Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Does anyone else find the team rocket leaders impossible to beat?
    I'm level 35 and my top mons are at or above 3k, yet even using type advantages and good IV I still get defeated easily

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

ELM327 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the team rocket leaders impossible to beat?
    I'm level 35 and my top mons are at or above 3k, yet even using type advantages and good IV I still get defeated easily

My second struggles a bit depending on what the leader has, my main can usually complete it in one or two attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Angron wrote: »
    My second struggles a bit depending on what the leader has, my main can usually complete it in one or two attempts.

Like yesterday for instance, a leader had a scyther and a gyrados as first two and I didnt even get to the third!

What level etc are you, am I doing something wrong!? The battle mechanism hasnt changed so I don't think so....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

40 on main, 39 on second. I don't think I've ever had Gyarados on the second one, for Arlo I usually bring a maxed out Rhyperior for the Scyther, and then see what comes after. Scyther is a pain when it has fury cutter, it charges insanely fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Giratina seems to be a useful one Vs the rocket leaders from what I've seen online still haven't managed to battle them myself yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I keep the Pokemon Go Hub guides bookmarked on the phone and completely rely on them for team selection.

https://pokemongohub.net/post/guide/rocket-leader-arlo-counters/

We've not suffered too badly with the rocket leaders on our accounts. We would have been spending dust and tuning counters for each Tier 5 raid boss.

But we have had to bump up a few of our Lvl 30 mons to give them a tiny bit more survivability against some of the leaders. That makes the difference with fine margins.

Also, we've had to learn a little battling strategy beyond tapping-fainting, tapping-fainting. Giovanni was way tougher than he should have been (16 times tougher). We mistakenly started with Machamp against Persian each time and then Smacktar was always a tiny bit tool slow getting his CM off.
    The easier approach was to lead off with Smacktar, power up the CM and swap it out ready to use straight away later.

If you have kids who have played with Pokemon cards in school bring them along. They're very knowledgeable about typing and counters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I can beat Seirra and Arlo (depending on their pokemon) but am not having any luck with Cliff.

I found that getting rid of their shields as quick as possible is the best thing. I've a griatana with a really fast charge move, so that I can have both their shields gone by the time I'm through their first pokemon. After that it depends on which is their second and third one if I can beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

matrim wrote: »
    I can beat Seirra and Arlo (depending on their pokemon) but am not having any luck with Cliff.

I found that getting rid of their shields as quick as possible is the best thing. I've a griatana with a really fast charge move, so that I can have both their shields gone by the time I'm through their first pokemon. After that it depends on which is their second and third one if I can beat them.

My go to team for Cliff is Machamp, Mamoswine and Kyogre - doesn't always beat on the first go but it lets me see his full team and then I can swap ot to start again.

Don't use your strongest check for the type advantage I got crushed by grunts using 3300+ dragonites but bested them with 2220 palkia try beef up some of your obscure pokemon like Palkia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

ELM327 wrote: »
    Like yesterday for instance, a leader had a scyther and a gyrados as first two and I didnt even get to the third!

What level etc are you, am I doing something wrong!? The battle mechanism hasnt changed so I don't think so....

Use something effective that has a quick powering charge move, that will get the shields out of the way quickly. Where possible I try not to use Pokémon with a single bar charge move, takes too long to power up. Also remember to keep tapping when team rocket are changing Pokémon as your charge will continue to power up. There’s also a 2 second lag between them bringing in a new Pokémon and it starting to attack, so continue to power up in this time even if fully charged (it carry’s over to the next charge). I find these small things can make a big difference.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I beat 2 of them before I got to that part of the quest but where I live never has any stops for me to try again :( Can't wait to get back home for Christmas and finally finish this dumb quest, I don't even want shadow Pokemon, I just hate having an unfinished job :pac:

Also idk who made the rule about Pokestop limits but Dubai has never heard of it - some areas have so many that you full on can't click anything that appears in between them. I must take a screenshot next time I'm near a cluster, it's mad.

They've apparently un-nerfed the rewards from legendary raids, so that's nice

Tomorrow 11-2 is a special raid day research and other stuff to do with the evolution event gonna try to get out to either Stephen Green or Botanics for it
    Not go related but just starting Pokemon Shield tonight as I'm at the championship battle on Sword and I got a second switch for a great price so I can trade between games.

