Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Glad someone's happy :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Managed to get 20 shiny Bagon, as well as a surprise shiny Drifloon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Angron wrote: »
    Managed to get 20 shiny Bagon, as well as a surprise shiny Drifloon :D

had a slack day myself , 7 on own account , and 8 on sons. Although i did do 3 raids during the 3 hours myself ,was a bit torn between shiny checking and trying to catch high IV ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Was pushing a buggy while trying to play so only caught 3 shiny, but managed to get a 100% Lucky Bagon in a trade after.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Spent over half the time on benches in Botanic gardens on Saturday got 4 shinies across 2 accounts caught 100 on one account 56 on the other so poor results overall really wanted to get into Stephens Green for raids and trading not as many as usual in Glasnevin Botanic gardens the raids were very sparingly, didn't so a single one with anyone else just a couple by myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Went up to Dublin yesterday to try out a few Latios raids to try and get a shiny, and I ended up with 4, 3 on the main account and 1 on the second. Not too shabby at all :D

4 Latios or 4 shiny Latios ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

^ Shiny (I bumped into Angron :D - no shinies for me though).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I feel like I’ve caught a 1,000 Bunearys at this stage, but no shiny yet.

Yeah, I feel like I'm on about the same. Shiny Shuckle is out this weekend for the Safari event in Singapore, so that's one I'd much rather have over Buneary really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Honestly I've given up chasing shinies in general at this stage; there are simply to many and most of them are to ugly for me to care I get one beyond randomly catching one basically.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel like I'm on about the same. Shiny Shuckle is out this weekend for the Safari event in Singapore, so that's one I'd much rather have over Buneary really.

Shiny lapras at the Safari zone would be epic if that was released too

I've got one shiny bunny, crap IV's though.
    But I didn't get any Spoinks, Rattatas or Taillows (among others) in previous events, so at least a bad shiny is better than none.

Six blue devils on my main account all fled 4/6 on my second account so managed to gift myself one. Gonna try for Giratina tomorrow in town. I want shiny bunny and sheep too, gonna be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Did 13 Latios raids today and not one shiny ffs :( Had a 100% and got 14 balls, but I guess my nerves got the better of me and it fled. :rolleyes: Was praying that that one would be shiny if only for the catch rate... ah well. I have 5 passes left because I caved and bought the box, so maybe I can try a few more tomorrow.

I did get my shiny Shuckle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm approaching Best Friends with Dexhain - can you pm me so we can co-ordinate lucky eggs? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’ve been grinding trying to catch a Ditto for a few weeks now. As a result an stuck on some of the research tasks.

Anyone got any tips for Ditto in Dublin?

dudara wrote: »
    I’ve been grinding trying to catch a Ditto for a few weeks now. As a result an stuck on some of the research tasks.

Rattata, Rattata and yet more Rattata.
    I was looking for almost 3 months.
    In the end I got it with a Gulpin
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nothing else for it but to catch all these - https://leekduck.com/FindDitto

Vaguely remember it being a 1/400 chance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Also keep an eye on the research tasks (updates regularly without announcement) as it sometimes shows up as a reward. Having said that I think ditto's go away during events in general (at least that's been my experience as I tend to catch one regularly using auto catching when there are no events but during events I get zero) so with the eggxtravaganza event over your luck may change.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

As above. Ditto is painful to catch. It finds you rather than you finding it.

A Go+ is a great help if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

josip wrote: »
    Rattata, Rattata and yet more Rattata.
    I was looking for almost 3 months.
    In the end I got it with a Gulpin
    :rolleyes:

Can Rattata still be a ditto? I thought once a Pokemon could be a shiny then it lost it's ability to be a Ditto.

Just got a random Ditto now that the event is over so your chances should be better now as expected :)

That ditto task is harsh I'm hearing diglet event should start early next week

I once caught a Ditto, then hit the "catch a Ditto" step about 10 minutes later. Sickened at that one.

Got my first "Origin form" Giratina yesterday, and then caught a shiny Pidgey! Didn't notice it was shiny at first and it broke out of the Pokéball, thankfully it didn't flee as that would have been sickening.

Sorry for the slightly off topic, but if you're following this thread AMGer, I've PMed you about egging on a friendship level up. Tx.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Just nabbed a shiny Diglett :D

• Advertisement

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Just nabbed a shiny Diglett :D
    Picked up on two different accounts and a shiny Cubone (which I did not even knew had a shiny version which of course had to be green as always).

Advertisement