Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

For Dublin based players

I could be in Dublin (Stoneybatter Area) tomorrow for CD - where could I go for best spawns, I'll only have about an hour so I'm trying maximise my catches.

Is Phoenix Park worth a trip or should I aim to get to the city centre?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

City centre would be the best bet. If you can get to Grafton Street/SSG area, or pedestrianised spots like Temple Bar, they are always heavily lured up so the spawns are good. I've found Phoenix park is a bit too big and the spawns are rather spread out as a result, though I've never been there on a CD so maybe it's less of an issue then.

Angron wrote: »
    City centre would be the best bet. If you can get to Grafton Street/SSG area, or pedestrianised spots like Temple Bar, they are always heavily lured up so the spawns are good. I've found Phoenix park is a bit too big and the spawns are rather spread out as a result, though I've never been there on a CD so maybe it's less of an issue then.

Thanks - a stroll from Temple Bar to Stephen's Green and back will probably be more than enough for me - hopefully

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is that any good compared to their regular charged move set?
    I won't be home so can't see myself catching enough to evolve several Kirlia. I only have Gardevoir, no gallade yet
    Stats are out; psy/psy Gallade/Gardevoir are below Alakazam and Espeon in damage output as well as Mew2, Azelf and Deoxys (normal & attack form). Hence shiny hunt only unless you want to PvP were it has some limited use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Haven’t been around town enough to do any raids but I’m gonna buy the box tomorrow and hopefully do a good few :D still bitter over shiny Groudon, but a Rayquaza would make it alllll better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Just caught a shiny Rat, didn't realise they were in the game. Don't normally bother clicking them, but decided I want to close out my Gold on tiny Ratatta :D

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Just caught a shiny Rat, didn't realise they were in the game. Don't normally bother clicking them, but decided I want to close out my Gold on tiny Ratatta :D

Both versions can be shiny.

Also, that's why Ratatta can no longer be a Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

If any regular players are interested in 2 new friends codes of myself and son drop me a PM. Looking for players who are going to send/open daily with a view to levelling up on both daily and are contactable thru boards messaging for synching eggs

Got 12 shinies, none of them particularly good. A very meh community day but I did a few Rayquaza raids, albeit with no shinies there!

Got a shadow Scyther that if I purify it will be 100%, but shadow Scizor looks too good to do that :P

What were everyone’s thoughts on the egg business? Found it a bit gimmicky tbh. I enjoyed the stardust and it made the 1/4 distance useful, but the cynic in me says their plan was to load us up with 10Ks that we’ll want to ditch by the new egg event and thus will spend money on incubators. Jokes on them, idgaf about those 7k eggs, even if they’re 2k :P

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I'm normally in Limerick where there's loads of people and lures up. Today I was in north Kerry where there was maybe one other group around, we didn't see them but could see the lure modules.
    Still got 5 shinies though :)
    The egg thing, my first 10km was a ralts, and not even 3 stars not to mind 100%, so yeah, the hell with that. App never seems to credit my distances properly on eggs if I have it open. Adventure Sync is fine when I've the app closed, so I thought I'd get rid of a few more of those damn 7km eggs :/

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Tried to trio a Rayquaza with my two younglings, but it didn't work. I'd say mainly because the kids don't have enough counters. We nearly had it, but it timed out before we could finish it off. I'd say another 20 seconds would have been enough. Gonna bring them into Stephen's Green during the week and hopefully there'll be more people around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Hit 100 million XP today!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Toots wrote: »
    Tried to trio a Rayquaza with my two younglings, but it didn't work. I'd say mainly because the kids don't have enough counters. We nearly had it, but it timed out before we could finish it off. I'd say another 20 seconds would have been enough. Gonna bring them into Stephen's Green during the week and hopefully there'll be more people around there.
    If you have spare Eevees of decent level evolve them to glacials at a frosted up pokestop and trade them over to the young once :)

Did a trio on my alt accounts (37, 37 and a random 34) with level 30 Mamoswines and my two accounts did 85% of the damage with plenty of time left (had to resurrect and go back in).

I caught a shiny Pinsir this evening in North Kerry!

Toots, did you pick ice type counters for the trio? I'm kind of wondering if me and my two (Lvl 33, 32 &26) could do it.
    Did a Ray with mine and sons account yesterday with 4 others and I'm pretty sure we did a good bit of the damage. No shiny Ray for any of us yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Too sick to go out earlier caught 2 shiny in bed one each on my main two accounts also caught a 468cp shiny totodile my phone has been drifting all day too so hatched 12 eggs during the three hours over both accounts without walking a step.

