Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Just bumped into Team Rocket at a "shadow" Pokestop. Won a battle and caught a Bulbasaur with purple flames.

WTH was that all about?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Just bumped into Team Rocket at a "shadow" Pokestop. Won a battle and caught a Bulbasaur with purple flames.

WTH was that all about?

Saw it mentioned on reddit that it was "live", haven't seen one in Limerick yet.
    Haven't fully read up on it but you can purify the dark Pokemon, possibly changes it so less dust needed to power it up.

Yeah, decided to keep the purple flames until I found out what the Purify option means.

486055.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's kind of annoying that they only stay on a stop for a pretty short period of time. Had a few vanish on me as I was walking towards them.

Angron wrote: »
    It's kind of annoying that they only stay on a stop for a pretty short period of time. Had a few vanish on me as I was walking towards them.

I can see 17 'stops from here and I've not seen another shadow stop since lunchtime. How many have you seen!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

None in glasnevin cemetery or botanic gardens at 12 today went through on way to appointment. Didn't see any in Finglas neither anyone know how long this will be available for.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

None in glasnevin cemetery or botanic gardens at 12 today went through on way to appointment. Didn't see any in Finglas neither anyone know how long this will be available for.

It's in the game like raids and gyms, so I don't see it being time limited, I believe it's here for good, possibly with different Rocket Teams/Rewards into the future....

Only encountered once and tried across Angron in doing so while in Dublin..... Got a Rattata

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can see 17 'stops from here and I've not seen another shadow stop since lunchtime. How many have you seen!?

Did 5 or 6, had another couple disappear as I was walking to them, or be too far to really bother walking out of my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I've had a lucky friend for over a week now and she's impossible to contact. Same thing happened when I tried to reach best friends with her in the first place, except this time I've a) messaged her on FB again (via the group), b) found her on Telegram and messaged her and now c) added her on FB, with the request unseen. But she still sends me gifts. :confused: Like the whole point of gifts past best friends is to get a lucky trade, so reply ffs! Especially annoying cos it's my first one :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Canard wrote: »
    I've had a lucky friend for over a week now and she's impossible to contact. Same thing happened when I tried to reach best friends with her in the first place, except this time I've a) messaged her on FB again (via the group), b) found her on Telegram and messaged her and now c) added her on FB, with the request unseen. But she still sends me gifts. :confused: Like the whole point of gifts past best friends is to get a lucky trade, so reply ffs! Especially annoying cos it's my first one :(
    Be happy it's someone you can actually trade with; I got 5 all over the world that I'll never meet up with :(

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Be happy it's someone you can actually trade with; I got 5 all over the world that I'll never meet up with :(

At least they're not stalking you all over the Internet :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

True; silver lining I suppose :pac:

So, Ralts is the next Community day, not too shabby.

Nody wrote: »
    Unless someone trusts someone else enough to swap logins... all for a lucky shiny :P

Hahaha I knew someone would say that but to be fair, Dublin is small and the name isn't that common :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Anyone know how gyms can be removed? Seems the 3 Arena is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭josip

fatknacker wrote: »
    Anyone know how gyms can be removed? Seems the 3 Arena is gone?

Maybe it was a sponsored gym and they decided there was no longer a business case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

josip wrote: »
    Maybe it was a sponsored gym and they decided there was no longer a business case?

Can gyms be sponsored?

I think it's cause the gym there was the statue of the mice, and that's gone. If Ingress players report that, then the portal will be removed, and the gym in Pokemon Go disappears too.

fatknacker wrote: »
    Can gyms be sponsored?
    Gyms and stops (that one is more recent; only seen in the last month or so and they give out silly good quests at times such as send 3 gifts for 1k dust, catch 3 pokemons for 1k dust etc.). Sponsored gyms are also allowed to break the rules for number of gyms in a cell and they are part of the company sponsoring Niantic allows in game with the idea that having a gym will drive people to your shop etc.

To the original question; I've heard of it before. The most common as noted is if it's a sponsored gym that the company don't want to renew but locations can also be voted to be removed in Ingress (said locations can be gym, stop or simply don't exist in Pokemon Go) for various reasons. The third one which once again I doubt you'd see post about however is that if you if you live with in I think it's 20m of a stop/gym you can ask Niantic to remove it due to privacy issues. That one came in as a new policy about six months ago if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Team Go Rocket now a research task so should be live at Pokestops near you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Team Go Rocket now a research task so should be live at Pokestops near you.

Bumped into one of these earlier and had to do battle with a grunt and then catch a Pokemon he left behind. Not sure what was going on but had three chances to catch him and the balls just bounced off even when in the circle. I think I was supposed to give him something first.

Good day, did a Deoxys raid and then a Mewtwo one and plenty of rocket stops :) I got a snorlax, it was so hard to beat! And then it had 43 cp :rolleyes: :pac:

Those Rocket Grunt battles are much tougher than I had anticipated. When a Rattata knocks out your Entei, you know you're in trouble. :o So far I've just got one Charmander, one Rattata and two Zubats.

On a separate note, I just need one more rare candy to get Melmetal. :)

Yeah, they really upped the difficulty of the Rocket grunts. The Snorlax battles are definitely the toughest, it has a lot of bulk to try and get past.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Yeah, I've got a couple of charmanders (one went 100%), a squirtle and a rattata. Gave up on snorlax, the young lad got him :)

How the hell are you supposed to defeat Snorlax with only <1500 Pokémon? I tried about 5 times and only got.him into the yellow. :(

There were two.Rattatas, which I took out with a Graveler, using one protect. Then Snorlax comes and massacres it, I tried Regirock for defence but it still got defeated before it could use charged attack. And then I tried my 100% Breloom that has fighting moves but with no resistance it was wiped out instantly. Other fighting Pokémon have crap defences so no point even trying. I evolved a Pupitar, to get a Tyranitar for bulk, but its CP shot up from 990 to 2,100-something. :rolleyes:

I'm stumped.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Shadow Snorlax counters are;
    Mewtwo, psycho cut & focus blast.
    Dialgia, dragon breath & draco meteor.
    Weavile, ice shard & focus blast.
    TTar; smack down down & crunch.
    Metagross; bullet punch & meteor mash.
    Ursaring; counter & hyper beam.

...Why would you only use <1500 CP Pokemon? You can use anything you want. If it's suggesting weak Pokemon, just select stronger ones. I think I saw someone mention that problem and it was something to do with having created teams for the lower leagues which were being auto-selected.

Canard wrote: »
    ...Why would you only use <1500 CP Pokemon? You can use anything you want. If it's suggesting weak Pokemon, just select stronger ones. I think I saw someone mention that problem and it was something to do with having created teams for the lower leagues which were being auto-selected.

D'oh! That's exactly what the problem was. :o It was only letting me select Pokémon <1500 because I had a team saved from ages ago for that lower league. Deleted that team and it let me select what I wanted then. Thanks for that. :) In hindsight, I'm impressed with myself for defeating the previous ones with shíte Pokémon! :pac:

Of course, after finally defeating Snorlax, it only lets me catch a bloody Rattata. :(

• Advertisement

Got my first shiny Pikachu since the first community day, one of the straw hat ones :D

Advertisement