Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

You have until you've gotten 6 stamps in a row built up its not like the streak this time round you just do the tasks in the field research and can take as long as you need. So not based on days rather it's based on completing the tasks. My dates last week were April 5 and April 7 for 5 and 6 stamp, I missed April 6 as I was home.

You can save a "completed" task and not claim it until the next day(s) so you continue to get stamps.

I.e. if you save up 3 completed tasks you can get stamps on the next 3 days without spinning a stop and getting new tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Your breakthrough reward Pokemon tonight/tomorrow will be
    Moltres, again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nothing of note in city, Muk raids aplenty

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I thought we were getting the hang of the Tier 3 Raids with a narrow win over Jynx last weekend.
    Took on a ?/SB Gengar with what I thought was a borderline team of Tyranitar, Gengars and Dragonites this afternoon.
    Ouch. Didn't even get it into the red.
    Gotta go find some stardust to go with all that candy we've collected.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Your breakthrough reward Pokemon tonight/tomorrow will be
    Moltres, again
    It'll probably cycle through the birds on a monthly basis then.

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    I thought we were getting the hang of the Tier 3 Raids with a narrow win over Jynx last weekend.
    Took on a ?/SB Gengar with what I thought was a borderline team of Tyranitar, Gengars and Dragonites this afternoon.
    Ouch. Didn't even get it into the red.
    Gotta go find some stardust to go with all that candy we've collected.

Even as a level 40 player I've found a weather boosted gengar to be surprisingly hard to solo - tyranitar isn't a great option I found - his dps is just too low.

What I should have done was max revive my alpha team (3 x alakazam, 1 x espeon, 1 x mewtwo, 1 x lugia (which again isn't the best to use) and go with them again. DPS from this lot put gengar into yellow with 120 seconds left on clock - I went in with auto recommended tyranitar team as the beta team and only managed to beat gengar with 10 seconds left on the clock.

So yeah - the extra 10 seconds you use to max revive the psychic team I think would be more helpful than going in with a 2nd ttar team.

goWFUhL.png

Closer, but still a bit of work to be done.
    Went with the (Lvl 30-35) zams in the starting lineup, but Gengar one-shotted 3 out of 4 of them before they got off their CM. And that was just with Shadow Ball.
    I don't try to dodge because I'm sh1te at it.
    Is there any point tanking up the zams to make them more survivable?
    I think it's a better use of my meagre stardust to power up my (Lvl 25) Gengars, roll their CMs and use them instead of the zams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Had it all kicking off this morning, 7 day streaks, next moltres and mew caught.

96% moltres last week toped this week by a 98% one! Mew turned out at 80% with cut/thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

goWFUhL.png

Closer, but still a bit of work to be done.
    Went with the (Lvl 30-35) zams in the starting lineup, but Gengar one-shotted 3 out of 4 of them before they got off their CM. And that was just with Shadow Ball.
    I don't try to dodge because I'm sh1te at it.
    Is there any point tanking up the zams to make them more survivable?
    I think it's a better use of my meagre stardust to power up my (Lvl 25) Gengars, roll their CMs and use them instead of the zams.

I personally use a team of Alakazam, Espeon, Gengar, Tyranitar, Groudon. I either put Rayquaza or Rhydon last. Groudon and Rhydon need ground moves. Tyranitar is only viable with double dark. Dodging is key. Since acquiring Groudon, I can do any Gengar raid.

As a side note, all the aformentioned Mons are level 35 or higher. I wouldn't power up Alakzams as Mewtwo is better in every way. Just evolve high level ones. I usually lead with with Alakazam.

ferike1 wrote: »
    I personally use a team of Alakazam, Espeon, Gengar, Tyranitar, Groudon. I either put Rayquaza or Rhydon last. Groudon and Rhydon need ground moves. Tyranitar is only viable with double dark. Dodging is key. Since acquiring Groudon, I can do any Gengar raid.

As a side note, all the aformentioned Mons are level 35 or higher. I wouldn't power up Alakzams as Mewtwo is better in every way. Just evolve high level ones. I usually lead with with Alakazam.

Thanks, does that team survive the whole raid?
    Any particular reason you only use 1 of each mon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Thanks, does that team survive the whole raid?
    Any particular reason you only use 1 of each mon?

Personally, I think it is boring having a team of 6 of the exact same Pokemon. I can understand it from an optimisation point of view but what is the point of collecting other ones if you just use 6 Kyogre for Groudon, 6 Raikou for Kyogre, etc... I can understand that in small raid groups, it is essential to have the best counters, and for some solos, even more so, but I like the diversity. If you just power up the other very good counters, it won't make that much of a difference. I regularly get two balls for damage in Raids. Furthermore, in the handheld games, you wouldn't have 6 of each mon, you would try have a diverse team, so I try to stick to that philosophy. Recently transferred a level 37 96% tyranitar in favour of my 100% one just because I want different mons. :P

I don't need a second team unless I get very unlucky with charge move hits. I have beaten a weather boosted sludge bomb Gengar with that team. You should use Pokebattler and input your mons stats. It will give you the optimal team based on what you have.

Very buggy day got an aerodactyl raid way into the red solo ran out of time, best attacker was a low level cloyster 2000cp got my MACHAMP finally, lost 40+ pokeballs trying to catch randomers all day with crashes and stupid escapes from low level mon.

I'm trying to catch ekans as my only arbok is worthless, caught a random zangoose which I thought odd am onto walking my magikarp tomorrow in preparation for the Mew research. Will try a few level 2 solo raids tomorrow as I bought that 780 box seems the best deal.

