Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm very salty today, did 5 Giratina raids, three fled on me, no shinies, and the two I caught were shìte!!
    I did get one shiny yanma at the weekend though:)
    Sorry to piss in your cornflakes but yesterday I got a double shiny (two accounts played, both accounts got shinies at the same raid) and in 10 raids total I've picked up 4 shiny Giratinas. To bad it's not of much use raiding however :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nody wrote: »
    Sorry to piss in your cornflakes but yesterday I got a double shiny (two accounts played, both accounts got shinies at the same raid) and in 10 raids total I've picked up 4 shiny Giratinas. To bad it's not of much use raiding however :(

The good thing about shiny altered Giras is that you can pinap them and get double candies which you can then use on the Origines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Really don’t want to go back to spinning stops for eggs to get Mime Jr (been hatching pretty much nothing but 7km eggs for months) and good luck getting the shiny (remember how rare 5km shiny Magby & Wynaut were?). Don’t understand why they couldn’t put it in 7km eggs and turn off the ability to evolve

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Spawns at my house have gone from 1 per hour to 5 or 6 at once, which is a nice change.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Nody wrote: »

:D
    Got a shiny shelder on my way home today and also hatched a litwick and golett so a bit better. 3 Giratina caught now and they have been rubbish, 2 star.
    I hadn't got an origin one so good for the dex entry anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

got a shiny Gira but only 2 stars. can't wait for community day to be honest. in need of stardusts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Hatched a shiny Mime Jr at the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Angron wrote: »
    Spawns at my house have gone from 1 per hour to 5 or 6 at once, which is a nice change.

Mine is a complete reversal to that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I know I'm late to this but I've just discovered that traded Pokemon don't keep their IVs which is pretty scabby. Is there a legit reason for this that I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Part of trading you can up the ivs as well as lower them take a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

I think IVs are level based. They stay the same if you're trading with a trainer the same level as you. Randomised (or maybe there's a some consistent formula) if different levels.

EDIT: Oops, apparently they always change. My mistake.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I know I'm late to this but I've just discovered that traded Pokemon don't keep their IVs which is pretty scabby. Is there a legit reason for this that I'm missing?
    IVs change upon trading. Regardless of level. Otherwise ppl would be able to sell hundo’s. CP does change greatly if level difference between trainers is big enough.

As it is there are enough ppl selling 3000CP mons on eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

New stardust event and new team rocket leaders I'm guessing heaps of dust will be needed to purify new shadow pokemon soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had a good day, got 5 shiny Oddish, a 96% Drilbur from one lucky trade, and a 100% Lick Gengar from another.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Tenger wrote: »
    IVs change upon trading. Regardless of level. Otherwise ppl would be able to sell hundo’s. CP does change greatly if level difference between trainers is big enough.

As it is there are enough ppl selling 3000CP mons on eBay

How can they sell them if the person who buys them isn't close enough to do the trade with the seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

DublinCJM wrote: »
    How can they sell them if the person who buys them isn't close enough to do the trade with the seller?

I would imagine that those selling mons on ebay are able to apparate to a location of your choice for the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

josip wrote: »
    I would imagine that those selling mons on ebay are able to apparate to a location of your choice for the trade.

Ah of course. I forgot about the spoofers :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Anyone in adublin? Tepid nest in Sean Walsh Park in Tallaght, not too far out from city. Handy find so early in Unova release.

Tenger wrote: »
    Anyone in adublin? Tepid nest in Sean Walsh Park in Tallaght, not too far out from city. Handy find so early in Unova release.

Thanks was trying to find nests for the 5th gen pokemons to gather candies

Mewtwo raid hour this evening, be nice to get a shiny or two.

• Advertisement

Worked out quite well, got one 100%, and one shiny, both weather boosted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Worked out quite well, got one 100%, and one shiny, both weather boosted.
    One in our raid group got a 100% shiny; it's 1:218 for 100% and then 1/20 on shiny so yea, lucky bastard.

Dang, that's a hell of a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Got a shiny in my first raid yesterday evening. Was delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

And here's me who just got a MewTwo from an exraid at the weekend and i'm just happy to get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I got a 100% and a shiny the week Mewtwo was around, did about 13 raids last night, one failed to give me the chance to catch, I got 2 shinies and a load of crap Mewtwos, that candy was handy to power up my 100%

My catch rate last night was super high, I don't think I missed one, and most were in the first 3 throws. Had me wondering was the catch rate set to the EX raid level, or was I just unusually lucky with them.

My catch rate last night was super high, I don't think I missed one, and most were in the first 3 throws. Had me wondering was the catch rate set to the EX raid level, or was I just unusually lucky with them.
    It was set to EX raid level at 6% vs. normal raid rate of 2%.

Ah, I was thinking that had to be the case. Nice of them to leave it at that rate so.

• Advertisement

Hoping the next raids after Giratina-A will be Giratina-O or Darkrai as it will be around Halloween :pac:

Advertisement