, Gardevoir etc depending on what movesets each have? Presumably Psychic Mon with fast and charge Psychic moves would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Just have to do the research about what's best to use to counter the L3s.

Pokebattler is your friend.
    https://www.pokebattler.com/raids

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Alakazam is on a whole different level in that list imo; I'd put him at very hard by comparison. I can take down the first four without losing more than 1 maybe 2 'mons. Kazam took down 4 with the fifth in red.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. At the risk of sounding thick, what's Air - is that Flying?

So for Machamp, would a team of Espeon work? Or should I throw in Alakazam, Gardevoir etc depending on what movesets each have? Presumably Psychic Mon with fast and charge Psychic moves would be better?

Yes. By air I mean flying.

A team of Espeon (with future sight) would work but I doubt you would have a full team of Espeon at a high enough level, most trainers will need to mix their team with other mon. (I certainly did)

To save on stardust, look for Eevee's and Abra that are level 30+. That way you can get high CP attackers for no stardust or candy investment. If they have low iv, that does not matter because you are not going to power them up. If they have high IV you can power them up if you wish.

For Machamp: Alakazam (asssuming no Mew2) with futuresight is best.
    Then Espeon (again futuresight)
    Then Moltres (with sky attack)
    Then Dragonite (with hurricane)
    **Then Gardevoir (with pyschic fast attack and dazzling gleam) -- if machamp has steel moves then it will get destroyed

Yes, a psychic mon with psychic moves are best because of STAB.
    This is the reason why Dragonite with Hurricane is great as Dragonite is part flying so Hurricane does massive damage but the dragonite needs to be lvl 30+. (Same for Rayquasa)

The thing to remember is that you are fighting the clock not Machamp (took me a while to figure this out) So while some pokemon (Lugia and Executor) may seem suited to the battle and can last ages against Machamp (they just don't deal damage fast enough) and ALakazam and Espeon are glass canons (they hit hard but die easily) but it's all about damage not survivability. So you may need 2 parties set up before going into the lobby, so that if your first 6 die, your next 6 are lined up ready to go and save you precious time.

Hope that helps. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What app is recommended for iPhone to check IV levels etc.? I installed Poke Genie on the misses phone but the fact you need to manually screenshot the images and paste them in to the app is cumbersume compared to Android.

Yes. By air I mean flying.

<snip>

Hope that helps. :D

Thanks a million.

just looked. I've 6 Espeons around the 2,400 - 2,500 CP, none of which have Future sight.
    I've 6 Alakazams, only 2 of which have Future Sight, and they're only at Level 20 :D

Bit of work to do for me to build a decent team!!

I have 1 charged TM I picked up somewhere along the way :D

When will the EX raids with Deoxys start?

josip wrote: »
    When will the EX raids with Deoxys start?

Just got an Ex pass for 13.00 Tuesday! FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

AMGer wrote: »
    Just got an Ex pass for 13.00 Tuesday! FFS

I'd really hoped they'd done away with midweek Ex raids. Either that or drop them altogether. I have no interest in raiding at Ex gyms if I can't even go.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

AMGer wrote: »
    I had that about 18 months ago but it was from di*khead spoofer that took offense to getting booted from a local messenger group (he was dumb enough to post a screenshot with a GPS joystick on it!).
    Reported it to Niantic and they actually did something about it!
    Wasvgoing to ignore, but as I thought about it someone may be setting me up for a fall and reporting that I had 2 accounts.... So I've reported it, and hope that's the end of it, meanwhile I do suspect someone and will follow it up.

PS. Kells got Ex-raid passes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn nothing for me

Jfrost wrote: »
    Wasvgoing to ignore, but as I thought about it someone may be setting me up for a fall and reporting that I had 2 accounts.... So I've reported it, and hope that's the end of it, meanwhile I do suspect someone and will follow it up.

When it happened with me I got a fairly blasé response from Niantic, which I had to reply to saying that it wasn’t ok and that I felt I was being directly targeted (which I was). They came back in my favor after that, so just be prepared to push it with them if you fell it’s someone genuinely going for you and not just a friend pissing about

Nody wrote: »
    Alakazam is on a whole different level in that list imo; I'd put him at very hard by comparison. I can take down the first four without losing more than 1 maybe 2 'mons. Kazam took down 4 with the fifth in red.
    I judge them based on time on the clock not damage to my team.
    Yes, Alakazam hits hard, very hard.

Alolan eggs and boxes question.