Personally, I think it is boring having a team of 6 of the exact same Pokemon...

Whoever said anything about keeping 6? :)
    Jr and Mrs Josip have 10 respectable Machamps each, that went in their first and reserve teams back in the good old days when they were raiding Absol.
    It looks like they'll have to power up a bit to make the step up to Tyranitar now that Absol is gone.

but I like the diversity.
    Whoever said anything about keeping 6? :)
    Jr and Mrs Josip have 10 respectable Machamps each,

Likewise, I've powered up some strange mons for teams. Ampharos, sandslash, muk.

I think Machamp is probably the only pokemon I'd use upto 4 times. My fighting team uses 4 with a heracross and a hariyama. I'd like to add a breelom or blaziken into it, but just haven't got a decent one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,598 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What type ball do you need for the research Moltres? I'm only lv16 so no Ultra Balls

Edit. Nevmind just saw I'm getting 5 Ultra Balls as some "mystery items" so hopefully that'll do.

Evolved Oddish, Staryu, Pidgeotto, Smoochum, Weedle > Beedrill, Ekans, Geodude last two days. Still none over 1000CP

pjohnson wrote: »
    What type ball do you need for the research Moltres? I'm only lv16 so no Ultra Balls

Red or blue work just too just might take a few more, its got a 0% flee rate.

syboit wrote: »
    Red or blue work just too just might take a few more, its got a 0% flee rate.

I just realised I'll be rewarded Ultra Balls.

I'm liking this event. Reminds me off the original cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

So Waterford just got another round of Ex raid passes - for 11.30am on a Monday!
    Do Niantic actually think these things through at all?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got an EX pass too, I hadn't paid attention to what day it was on. I've never had one happen on a Monday, that's a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

AMGer wrote: »
    So Waterford just got another round of Ex raid passes - for 11.30am on a Monday!
    Do Niantic actually think these things through at all?
    Kells on Monday as well but at 1.00 - 1.45....lunch time?

• Advertisement

I just realised I'll be rewarded Ultra Balls.

I'm liking this event. Reminds me off the original cartoon.

You might actually get rare candies (which I'd definitely take over ultra balls or pinaps which are the other options).

Got another ex-raid pass :eek: - to be honest I've been raiding in town only at the ex-raid eligible gyms (even doing tier 1 and 2s) with my daily pass.

Amazingly it's paid off - lucky friday the 13th for me :D

Thirdfox wrote: »
    You might actually get rare candies (which I'd definitely take over ultra balls or pinaps which are the other options).

Got another ex-raid pass :eek: - to be honest I've been raiding in town only at the ex-raid eligible gyms (even doing tier 1 and 2s) with my daily pass.

Got 20 Pokeballs. Probably due to my lower level. Still caught it :)

Got 20 Pokeballs. Probably due to my lower level. Still caught it :)

Even if you run out of balls you will still catch it - you can "run" from the encounter and the reward encounter will still be there for you to return to after you collect more balls/pinaps.

My last moltres took 20 great balls and 15 pinaps to catch :D

What gym did you get? I have one for War Memorial.

I'm garden of remembrance.

Finally hatched an azurill so up to 364 caught / 369 seen - just missing a flygon from what's available locally :)

For anyone who makes a trip up to Dublin here is a list of what gyms are ex-raid eligible (in the city centre):

1. Stephen's Green:
    a) Robert Emmett statue
    b) Three Fates
    c) Countess Markievicz

2. Merrion Square:
    a) War Memorial
    b) Dermot Morgan

3. Other:
    a) Garden of Remembrance (top of O'Connell Street)
    b) Snake fountain (behind Dublin Castle)
    c) Toro Statue in IFSC

These 8 locations regularly give out ex-raid passes - I've now received ex passes from 3 of the above (Robert Emmett, Dermot Morgan and Garden of Remembrance). I'll keep going with raiding with my daily pass at the others :)

I've got 18 raid passes from two boxes bought and rewards so I plan on hitting a few spots today to try for an ex pass and shore up my team, I've yet to see dozens of kanto pokemon spawning in this event but Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are the two I'd love most only have one of each and they were both from tyrouge evolution. Plan to go to Stephens Green today just to see what's spawning, also want to get as many great and ultraballs for tomorrow event as I can.

Servers are awful today so can't play. Wanted to use an incense but the thing once again can't track anything. I wanted more of the 150 oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

1. Stephen's Green:
    a) Robert Emmett statue
    b) Three Fates
    c) Countess Markievicz

2. Merrion Square:
    a) War Memorial
    b) Dermot Morgan

3. Other:
    a) Garden of Remembrance (top of O'Connell Street)
    b) Snake fountain (behind Dublin Castle)
    c) Toro Statue in IFSC
    Thanks for the list.....of gyms I must avoid.
    Kells v just triggered their 4th yesterday and the thought of having to go to Dublin for an Ex Raid isn't nice

Small group beat Latias this evening in dublin city centre was my first level 5 raid in several months excluding a Mewtwo EX, we crushed it but none of us caught it, one guy might have as he legged it off quick.

I'm hoping to go to Stephens Green for 10am tomorrow and might tag along if there is a crowd going off raid hunting, I need some top level legendaries so I can start solo raiding successfully.

There is a race on in Dublin tomorrow too with road closures in certain areas great ireland run so maybe Google that to see if it affects your travel plans at all.

• Advertisement

I've gotten raid passes at Lough Atalia in Galway x2, War Memorial in Merrion Square x2, and Robert Emmet in SSG once.

Advertisement