Looks like there are 2 proposals for Seahorse on the Doneraile AMGer.
    I assume one is yours? I've just done a disambiguation review.

Does anyone on here play in New Ross?
    Regardless of what time of the day we've put a mon in a downtown gym there, the gym gets turned over within an hour or two.
    It was always a red town, but before the start of this year you'd get at least 4 hours or an overnight stay.

josip wrote: »
    Looks like there are 2 proposals for Seahorse on the Doneraile AMGer.
    I assume one is yours? I've just done a disambiguation review.

Not mine, probably from Ingress.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

AMGer wrote: »
    I intend to use up pretty much every s2 level 17 cell in my town that I can with new submissions by then :)

Still can’t understand why PoGo gets the one POI per level 17 and Ingress doesn’t. Where I am there’s a few more POIs in Ingress as portals but not in PoGo as stops/gyms.
    Only replying a second time because funnily enough your question was in one of Ingress AMAs on stops in March 2019 and hence this is Niantic's official stance and reason why rather then my assumptions.
    Q43: Is there a reason why only gravestones of people that have historic or cultural value are considered good POIs, while visually interesting/artistic ones are not?
    A43: By some estimates, there have been 113 billion people have lived on earth. Almost 80% of those people were born after 1750. There are a lot of potential gravestones, memorials, crypts, etc. that could be Portals if we allowed them. In addition, there are differing cultural viewpoints on what is an acceptable activity to engage in at a place of remembrance like a cemetery or memorial gardens, or place of remembrance. These differences can exist across race, religions, nationality, location, etc. It would be very difficult to establish a generic global rule.

However, what does seem to be a cultural norm across all of these diverse groups is the celebration and memorialization of persons who are of historic or cultural significance. These memorials are almost always intended, and in fact encourage, the public to visit, interact, and learn about the person being memorialized. This is why we have chosen to limit the guidelines to notable culturally significant or historically significant persons as it relates to gravestones specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,357 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

How is the game going? Just like the cartoon series, I ducked out shortly after season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Rikand wrote: »
    How is the game going? Just like the cartoon series, I ducked out shortly after season 1

Great, plenty of mons around golf clubs and the walking lets you hatch some eggs :cool:

Shiny Gible is out, which makes me doubt we're getting a community day for it :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Maybe January as a change in their standard MO? Niantic tweeted yesterday asking people what they thought Jan 2020 community day would be, then as if by magic, shiny Gible. We can always hope!
    Some people on reddit were saying they could run out of community day candidates by the end of next year if they don't release Gen 6, to be honest I don't know enough about pokemon in general to comment on that.

No shiny abra, hint HINT

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Angron wrote: »
    Shiny Gible is out, which makes me doubt we're getting a community day for it :/

I'd be happy to hatch the normal form of Gible - I'm currently on Zero Hatched and 4 caught. I've enough candy to evolve one once I get a good one.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

phog wrote: »
    I'd be happy to hatch the normal form of Gible - I'm currently on Zero Hatched and 4 caught. I've enough candy to evolve one once I get a good one.

Have actually hatched 2, caught 2, got one Friday evening with 3/45 stats!
    Now Deino, a whole other story, am lucky enough to have hatched one shortly after Unova started, but nothing since

Assume we’re getting Piplup for Jan. Com. Day.

Some of the non CD shiny releases have been a bit odd - Gible now, and I was sure before it got a shiny release we’d get a Machop CD.

Should be as November 2018 was cyndaquil followed by the December all 11 event followed by Totodile in Jan 2019 so Chimchar December Piplup should be the way it goes

If anyone is reviewing a Stop nomination for 'Seafield' please be nice :)

I'll do my best in return...

DbtXNY9.png

I’ll keep an eye out, but it’s not one I’ve seen for review yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

DbtXNY9.png

Just aswell thats not in Cork. It would be shot right down. City approvals are a disaster, its turning into "sorry thats not really interesting enough" :D:D:D

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    Just aswell thats not in Cork. It would be shot right down. City approvals are a disaster, its turning into "sorry thats not really interesting enough" :D:D:D

Perfectly acceptable POI in a small town :)
    Welcome and have a spin of this pokestop as you enter. People should be trying to get as many pokestops in towns/cities as they can. More stops means more spawn points.

Advertisement