Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

D'oh! That's exactly what the problem was. :o It was only letting me select Pokémon <1500 because I had a team saved from ages ago for that lower league. Deleted that team and it let me select what I wanted then. Thanks for that. :) In hindsight, I'm impressed with myself for defeating the previous ones with shíte Pokémon! :pac:

Of course, after finally defeating Snorlax, it only lets me catch a bloody Rattata. :(

Even with my >4000 CP ones I struggle :P That’s so annoying! It seems you always catch the one that comes out first, and I read that if it’s gonna be a snorlax the grunt will say something like “you’ve already lost” (they’re not wrong :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

^^^ Did Shadow Dratini today & got clobbered by Dragonite. I did win with a sliver of health left on my last Mamoswine but he did some damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got a shiny sableye

Haven't had a chance to catch Shadow Dratini or Shadow Snorlax yet. Did the Rocket takeover hour but the strongest I got were a Golbat and a Wartortle. :o

On a separate note: how the hell is Muk only a Tier 2 Raid boss when Tangela was Tier 3?! Don't get me wrong, Tangrowth is a beast (I've a 100% one I'm very fond of) but Muk surely deserves at least Tier 3. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Got a shiny Ekans :D And its IVs are... 0/0/1. Definitely up for swapping that for someone else's!!

Forgot Zubat can be shiny now cos I've seen so few, and haven't seen any Sneasels. Can't tell if I like shiny Sneasel or not, it's very noticeably different but looks a bit less... dark :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Canard wrote: »
    Got a shiny Ekans :D And its IVs are... 0/0/1. Definitely up for swapping that for someone else's!!

Forgot Zubat can be shiny now cos I've seen so few, and haven't seen any Sneasels. Can't tell if I like shiny Sneasel or not, it's very noticeably different but looks a bit less... dark :pac:

Yeah, I've seen very few Zubat, and the only Sneasel have been from raids. I'd love to get a Sneasel, Zubat I'm less pushed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Has the team rocket thing ended?
    I'm in the middle of a quest to defeat 3 team rocket grunts. What happens now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

ELM327 wrote: »
    Has the team rocket thing ended?
    I'm in the middle of a quest to defeat 3 team rocket grunts. What happens now?

As far as i know its here to stay. There are new medals out for battling Rocket Grunts and purifying the pokemon you catch. Which takes 1000 battles, and 500 purifies to get gold so they wouldnt release those medals to make them unobtainable after a week.

Synchronoise will be the community day move for Ralts, both Gardevoir and Gallade will get it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Is that any good compared to their regular charged move set?
    I won't be home so can't see myself catching enough to evolve several Kirlia. I only have Gardevoir, no gallade yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is that any good compared to their regular charged move set?
    I won't be home so can't see myself catching enough to evolve several Kirlia. I only have Gardevoir, no gallade yet
    Maybe; it's psychic damage so you got a potential good/excellent psych/psych option there in case you're low on Mew2s but the damage of the attack is unknown so unknown how good it will be (i.e. is it a potential Mew2 replacement even or something below it and if so how does it measure up? Second option more likely but it's Niantec...).

Anyone wanna do a meet up for PvP on Saturday at Stephens Green for stones say 3:30pm at the arch

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Anyone wanna do a meet up for PvP on Saturday at Stephens Green for stones say 3:30pm at the arch

You do know you don't have to meet up to challenge Ultra and Best friends... You can challenge them remotely through the game

I do but if a bunch of people are gonna be in Stephens Green for community day might as well do it before hand to stock up on stones to use on ralts day for kirlia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Duoed my first Rayquasa (Outrage)! Two teams of mid 30/35 Mamoswines (breakpoint at 29 / 37 as I learned later) with secondary team of low 30s ground Tyranitars. Done with 60s to spare so can definitely be improved but not hard at all and no dodging (Outrage taking off 70% health but to lazy).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Am I missing something really obvious or has it been three years and there's still no way of viewing individual Pokémon stats and moves when selecting a battle or raiding party. I've got three Arkanine only one of which has an actual fire move and I can never remember which one it is - the same goes for a load of other Pokémon. I feel like it's such an obvious feature to add in that I have to question whether it is there and I just don't know how to access it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Am I missing something really obvious or has it been three years and there's still no way of viewing individual Pokémon stats and moves when selecting a battle or raiding party. I've got three Arkanine only one of which has an actual fire move and I can never remember which one it is - the same goes for a load of other Pokémon. I feel like it's such an obvious feature to add in that I have to question whether it is there and I just don't know how to access it.

