Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I've read that doing 1 team leader battle and three PvP battles a day means you'll get one every 2nd or 3rd day.
    I'm normally the same, use it straight away but for the first time I have one sitting waiting to be used. I'm hoping to do Kirlia to Gardevoir and Poliwhirl to whatever it becomes next once I've finished walking Riolu , just 2 more candies for that :)

I've been getting them for completing the Field Research quest, but very rarely from the battles.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I've been getting them for completing the Field Research quest, but very rarely from the battles.

I'm only playing a short while, but I've never got one as a reward for (weekly I assume) field research. The young lad, who's only been playing for six weeks has though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Stuck with the free raid passes and bought one. Got a few Entei no 100% and no shinies
    Young lad got 2 shinies but no regular, he just wouldn't stay in, even with great curve balls and golden razzies.

If he has just started, then he won't have the medal's, it makes a huge difference on legendary catches.

Canard wrote: »
    Used my baby account for research to try and get a shiny Groudon... claimed the reward last night and it was a... shiny Kyogre :pac: Traded it over to my main and the IVs plummeted. Ah well.

Patience young padawan! If you get a cool shiny just wait and try to go lucky friends before transferring.

How is everyone gathering Sinnoh stones? I've a few to evolve with the stone, so any time i get one i use it straight away.

Is there a method to get more quickly, without spoofing/cheating?

PVP is your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭josip

Set up an alt account on a tablet or spare phone just for PvP and stones.
    But beware, before you know it, it'll be lvl 36 with 40 friends and part of your raid duo team :)

josip wrote: »
    Set up an alt account on a tablet or spare phone just for PvP and stones.
    But beware, before you know it, it'll be lvl 36 with 40 friends and part of your raid duo team :)

When you are down the country somewhere but can easily duo a ttar :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I've read that doing 1 team leader battle and three PvP battles a day means you'll get one every 2nd or 3rd day.
    I'm normally the same, use it straight away but for the first time I have one sitting waiting to be used. I'm hoping to do Kirlia to Gardevoir and Poliwhirl to whatever it becomes next once I've finished walking Riolu , just 2 more candies for that :)
    Poliwhirl becomes Politoed, but it's from Johto so it has it's own item! King's Rock. Arguably harder to come by, but you tend to get one of the items randomly on a 7 day Pokestop streak.
    Diemos wrote: »
    Patience young padawan! If you get a cool shiny just wait and try to go lucky friends before transferring.
    Oh had it been my only one I would have for sure. But also I'm 56 days off even being Best Friends with said account and have never had a lucky one. I couldn't have traded it after and my other shiny Kyogre is now level 40 so it's no loss really :P

Poliwhirl becomes Politoed, but it's from Johto so it has it's own item! King's Rock. Arguably harder to come by, but you tend to get one of the items randomly on a 7 day Pokestop streak.

Saw That it was a kings rock after I posted, thought I got away with it :D
    Funnily enough I've loads of all the other items, just sinnoh stones cause me difficulty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Saw That it was a kings rock after I posted, thought I got away with it :D
    Funnily enough I've loads of all the other items, just sinnoh stones cause me difficulty

Same with me, getting everything else but sinnoh stones. Have more kings rocks than i can shake a stick at!

• Advertisement

Got our armoured Mew Two, had a wander around Limerick this evening and almost gave up but met the group , who are always pretty cool :)
    Had tried with six of us at lunch in work Monday and failed dismally!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My shiny luck has been surprisingly high the last while. Got two more today, a Murkrow and then hatched a shiny Smoochum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mudkip community day on Sunday, will probably be doing it in Dublin again. Have a 100% one ready to evolve too :D

I’m still so burned out from Entei day :pac: and given that the bonus is just XP and I’m L40, meh. I would say “I’ll play til I get a shiny then stop” but I saw how that turned out :P Apparently hydro cannon makes swampert really good, but I always prefer the non starter CDs, they feel like fillers now! Porygon would be so cool.

I’m still so burned out from Entei day :pac: and given that the bonus is just XP and I’m L40, meh. I would say “I’ll play til I get a shiny then stop” but I saw how that turned out :P Apparently hydro cannon makes swampert really good, but I always prefer the non starter CDs, they feel like fillers now! Porygon would be so cool.

I'm excited for the shiny, pink Mudkip is pretty nice. I do wonder what'll be after it, maybe Trapinch or Ralts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Second best water damage dealer from what I recall (Kyogre being the best) so depending on your water team status it may be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Give yourselves extra time tomorrow coming into city centre as traffic diversions due to college green closing off from 7 am to 7 pm to traffic.

Mudkip day from 4pm-7pm

Cheers for the heads up.

Got 7 shinies today, no decent ones. Got one 98% regular one.
    It pissed rain for most of it in Limerick which was a shame, most of the time people were moving between shelter spots. Young lad got 7 shinies as well.
    Started an account for the smaller one today but my older phone really couldn't handle the app :(

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

New appraisal system was so useful today , previously could take 20 mins.
    Not sort by Recent , then search 4* - no Mudkip , no surprise there , then 3* , and only 4 to check , and done !
    Then simple job also to bin everything else.

• Advertisement

Yeah, very handy alright

Good day for shinies, but awful weather. Got 18 Mudkip, and a shiny Feebas too :D

What do you do with that many, transfer the bad ones or save them for trades hoping they go lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Had a wet and miserable time in Angron Town today, was on my way to Castlebar with work and stopped in Longford for Community Day.
    Light drizzle to begin with, got a shiny and the skies opened..... Then headed back to my van....slowly did a lap or 2 of the town, pulling in at stops when parking aloud, eventually got the required other 2.... And as I made my way out of town and find someplace where I could ch3 my clothes, I caught another 2.
    Job done..... Longford was good to me on the muckiest of days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭josip

Was stuck at home so had to rely on local spawns and constant incense for my fix today.
    Managed to get 2 shinies on main, 1 on alt but none on the alt alt.
    Managed to get enough candy to evolve 6 across all accounts so I've enough to fill out raid teams with our Keeogahs.

Only managed one shiny Mudkip, and it's a 0*. :o So not hugely successful, but I guess getting one crap one is better than getting nothing at all.

Didn't bother setting aside time today (still bitter over Entei day and 4-7 is the most ridiculous timeframe ever), played for about 10 minutes to get a shiny, got one, then on the bus home I got three more :P I also got one 3* normal but the weather boost meant it was 1023 CP when I caught it! And the shinies I got were quite high CP too. I only managed to evolve one and that normal one, but I'm happy :)

What do you do with that many, transfer the bad ones or save them for trades hoping they go lucky?

Pretty much save them for trades.

Rooy wrote: »
    New appraisal system was so useful today , previously could take 20 mins.
    Not sort by Recent , then search 4* - no Mudkip , no surprise there , then 3* , and only 4 to check , and done !
    Then simple job also to bin everything else.
    You can do it even easier
    search !3*&!4* then sort by recent.
    select all and transfer
    :cool:

• Advertisement

Can be very time consuming.
    Depending on the pokemon I will either transfer them all that are not 3* or 4* (so the starter pokemon or guys that have no use in the meta)
    I evolve all the shiny's and save them for lucky trades (as they are shiny with the exclusive moveset) (If I have more shiny's than candy, what I will do is check for good iv's 95%+ otherwise I just evolve the ones with the highest CP until I run out of candy.

Or if it's a useful pokemon (Bagon, Beldum) I'll keep the level 20 plus crap one and trade those in the hope of going lucky and to earn extra candy.
    But these too I will evolve as many shiny's as I can

I'm permanently maxing out my storage so I usually just do mass deletes.

Advertisement