This new gift/egg event looks good hoping I'm up and about by Tuesday or my phones keep on drifting. :D

Pinsir nest in Botanic gardens

Walimer nest in Stephens Green

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Canard wrote: »
    Got 12 shinies, none of them particularly good. A very meh community day but I did a few Rayquaza raids, albeit with no shinies there!

Got a shadow Scyther that if I purify it will be 100%, but shadow Scizor looks too good to do that :P

What were everyone’s thoughts on the egg business? Found it a bit gimmicky tbh. I enjoyed the stardust and it made the 1/4 distance useful, but the cynic in me says their plan was to load us up with 10Ks that we’ll want to ditch by the new egg event and thus will spend money on incubators. Jokes on them, idgaf about those 7k eggs, even if they’re 2k :P

Same here, 7k eggs are basically worthless

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got 19 shiny Ralts, hatched a shiny Alolan Meowth, and got 2 more shiny Rayquaza, one on each account.

Found yesterday a rather frustrating Community Day - Ralts is an absolute bitch for breaking out and fleeing, even with Ultra Balls and/or Razzes. Never had this problem to that extent with any Pokémon on a Community Day before. :mad: Got three or four shinies but none with more than a 2* rating. Gave up about an hour into it as I was so pissed off with all the breakouts.

F*ck you, Ralts!

Oh yeah, none of my shinies were particularly good, I think I had maybe 1 or 2 that were 3* from it.

I wonder what the next CD will be, if they'll go straight in to the gen 4 starters or have something else up first.

Picked up my first shiny Rayquaza from about 50 raids; on the misses account of course (she got shiny Kyogre on her first Kyogre raid and shiny Groudon on the third raid so she's got a streak for shinies).

• Advertisement

Increased Poliwag spawns with a chance of a shiny next weekend to coincide with Go Fest Yokohama.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shiny Politoed would be a must have for me

I wonder what the next CD will be, if they'll go straight in to the gen 4 starters or have something else up first.
    I was wondering the same. Turtwig is a good shiny, but he's meh as a Pokemon, and tbh I'm getting tired of every second month being a starter. I love the surprise of the months where it's not! I would love Cranidos to feature.
    Increased Poliwag spawns with a chance of a shiny next weekend to coincide with Go Fest Yokohama.

Oooooh I loooove those shinies :o I won't know which to evolve if I only get one (if even :pac:), but I think Politoed is prettier.

Did an Aerodactyl raid like an idiot today then the raid whatsapp for my area was actually active! Did 2 Rayquaza raids using mine and a friend's account, of course she got a shiny and I didn't :pac: I did get a shiny today though... a shiny Buneary. Which I already had two of. First world problem I know, but I hate getting full odds shinies you don't need, makes you feel like you've used up any built-up luck :(

I'm looking forward to Piplup day as I've got a 100% Prinplup ready to evolve; already have plenty of candies stocked up but figured I may as well wait until Community Day to get a special move. If they keep the pattern of alternating starters and non-starters every second month then I guess we'll have Turtwig next month, Chimchar in November and Piplup in January, although if they're not planning on releasing Gen 5 soon then they might stagger the starters out a bit more?

I'd actually love if they skipped Gen 5 and 6 and just went straight onto Gen 7, because Rowlet is my favourite ever starter Pokémon and I can't wait to have one as my buddy! :D

Mixed day for me - left my Gotcha in the car and 2nd phone wasn't charged. Anyway, I got 7 shinies in the 75-90 mins that I had to spare. Luckily, I met a guy on Grafton Street who told me there was a 100% in Stephen's Green, I'd say I was one of the last to catch him before he despawned - I think one young lad got him as a shiny while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Just caught a Santa-hat Pikachu :confused: :pac:

Just caught a Santa-hat Pikachu :confused: :pac:

Yeah, as part of the Yokohama Go Fest they are cycling through the hatted Pikachu, a different one will spawn each day I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Got shiny Poliwag earlier but not seeing too many Poliwag around. Hopefully the spawn rates increase as the week goes on

Got one earlier too without realising, the sun was bright.
    Young lad got a shiny sneasel today, and a shiny horsea yesterday, I got shiny Pinsir the previous day.

• Advertisement

Managed to get a Poliwag, Psyduck, and Lotad shiny today.

And I see Turtwig is indeed the next Community Day, 15th of September. Thankfully it's back to the early time.

Advertisement