Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I just got a Lugia too right now the research ones are usually crap it's just how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Toots wrote: »
    What's the deal with the weekly research reward - is it the same pokemon for a specific day, like on one given day is everyone going to get Ho-Oh? Me, my SIL and my son all got Lugia just now and I've already got 6 of them. And it's a crap Lugia too :(

Just sounds like bad luck to me! Almost sure it’s random, I always unlock mine on a Wednesday and have had different ones, but I got a crap Lugia yesterday too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭josip

Got a Ho-Oh yesterday.
    I think the research tasks are just Dex fillers to give everyone a chance of completing.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I would have preferred any of the other 3. I suppose a shiny lugia would have been nice, but I hope this doesn’t end up like the legendary dogs one again!

Do ye reckon there will be many out doing Cresselia raids in Dublin City Centre this weekend? I was planning on bringing the little dude in.

Just got a latias on my second account so not day related for who you get

• Advertisement

Had a great time farming weather boosted Snorlax :) I was in Barcelona when the event began and thought it was somehow set up for them to have low CP because of how they all were without the weather boost... caught a 100% IV one but with like 400 CP :rolleyes:

Also got a 96% IV shiny Cresselia! Hoping my luck is turning around and I can also (finally) nab shiny Kyogre/Groudon, I won't rest until I do :pac:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Whatever about shiny, I'd be happy with just a regular Kyogre and Groudon!

Heading in to Stephen's Green with the kids for the raid hour tonight, so hoping something good comes of that. We were in there on Saturday and myself and my son did a Cresselia raid - we beat the raid and I caught the Cresselia, but it broke out of 11 balls on him and then ran. I was expecting tears, but I felt so bad for him because it was the first one he'd ever done without help (I've always caught them for him before now) Hopefully he'll get his Cresselia tonight. We also set up an account for his 1 year old sister, at his insistence :pac: She's only level 8, so probably not going to be a huge help in the raids!

Well worth the trip into town, the little dude got 3 Cresselia and my daughter got 2 (with a little help from Mammy) she also leveled up from level 8 to 15 in about 30 minutes :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Good day, got a shiny Anorith in the wild, and a shiny Onix from a raid :D

Got a shiny Onix after like 6/7 quests, and of coooourse all the normal ones were 450+ cp and this one was like 430! But I evolved him anyways, it’s cool to have :) still praying for an Aerodactyl... always wanted his shiny. Last year I did get Kabuto and Omanyte but I don’t feel as confident with Lileep or anorith with how little time I’ve had to play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gonna head up to Dublin for the community day today, hopefully it'll be a decent day for it.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Myself and the young lad going to wander around limerick city. There's usually a small enough but decent crew wandering around.
    Hoping to clear some of my special research as well.
    Need one more for each current task:
    Evolve magikarp (another 100 or so candies, will work that over the next few days with the 4x bonus)
    Find 3 more exeggcutes (just hoping!)
    Use a special item to evolve (have loads of those), could get a murkrow or the rhyno thing with a sinnoh stone

I have a Scyther ready to evolve as well but I'm saving that for the next task after the exeggcutes

Enjoy slakoth!

Good start to the day, got a shiny Psyduck at Merrion square :D

Stacked up 3 more Onix quests and got another shiny :) Of course it had significantly lower CP than the two non-shinies! Such a conspiracy.

Slakoth day was decidedly shíte. Weather broke as soon as it began (it would've been boosted here :( ) and next to no spawns in all of Cambridge, wtf? I've never seen it so bad, and it wasn't even like there were anorith/lileep... it was just natu and the usual trash everywhere. Disappointed. Got a few shinies, the first two were back to back at 15:02, should've stopped then :pac: I also hatched two normal ones from 10ks, thank god the distance was short :rolleyes:

Yeah, that was a shockingly bad community day, the spawn rates were rubbish. Grafton is usually one of the densest spawn areas on community days, but on this one I'd walk up it and see maybe one or two Slakoth.

Bit of a mess in limerick too. Started off good, we got a few shiny slakoth, but my eggs weren't racking up steps, so lost out on that, so didn't get much of an opportunity to get the reduced egg rate.
    Then about half four it seemed like no more slakoth were appearing.
    Walked up the road cos there was a magikarp and murkrow nearby that I need onlu for the app to bug out when I caught magi and got nothing.

Time to step away for today methinks!

Emailed Niantic about it, and the reply said they were working on fixing the weather, completely ignoring the point about the lack of Slakoth spawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Myself and the wife in Dublin today, up Grafton Street into Stephens green. Got a cresselia from a raid, I'd say there was 40 people there with about 80 phones total so got that too.
    All in all, got about 120 slakoth, not as good as torchic or bagon day but still enough to get the evolution for normal and shinies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Angron wrote: »
    Emailed Niantic about it, and the reply said they were working on fixing the weather, completely ignoring the point about the lack of Slakoth spawns.
    It's actually tied together; for some reason Community Day spawns are overwritten by weather spawns if they are different to the CM day spawn (changed a few months back). In regards to the 4x hatching it only worked on NEW eggs you put in a hatcher (which is a bit BS) not on existing once going in. Hence my main account was stuck for most of it on a 7km egg while my wife's account went through 2km eggs every 500m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Can I just derail this thread a small bit please to ask a question? I'm doing a playroom clear out at home and there are some pokemon nintendo ds games. Does anybody use these anymore? Thanks for advice

• Advertisement

Yes stick them up for sale on adverts they'll go quick

Disappointed with community day silly mistake caused me to miss two ultra and one best friend sync the best friend came through while there was a server crash for me so no lucky egg seems to have been extreme amount of issues Europe wide.

I hatched a shiny dratini so not all bad am done playing on one account as I couldn't even get in on it, might see what the go fest stuff is like for next week, rumours are Jirachi at Chicago so hopefully we in the wild get something good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Perrin33

Pretty good community day for me. Both my little one and I each evolved a shiny wonder slakoth to slaking from scratch. Some server issues and poor spawn rates around town but a park near me was full of slakoths.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/globalchallenge2019/

Shiny beasts are coming as part of the Go Fest rewards :D

Oooohhhh shiny Entei I am going to get you.

ahhhh, ive been waiting for them for ages :) i dont think ill be able to do suicune day, but im hoping a friend might be able to use a spare phone for me. raikou should be fine, i just hope its on a sunday! hes my favourite shiny out of the three, cant miss it >.<

got my third shiny onix today, i just love collecting the quests cos i know its more likely :P still 0 lileep, anorith, geodude or aero though, a far cry from last year when i got kabuto and omanyte on the same day :(

Young lad and I got a Gengar from a raid this evening.
    Joined a group for a Cresselia raid, he got a shiny one, mine ****ed off!
    Two 5 star raids, neither caught :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Young lad and I got a Gengar from a raid this evening.
    Joined a group for a Cresselia raid, he got a shiny one, mine ****ed off!
    Two 5 star raids, neither caught :(
    Cresselia is a bit of a pain to catch in general; I went through over 30 curved golden razz great throws on one account before I caught one. On my alt accounts I got them with normal razz on the second throw so it's a bit hit and miss on the roll :(

• Advertisement

On the positive side, I finished my Mew tasks this morning on the way to work :)

Im on the last Celebi task (need 5 more Johto pokemon) and 7 of 9 on Meltan. Catch cubone is all ive left on that, juat a few weeks too late!

Advertisement