Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

First Diglett I checked was shiny, never had luck like that before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

What’s the best place for friend requests? I have a task to make 3 new friends and I’ve already maxed out friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Just nabbed a shiny Diglett :D

I caught one and didn’t realise until I was transferring them to the Professor.

I also got a ground/steel Diglett variant. I noticed it because the little mound of earth was a different colour. It’s the Alolan variant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

dudara wrote: »
    I also got a ground/steel Diglett variant. I noticed it because the little mound of earth was a different colour. It’s the Alolan variant.
    You can also see the difference in the fact Aiolan versions have a bit of yellow hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Got notified that I'm eligible for tickets to go fest chicago... trying to decide if it's worth the trip or not... anyone else ever been to one of these?

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    You can also see the difference in the fact Aiolan versions have a bit of yellow hair.

The evolved version has crazy hair. I just don't want to evolve my Alolan until I have 2 of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Got notified that I'm eligible for tickets to go fest chicago... trying to decide if it's worth the trip or not... anyone else ever been to one of these?

While I haven't been to a Fest, I was at the Safari in Dortmund last year, and while I enjoyed my weekend, I came away with the thoughts that a day was enough.... Which is what Fest, is about, so the important thing is, is there anything else you love to do in Chicago to make worthwhile, Pokemon isn't everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Just got shiny Sandshrew as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Waited til the changeover to collect my 7th stamp hoping for a shiny Latias. Got a non shiny Latias, 100% IV though... a tradeoff I’ll accept :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Canard wrote: »
    Waited til the changeover to collect my 7th stamp hoping for a shiny Latias. Got a non shiny Latias, 100% IV though... a tradeoff I’ll accept :)
    I did the same, and all I got was another naff Lugia :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Thirdfox wrote: »

Chicago is a great city. Great food, great choice of museums. Its expensive though.

PoGo wise GoFest seems to be worth it. Several hours of rare spawns combined with exclusive tasks and regional spawns.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got two shiny Diglett, and a shiny Groudon today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hatched a shiny smoochum no shiny caught unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Hatched a shiny smoochum no shiny caught unfortunately. :(
    I have a spare Diglett... Swap??
    Haha

Hahaha no way josefrost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Off topic, but taken from The BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW Thread in Cool Vids & Pics & Links
    BzSFQy9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

remoteboy wrote: »
    What’s the best place for friend requests? I have a task to make 3 new friends and I’ve already maxed out friends and family.

post your code up here or in the Po Go friend code thread in this forum.

I’ve been grinding trying to catch a Ditto for a few weeks now. As a result an stuck on some of the research tasks.

Anyone got any tips for Ditto in Dublin?

Finally caught a Ditto this morning, from a Gulpin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Funkyjaw

Caught a wild Charizard this morning. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Finally caught a Ditto this morning, from a Gulpin.
    And the day after they release a field research quest to get one :P

• Advertisement

Well, I was able to clear two outstanding research tasks by catching Ditto, so I’ll take that for the win.

Also getting a kick from the little detective Pikachus.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,204 ✭✭✭✭phog

I tagged my 1,000th gym over the weekend and since then tagged 3 new ones, I lose my oldest 3 gyms from my gym badges but I also noticed that the count in the gym map is capped at 1,000 :(

As an aside is Bennycalcio on this forum? We're two days away from Best Friends and I'd like to co-ordinate opening gifts.

BTW, I'm Kestrel49

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Well done on the 100 gyms. I knew about the cap a few months ago. Saw a youtuber who similarly lost their first few gyms.

Im at 733 gyms myself. Quite proud of my number. But a few of my first ones are in Dublin so I shouldnt lose too many until I get to 1050. May take me a while though!!

Also caught my 2nd of the Lake Trio today. (Just back from a break in Canada) So I'm up to 468/468 in the pokedex!
    Got to 465/465 on the day that the Trio were announced, so technically finished my dex, even if only for a few hours!
    Need to find someone from Asia to trade me an Uxie!

Expectation is that Jirachi will be Special research at GoFest Chicago. Promo image also show Hippodotas, so also expect that from mid June.
    And those new lures indicate Magnezone, Glaceon and Leafeon are coming soon.

That should bring the current max dex up to 475. (476 if you count the mistakenly released Shellos)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Tenger wrote: »
    Well done on the 100 gyms. I knew about the cap a few months ago. Saw a youtuber who similarly lost their first few gyms.

Im at 733 gyms myself. Quite proud of my number. But a few of my first ones are in Dublin so I shouldnt lose too many until I get to 1050. May take me a while though!!

Also caught my 2nd of the Lake Trio today. (Just back from a break in Canada) So I'm up to 468/468 in the pokedex!
    Got to 465/465 on the day that the Trio were announced, so technically finished my dex, even if only for a few hours!

Exception is that Jirachi will be Special research at GoFest Chicago. Promo image also show Hippodotas, so also expect that from mid June.

That should bring the current max dex up to 475. (476 if you count the mistakenly released Shellos)

I've only caught 452, didn't realise I was missing so many!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,204 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tenger wrote: »

I knew about the cap in badges but I had thought the count of gyms would continue to roll on.

My oldest gold gym is in Limerick (my home town) but I haven't interacted with it since I got it gold, it's 19 from the bottom so I'm going to let drop off my list then interact with it again to see will I keep it gold

Exception is that Jirachi will be Special research at GoFest Chicago. Promo image also show Hippodotas, so also expect that from mid June.

My dex is less impressive 461/466, I'm badly stuck for regionals - be great if you could remotely trade with Best Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I cannot for the life of me throw an excellent curveball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Miaireland wrote: »

You'll love the "throw three excellent curveballs in a row" research task then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭josip

Miaireland wrote: »

Just throw great ones.
    You'll mistime some of them and they'll end up excellent.
    Also, don't bother trying on most of the mons.
    Mr. Mimes, Slowpokes and Psyducks are easier than some.

Just got a shiny Aipom :D

• Advertisement

Just got a 38cp flareon right after dumping the task.

Advertisement