Junior still need Kanga and Tauros to complete Kanto.
    The plan is to walk a bit for the next 3 days and keep the fingers crossed.
    A few more incubators would help.
    Unfortunately he can only afford a basic box now with regular incubators.
    It will be after the 30th of Sep before he afford the great box with the super incubators
    1. For how much longer will the boxes be available?
    2. For how much longer will regionals be in the gift eggs? I've heard end of Sep?
    3. If I get a egg while the regionals are still around, but hatch it afterwards, could it still contain a regional?
    4. Can a gift egg ever fill the 9th egg position? It seems to me that gifts stop dropping eggs once I've got 8 eggs in the bag.
    Tx for all answers

I found Alakazam with Shadow ball hardest to solo, although I haven’t found one with future sight to solo yet. A team of Bite/Crunch Ttars definitely isn’t enough against him. I’ve found starting with Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball and Shadow Ball Mewtwo (plus dodging) is a must for Shadow Ball Alakazam. Focus Blast Alakazam is a little easier but obviously avoid using Ttars.

Buying more coins this morning to go for the ultra box I figure I'll be able to do 8k walk today tomorrow and Sunday so all 9 eggs each day should get hatched based on the possibility of some 10k getting dropped from spins all I'm waiting on is a kangaroo as I have one from a trade it doesn't matter but would be good to hatch one too. I find if I buy the coins for these boxes the 2 and 5k hatches are brutal. October community day is 1/4 hatch so this is my last coin splurge until then

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

josip wrote: »
    Alolan eggs and boxes question.

Junior still need Kanga and Tauros to complete Kanto.
    The plan is to walk a bit for the next 3 days and keep the fingers crossed.
    A few more incubators would help.
    Unfortunately he can only afford a basic box now with regular incubators.
    It will be after the 30th of Sep before he afford the great box with the super incubators
    1. For how much longer will the boxes be available?
    2. For how much longer will regionals be in the gift eggs? I've heard end of Sep?
    3. If I get a egg while the regionals are still around, but hatch it afterwards, could it still contain a regional?
    4. Can a gift egg ever fill the 9th egg position? It seems to me that gifts stop dropping eggs once I've got 8 eggs in the bag.
    Tx for all answers

1. Not sure
    2. Supposed to be this Sunday @9. Although i wouldn't be surprised if they extended it , they are hardly going to go back to old Alohan hatches only ? , people will be doing their best to avoid 7km eggs if that was the case.
    3.Yes
    4. I have not had the issue you are encountering , i have filled the last slot a number of times.

*Do you not have multiples yourself you could trade him ! , I guess there is also a chance that you might pick more up yourself in next 2.5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

Today I caught legendary pokemon entei.

• Advertisement

Green Krabby out on October 1st not the shiny I'd hoped for give me blue Ponyta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Now that the Johto event is almost at an end what kind of spawns do folk think we will be seeing? Any chance of more of the type that are hard to come by (Bagon, Larvitar, etc) or will it be the eternal Aron fest again?

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Now that the Johto event is almost at an end what kind of spawns do folk think we will be seeing? Any chance of more of the type that are hard to come by (Bagon, Larvitar, etc) or will it be the eternal Aron fest again?

Back to normal for a few weeks, but not too long. Expect a Halloween event, and gen 4 not too far off either

Shiny Krabby so back to vermin I've been bed bound last two days am out now as I've some 7k left to try and hatch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Looks like theres an extra few days to hatch those regionals.

Tweet

Meowth sandshrew and meowth hatched again back to bed I go. Tomorrow is another day heartbroken I didn't get a shiny growlie though absolutely heartbroken :(

Meowth sandshrew and meowth hatched again back to bed I go. Tomorrow is another day heartbroken I didn't get a shiny growlie though absolutely heartbroken :(

At least Growlithe nests. Say goodbye to a chance at shiny Grimer forever if you didn’t get one this event

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I wanted shiny Growlithe and Houndour so bad :( There's a Poochyena nest near me, might go farm a bit and try my luck sometime this week... also their extension of the regionals event is irrelevant to me, after hatching nothing but Meowths, Geodudes and a Mr. Mime I am not wasting my incubators anymore. :mad:

Wife and son had an egg weekend and managed to get a pair of Kangas, a Tauros and a pir of Vulpix.
    One more Tauros over the next week and their Dexes are sorted.
    They were lucky that they had a good few incubators saved up.

• Advertisement

I'd say I've hatched 50 eggs since the regionals went in, and I've got 4 Kangas, that's it.

Advertisement