Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Canard wrote: »
    Got a shiny scyther from a quest earlier :D Scizor is a hideous shiny, but a shiny nonetheless.

Just noticed my Deoxys raid takes place right as Groudon hour starts, at Merrion, so I don't know if people will be doing it first as usual or later on... hmmm.

I honestly kinda love shiny Scizor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Angron wrote: »
    I honestly kinda love shiny Scizor.

Well if you don't manage to nab one at GoFest, I won't be too hard to persuade to trade mine, I love shinies but he's so ugly :o

Two day streak, got a shiny feebas today! Long live these quests, so excited to evolve it, love shiny milotic :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I got another shiny slakoth, joy!

I'm working on evolving a feebas at the moment, I've no milotic, I was working on magikarp for a good while so it's nice to be at something else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had a good day in Dortmund. Got 23 shinies, 6 female Nidoran, 4 male ones, 3 Sandshrew, Magnemite, Horsea, Sheller, Geodude, Larvitar, Dratini, Caterpie, Mawile, Machop, and Pineco. Got 70 odd Unown too, and a few Carnivine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shiny pichu hatch day after the party is over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So i'm only level 33, so cant be taking on the level 4+ raids around me when i'm at home.

Doesnt matter though, caught a shiny Groudon this morning through field research :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Have anyone tried to duo Speed Deoxys? I'm thinking of running with the main raid on my alt accounts and try to duo on my two 40 accounts (that potentially got the mons to do it).

Can't answer that Nody, got my first ever EX raid pass for tomorrow, can't make it :(

Doing the right thing and bringing a family member to an appointment, but still disappointed!

Anyone think there'll be mewtwo raid hour tomorrow? If so I'll have to head in to Stephens green :)

Not sure it's Mewtwo tomorrow as it drops at 9pm Irish time so I'd guess we get one last Groudon hour instead. Mewtwo next week and week after though should be a lock.

• Advertisement

Tks, I'm still pretty new so still figuring these things out. Almost missed the Groudon raid hour last week, thought those raid hours finished in June:/

Tks, I'm still pretty new so still figuring these things out. Almost missed the Groudon raid hour last week, thought those raid hours finished in June:/
    Yeah, they never actually announced the hour for Groudon, I think most people just assumed it was gonna happen.

No raid hour this evening hoping for a green groudon from research task now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Damn, but Armoured Mewtwo is ugly. And not much use either.

Apparently there will be armour evolution for Sword and Shield.

Not sure what that has to do with Mewtwo as his metal suit was restraints not armour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Apparently there will be armour evolution for Sword and Shield.

Not sure what that has to do with Mewtwo as his metal suit was restraints not armour

That was just a now debunked rumour. Sword and Shield will have Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing instead (basically short term mega evolution and z moves).
    Armored Mewtwo is from the 'new' movie that is coming out that is a reimaging of Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Nice, was organising with a friend to do a Scyther for Nidoran female shiny trade, and just went lucky with them :D

Anyways, ready for Entei day tomorrow, hopefully my luck is better for it than Raikou day, Entei is my favourite of the three.

I'm gonna try Stephens Green at 4pm for Entei as Glasnevin cemetery and botanic gardens were deserted on Raikou day.

Hoping my network doesn't crash again as it seems to do during big events at SSG :rolleyes:
    Finding the 4-7 time irritating overall, 10-1 was too early but ffs, 11-2 or 12-3 would be fine, it's Sunday like!

Entei is my least favourite of the three and yet it's the only one I'll be able to do myself :(

Well that was far, far better than Raikou day, managed to get 6 shinies :D

• Advertisement

Stuck with the free raid passes and bought one. Got a few Entei no 100% and no shinies
    Young lad got 2 shinies but no regular, he just wouldn't stay in, even with great curve balls and golden razzies.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got zero shinies, we moved house and I was unpacking all day :pac: there's a park full of gyms literally opposite the new place so I'm looking forward to getting a few raids in over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭josip

Toots wrote: »
    .. there's a park full of gyms literally opposite the new place so I'm looking forward to getting a few raids in over the summer.

Were the nearby gyms a factor in choosing the new place ? :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

josip wrote: »
    Were the nearby gyms a factor in choosing the new place ? :)

Well it certainly added to the appeal :pac:

Ugh Entei day was grim. I did 27 raids on my account, 6 on my baby account and 6 on a friend's account and got ONE shiny out of it all, and that shiny, while weather boosted, wasn't even above 80 IV :( Was so frustrating getting dud after dud, and the highest I even encountered (and caught, thankfully) was 93%. As soon as the weather turned sunny, they all turned crap. The others in my group agreed that the rates were bad, but I might have just been having some abysmal luck, though I got a fair few on the bird days.

I only planned to stay til I got a shiny and then I got it 10 minutes or so before the end :rolleyes: Won't be doing that again I tell ya.

Used my baby account for research to try and get a shiny Groudon... claimed the reward last night and it was a... shiny Kyogre :pac: Traded it over to my main and the IVs plummeted. Ah well.

Canard wrote: »
    Ugh Entei day was grim. I did 27 raids on my account, 6 on my baby account and 6 on a friend's account and got ONE shiny out of it all, and that shiny, while weather boosted, wasn't even above 80 IV :( Was so frustrating getting dud after dud, and the highest I even encountered (and caught, thankfully) was 93%. As soon as the weather turned sunny, they all turned crap. The others in my group agreed that the rates were bad, but I might have just been having some abysmal luck, though I got a fair few on the bird days.

I only planned to stay til I got a shiny and then I got it 10 minutes or so before the end :rolleyes: Won't be doing that again I tell ya.

Used my baby account for research to try and get a shiny Groudon... claimed the reward last night and it was a... shiny Kyogre :pac: Traded it over to my main and the IVs plummeted. Ah well.

I was like that on the raid day for Gengar. Said I'd do a few to get a couple of good ones, and then after a shiny I'd head, and ended up not getting a shiny until we were into the last half an hour of the event. Started down by the National Concert Hall, first shiny was up past Parnell Square.

No luck myself this time, did get a 2400 boosted non shiny but who cares about that. Heat was a killer couldn't keep up with group in city centre neither hopefully better luck for community day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

How is everyone gathering Sinnoh stones? I've a few to evolve with the stone, so any time i get one i use it straight away.

Is there a method to get more quickly, without spoofing/cheating?

I've read that doing 1 team leader battle and three PvP battles a day means you'll get one every 2nd or 3rd day.
    I'm normally the same, use it straight away but for the first time I have one sitting waiting to be used. I'm hoping to do Kirlia to Gardevoir and Poliwhirl to whatever it becomes next once I've finished walking Riolu , just 2 more candies for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

How is everyone gathering Sinnoh stones? I've a few to evolve with the stone, so any time i get one i use it straight away.

Is there a method to get more quickly, without spoofing/cheating?
    Threw away 20 yesterday as I had 35 and already evolved everything i could. PvP (I always roll with 3x CP10ish team) and team leader battles are your friend if you want to farm them and if I can I'll accept PvP challenges from myf friend list (with the caveat I'm only doing them to lose quickly to get the reward and if it's possible for me to do so safely).

Advertisement