Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had a decent time with Kyogre, got 2 shinies, and a non-shiny 100% :D Hatched my third Gible to boot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nody wrote: »
    Kyogre shiny appears to have decided to be my white wale. I'm at 40 raids, 36 caught no shiny. Misses account got a shiny on her first raid; then a second shiny on her 8th. First alt account got a shiny on the third raid. As things are going I'm sure I'll end up this time without a shiny while my second alt account will get one as well...
    The curse continues... My second alt account picked up a shiny; my third alt account with a shiny picked up a second shiny. Me? I still got zero shinies having done more raids than the other three accounts (with 5 shinies between them) combined :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My signal messed up during the raid hour so I had a stressful time :( No shinies. So annoyed, I thought the raid hours would be the best time for it. Looks like I won't get the purple whale, again... but groudon I'll definitely work more consistently on.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

No shinies for me or the kids, but I managed to get 3 regular and each of the kids got 2, so at least we got them added to the dex :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Ten year old and I did a few raids with groups yesterday evening. I caught nothing, he caught a regular Kyogre with one of the last shots on our last raid. He was so happy.
    Last week I got three, including one shiny and he got nothing.

Hopefully our luck picks up for Raikou at the weekend :)

• Advertisement

Had a total turnaround today! Found one random raid, got a shiny from it (88.9%), and right after I caught it I clicked a Bronzor and it was shiny too! Then a guy who’d been in the raid and I were best friends so we traded my shiny Articuno for his shiny Lugia, the IVs didn’t go too low :) chuffed :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gonna be hitting those Raikou raids hard on Saturday :D

Ooh, saw a tweet from the official Germany PoGo twitter page, hinting that male Nidoran will be the Go Fest shiny. Ecstatic at that, shiny Nidoking is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Great haul - 1st raid - wifey and I both get wonder shinies - 93 + 96%ers.

Mine has been renamed Queerkou to commemorate the day that's in it :D

Young lad got a shiny and a regular. I got 3 half decent ones to stay in, but a 100% (I believe) one escaped on me.

• Advertisement

100% is 1972 - hope yours was below that!

Thirdfox wrote: »
    100% is 1972 - hope yours was below that!

Nope, that was it. I think I must have gotten too excited at the 100 and messed up :/
    Silly me :D

I couldn’t take part in the raids so a friend tried for me, he did 11 or 12 but I got no shiny, so sad because Raikou’s shiny is my favourite of the dogs :’( hopefully I can trade for one and it won’t get crap IVs!

Did over 40, got nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Angron wrote: »
    Only got a chance to do 3 due to prior engagements to meet up with a friend and no shinies; then did a Groudon raid and the misses picked up her THIRD shiny (she's 3 out of 6 shiny so far...).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very few in botanic gardens and glasnevin at 4 did a few raids with nice family we got obliterated 3 times I left went to town and did two raids at hags with bags and ha'penny bridge one shiny on one account one normal on two accounts so 1/6 shiny my first for quite a while from these 3 hour windows.

I'll trade it for a shiny entei when that comes around if anyone needs it

Birthday hat Pikachu can flee :(

Angron wrote: »

Ouchies - are you ok for the shiny? Do you have someone who'll trade you one?

Off to Germany today for Go Fest, good start to th day after hatching my first shiny Wynaut, as well as picking up a shiny Alolan Exeggutor.

Armour Mewtwo WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Advertisement

Armour Mewtwo WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, looks really cool! Wonder will they chamge the stats around, and what moves it'll have. Looking forward to doing a few of the raids for it anyways.

I think the timing means we should still get another Groudon raid hour. Really frustrated to still not have the shiny, my phone always bugs when there are that many people around, so annoying. And I find that in Dublin even though it starts at Stephens Green, there's no cohesion / route and last time I ended up just not knowing where anyone had gone! Plus TCD weren't letting people in. What's a boy gotta do to get that yellow dinosaur?!

I might try to make the raid hour next week if you're around. Have a few folks I reliably raid with so it's easier to keep it sorted.

That would be great! :) I'll head along to it either way, so let me know what you decide to do.

Where do ye meet for Dublin raid hours? I may actually be in Dublin next week and could try to mooch along with a group.
    Me and the boy got an EX raid invitation for Wednesday (at home in Limerick, Speed Deoxsys I think) but I've to be in Dublin Thursday morning, that's a whole lot of pokemon in one day!

Enjoy gofest Angron :)

Only shiny I've got recently was a shiny alolan exeggutor. no legendary shinies yet for me, the boy has two.

Edit: Forgot about shiny kyogre :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Started playing again after over a year off (since they revamped the gym system).
    They have changed the spawns , I'm not seeing any pidgeys! Does this make grinding harder?

ELM327 wrote: »
    Started playing again after over a year off (since they revamped the gym system).
    They have changed the spawns , I'm not seeing any pidgeys! Does this make grinding harder?
    Your focus to level up now is through the friend system rather than mass evolution so the grind is much easier.

Where do ye meet for Dublin raid hours? I may actually be in Dublin next week and could try to mooch along with a group.
    Me and the boy got an EX raid invitation for Wednesday (at home in Limerick, Speed Deoxsys I think) but I've to be in Dublin Thursday morning, that's a whole lot of pokemon in one day!

Enjoy gofest Angron :)

Only shiny I've got recently was a shiny alolan exeggutor. no legendary shinies yet for me, the boy has two.

Edit: Forgot about shiny kyogre :o

Generally it's around Stephens Green, there's a few gyms in that spot so you can knock out a few raids pretty quickly.

Spire has 6 gyms in a 300m radius good spot to got to as Garden of Rembranace is EX triggerable

• Advertisement

Got a shiny scyther from a quest earlier :D Scizor is a hideous shiny, but a shiny nonetheless.

Just noticed my Deoxys raid takes place right as Groudon hour starts, at Merrion, so I don't know if people will be doing it first as usual or later on... hmmm.

Advertisement