Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Got the shiny poliwag alright, daughter got shiny psyduck and son got shiny poliwag and sneasel.
    Phone glitched out on me during raid hour yesterday, only did one and got kicked out of the gym cos of the glitch :(
    Will make up for it over the next few days.

As I'm filling up the dex I'm starting to wonder about the regionals, will have to find a well travelled friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Should be at least two more raid hours in the next two Wednesday slots not sure of three weeks as tier 5 might have changed by then. Am cooped up at home still barely catching anything going out to appointment this afternoon so hoping for shiny poliwag and shiny witch hat pika

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hatched a shiny Smoochum today, not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I actually hatched a shiny Ash Hat Pichu yesterday - stunned! Surely the new grail of shinies.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

AMGer wrote: »
    I actually hatched a shiny Ash Hat Pichu yesterday - stunned! Surely the new grail of shinies.

Oh, well done on that hatch!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nice, never got a shiny Pichu of any kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I still haven't gotten any event shinies, feeling disheartened :( Managed to do a Rayquaza raid today and finally got a shiny there though - albeit with sh1te CP! Then had the following interaction with my baby account (which has 2 shinies):

- Decide to do a normal trade to make sure we didn't turn lucky after an interaction
    - Said trade goes lucky :rolleyes:
    - Took a chance and traded an old Lugia for the weaker shiny Rayquaza (apparently older mons are more likely to go lucky)
    - Got a shiny lucky Rayquaza! :D

Still would like a Poliwag though :o

Have to say the spawn rate for Poliwag this event has been shocking. I’ve seen far more Drifloon, Sneasel & Anorith. It’s good Niantic got away from the ridiculous guaranteed +20 shiny of last years Go Fest weekends (Rosalia, Pinsir etc.) but I feel they might have gone too far the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but nanab berries have been working wonders for me on shadow Pokémon. Could be just luck but I haven't failed to catch an SP who's been given one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but nanab berries have been working wonders for me on shadow Pokémon. Could be just luck but I haven't failed to catch an SP who's been given one.
    I've yet to need a single berry to catch a shadow pokemon inc. second level evolutions after the first two were I used normal raspberries and with one or two exceptions everything is caught on first landed ball (no Snorlax yet though); the ring colors showing red etc. is complete and utter BS; it's no were near those colors compared to let's say a level 5 raid boss which annoys me.

• Advertisement

AMGer wrote: »
    Have to say the spawn rate for Poliwag this event has been shocking. I’ve seen far more Drifloon, Sneasel & Anorith. It’s good Niantic got away from the ridiculous guaranteed +20 shiny of last years Go Fest weekends (Rosalia, Pinsir etc.) but I feel they might have gone too far the other way

I've been trying hard to get a Luvdisc shiny, no joy though.

Still 0 event shinies here :( feeling left out when some people in my local WhatsApp have gotten multiple per day! I did get another shiny Rayquaza today though with 15 attack but meh IVs overall. Good for if I ever get a lucky friend who exists in this dimension :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've got two 100% pokemon from purifying Shadows - I've completed 170 TR Battles.

In the last week or so I've 2 (Zubat & Bulbasaur) from TR, one (Swinub) from a Raid and one (Onix) from a trade. I also got a 100% during the CD and two Shinies (Kabuto and Rayquaza) so not a bad fortnight :)

I haven't managed a shiny Ray yet. Did get one Poliwag which is now a shiny Politoed and a random shiny pinsir. I've one purified 100%, a charmander.
    I hadn't come across Houndoor in the wild at all since I've started playing in March, so got that entry on the Dex via Team Rocket as well. I had Houndoom from raids.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Canard wrote: »
    Still 0 event shinies here :( feeling left out when some people in my local WhatsApp have gotten multiple per day! I did get another shiny Rayquaza today though with 15 attack but meh IVs overall. Good for if I ever get a lucky friend who exists in this dimension :pac:
    Why do you care about stamina/defence? They are added to the base stats (263/140 for Rayquaza) which means their impact is minimal overall. Attack however drives the damage brackers which means either less candy & dust or you hit the atk15/level 40 only bracket (depends on the pokemon; Machamp has the later, Kyogre the first for example) for quick attacks.

Nody wrote: »
    Why do you care about stamina/defence? They are added to the base stats (263/140 for Rayquaza) which means their impact is minimal overall. Attack however drives the damage brackers which means either less candy & dust or you hit the atk15/level 40 only bracket (depends on the pokemon; Machamp has the later, Kyogre the first for example) for quick attacks.

I dunno, always nicer to have more IVs :P But true - the differences are minimal :)

phog wrote: »
    I've got two 100% pokemon from purifying Shadows - I've completed 170 TR Battles.

I got 100% purified Scyther that I evolved to Scizor. Only 100% so far from 105 TR battles

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is WachterDerNacht here?

We're two days away from Best Friends and I'd like to coordinate the interaction.

Got my first shiny Budew today, still no joy on a Bonsly though.

I had a dream that I caught my tomcat, Corey, in Pokemon Go. You know how dreams are weird like that. So I checked his IVs and he is only 38%! I actually woke up laughing. Poor Corebags, seems even my subconscious doesn't exactly rate you. Still love him though!

• Advertisement

There was a wild Gabite in limerick city earlier, was posted up on a chat group so I hopped in the car with the kids, got in in about 13 minutes, just missed it. I'm blaming the fockers who want a special shade of green to go at traffic lights, but I guess I'm just salty I didn't catch it :D I don't even have a Gible .

I'm still yet to see a Gible in the wild, only ever got one from hatches.

I could see one 5 minutes from me one day recently but I'd just gone back to work from lunch and couldn't go chasing .
    I saw a Chimecho wild recently again but was also in work, and I have some Chingling I can walk to get that. I get excited now if there's a shadow on my nearby list

Only shadow I'll get is if a Chatot decides to migrate to Ireland for a bit :pac:

And when Gen5 gets released :D That's good going in fairness, nicely done.

I'm relatively proud of my dex entries so far, 419 I think, but I'm only playing since the start of April. No regionals except Tauros via a trade, missing a few legendaries that I might get later in the year if there's a catch up day, and a few in johto and sinnoh that I need to walk for candies.
    Don't know anyone with a switch though so melmetal is off limits for now.

I do have a switch if our paths ever happen to cross :pac:

Up in Dublin for the raid hours, probably gonna start around St Stephens Green.

Hope Suicune day is going well. I had the kids with me so stuck with the free raid passes and whatever coins they had left. I got 3 normal, 2 shinies, nothing too exciting. Daughter got one shiny, son didn't so traded him a regular for a shiny, the regular I got back re-rolled to 0 stars. Doh! :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    I'm still yet to see a Gible in the wild, only ever got one from hatches.

I got three wild ones in the first four days it was released here in Tramore. Haven’t seen one since. I hatched one more and had one as a buddy for quite a while before evolving to Garchomp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm missing out again at home nearest gym is 2 miles away have to go for x ray on Tuesday so just keeping walking to a minimum.

Smyths are giving out codes for Mewtwo for let's go probably too late to go in for one today now

• Advertisement

I'm missing out again at home nearest gym is 2 miles away have to go for x ray on Tuesday so just keeping walking to a minimum.

Smyths are giving out codes for Mewtwo for let's go probably too late to go in for one today now

Bummer :(

Advertisement