There is no in-game way of doing it, easiest way is to add something to their nickname. Some of the IV checkers will do that automatically for you.

mcgovern wrote: »
    There is no in-game way of doing it, easiest way is to add something to their nickname. Some of the IV checkers will do that automatically for you.

Yeh I've thought about the nicknames. What's the best IV checker to use, I know they all do the same thing same thing but in terms of interface and ease of use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Yeh I've thought about the nicknames. What's the best IV checker to use, I know they all do the same thing same thing but in terms of interface and ease of use?

I'm on Android.
    I used to use GoIV but this hasn't had much updates recently and doesn't work with new appraisal system.
    So now I'm trying PokieGenie which seems quite good.
    CalcyIV also is not bad.

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »

I'm on Android.
    I used to use GoIV but this hasn't had much updates recently and doesn't work with new appraisal system.
    So now I'm trying PokieGenie which seems quite good.
    CalcyIV also is not bad.

I'm also on Android, I'll give the PokieGenie a go, thanks.

I'm also on Android, I'll give the PokieGenie a go, thanks.
    Using PokieGenie on both Android and IPhone (paid for version on IPhone as it works differently on how it imports images).

I did my first ever EX raid today :) so picked up Deoxys Speed.
    Have to find a few bodies to do Rayquaza now, mine and the kids accounts wouldn't be stacked enough to trio I think.

I did my first ever EX raid today :) so picked up Deoxys Speed.
    Have to find a few bodies to do Rayquaza now, mine and the kids accounts wouldn't be stacked enough to trio I think.
    You may be surprised to be honest; according to Silphroad 6x level 25 Mamoswine or 6x any dual ice attacker is enough to win in a duo at best friends. Sure you'd need to go back in / resurrect the team but it's far from impossible. I've duoed it twice now with about 60s left both times and that was with a level 30/35 Mamoswine team the first round with what ever recommended second team going in. Obviously higher levels means better survival etc. but trio it does not require perfect 'mons at all.

Got my deoxys speed at three dates on last ball on both accounts definitely need to upgrade my phone's as it has been very choppy playing in Stephens Green the last few times be that raiding or community day.

Joined a raid group this evening, turned into a huge one, two lobbies so got my rayquaza, one of the kids didnt catch theirs, he's super salty!
    I'd better do more tomorrow :)

Didn't catch mine neither I missed it all last summer due to my damn foot this time I'm getting me a shiny

I've only a bronze Dragon type medal (all the other types I have silver or gold), so I wasn't expecting much, but it stayed, it was close though.
    My daughter's account is only 2 weeks old, level 26 thanks to "jump start", and she got it. I had to do a curve ball excellent to get it to stay.
    He has medals and got great curve balls, but it just wouldn't stay.
    Tomorrow is another day

Rayquaza is an absolute pain in the arse, it keeps popping out of the damn ball. Even compared to other legendaries it's a real pain to catch. :( The shiny is really pretty though, hoping I can nab one but not full of confidence given that thus far I've only ever got shiny Cresselia and shiny Latios from the legendaries (and the latter was from field research).

I did get a shiny Ekans today, along with a 100% (non-shiny) Ekans. Didn't find a single shiny Koffing though, despite catching what felt like thousands of the buggers for the past week. :(

• Advertisement

Got a shiny Ray today, as well as hatching a shiny Sneasel :D

Also got a 100% Bidoof :pac:

Advertisement