Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Finally
    pJG7Lvr.jpg
    UvfeH3z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Jfrost wrote: »
    Finally

Did you power him up or get him weather boosted (not sure if thats even possible) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Got my Mew also this evening , a disappointing 80%IV , not even sure if he is that useful /worth powering up with the 20 candides i got.

Ampharos special move announced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCFbNnteNlg

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

syboit wrote: »
    Did you power him up or get him weather boosted (not sure if thats even possible) ?

You get 20 candies so threw them into the mix too.... From memory, original IV was 1309

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I feel like Mew will just be a showcase Pokemon. The number of moves it gets will be a pain in the butt to try and change with a TM.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had a good day in Dublin. Down to 1 million away from level 40, got a few Latias, and got Mew to boot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Shiny sprites for all gen 1 added to the game apparently

AMGer wrote: »
    Shiny sprites for all gen 1 added to the game apparently

Yeah, some rumour about the 10th of April, Kanto event. Shiny checking it going to becoming tiring :D "Shiny ?" ... 'no'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Posts here next week which is the most boring shiny, magnamite brown gets my vote

• Advertisement

50,000 from level 32 been a slog getting out at all for this I've 600 in my storage will have to dump loads if that shiny thing is true i would dump all of them for 600 blue ponyta, but the thoughts of shiny eevee and what they could evolve into, please let this be real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

syboit wrote: »
    Yeah, some rumour about the 10th of April, Kanto event. Shiny checking it going to becoming tiring :D "Shiny ?" ... 'no'

It's not a rumour, it's official. The info's in the latest Pokemon GO newsletter ;)

Pokemon%20GO%20-%20Newsletter%2007-04-18_zps29vgzrfd.png

Posts here next week which is the most boring shiny, magnamite brown gets my vote
    Dunno about most boring, but the Machamp line's green colour is one of the worst imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

The "break out and shift to the right" bug is really bugging me - yesterday I had a 100% Latias run after 13 balls - the last 3 weren't excellent throws as the mon had moved too far to the right >: (

Today was better though - caught and pinapped an 87% Mewtwo - we 3.5 manned it (last person was just using dragonites) and had over a minute left on the clock. Good thing we all got 14 balls as I only pinapped him on the 8th ball - any more attempts and I probably would have moved onto golden razz instead. So after yesterday's disappointment today was pretty good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Shiny Lapras hype!

My favourite gen 1 shiny is Charizard, though there's a few good ones. Nidoking, Electrode, and Ponyta would be some of my most liked.

Finally got me a Moltres have now seen all 150 bar mew kanto only have 148 of them still need Articuno, Zapdos, Mew. Hope the two birds are 7 day research week 2 and 3

I'm hopeful the Kanto event brings us Tauros, it's the only Kanto pokemon I'm missing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Finally got me a Moltres have now seen all 151 kanto only have 148 of them still need Articuno, Zapdos, Mew. Hope the two birds are 7 day research week 2 and 3

How did you see Mew without catching it?

Damn late night posting haven't seen Mew only Mewtwo. Edited post.

• Advertisement

Damn late night posting haven't seen Mew only Mewtwo. Edited post.

Are you in the same unlucky group as me and had your first Mewtwo run?

We've triggered our 3rd Ex Raid in Celbridge on Sunday, so hoping to catch my second one then.

Got my only Mewtwo a few weeks back won't be going for another as the ex raids aren't for me. Need to do two raids today for stage 4 of Mew quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭josip

Caught a Rattata this morning.
    Oh?,
    No I didn't :)
    Very relieved to have this part over, everything else we have some control over.

Is there any way to check a Raid Boss move set before choosing the team?
    My son now has a 2nd Gardevoir which I think will improve his team to take on C/DP Machamps.
    But we'd remove them from the team in advance if it was a BP/HS boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

josip wrote: »
    Caught a Rattata this morning.
    Oh?,
    No I didn't :)
    Very relieved to have this part over, everything else we have some control over.

Is there any way to check a Raid Boss move set before choosing the team?
    My son now has a 2nd Gardevoir which I think will improve his team to take on C/DP Machamps.
    But we'd remove them from the team in advance if it was a BP/HS boss.

The recommended team will give you a hint e.g. there'll be no dragon types in it if the Lati has Outrage. Dunno the story with machamp. Otherwise one of you could raid it alone long enough for it to use a charged move.

Any good magikarp spawns in Dublin city centre? My wife is up next weekend (including for community day) and is 100 candies short

Kanto Week in summary:

Kanto Pokemon such as Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle will appear more

Aerodactyl and Snorlax as raid bosses

Double candy on catch and transferring to the professor (no hatch?)

Gift boxes with premium raid passes

Any good magikarp spawns in Dublin city centre? My wife is up next weekend (including for community day) and is 100 candies short

I can't say for the city centre, but most places along the coast will have some magikarp. I don't know of any nests though.
    I'd guess that beside the Liffey there should be plenty.
    She could ask some of the 'locals' who frequent the boardwalk :)

Around the IFSC had a fair few Karp while I was down in Dublin the other day.

Still don't have Machamp and at level 31/32 im not ok for solo raids I've 22 candy so need to find machop by the bucket load.

Still don't have Machamp and at level 31/32 im not ok for solo raids I've 22 candy so need to find machop by the bucket load.

I can solo Machamp, but I seem to have weird luck with them, cause the first go regularly seems to go a bit wrong somehow, like losing a big chunk of time, or having the Machamp get health back mid battle for no reason.

• Advertisement

You might be ok.
    Jos Junior first soloed Machamp the day he reached Lvl 32, with 4 weather boosted Alakazams an Espeon and a Gardevoir.
    It did help that we were able to evolve almost 1 Alakazam a day during a windy spell a few months ago.
    Try to have all the zams with Confusion/Future Sight for STAB bonus.
    In our ignorance at the time, we had most of them with Shadow Ball because it had slightly higher DPS.
    Obviously it'll have to be windy the first time you solo.

Looking back at our Raid Record, I see that Machamp had Close Combat.
    4 seconds left on the clock when it disappeared.
    Yellow at 107, red at 74, all first team gone at 49-40
    This was the team:

Alakazam (1977, 2444, 2526, 2100), Gardevoir (2348), Espeon (2025)

Since then, we've beefed up a couple of the zams so that they can survive 2 CMs from Machamp and we can solo him without weather boost.

Advertisement