Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

AMGer wrote: »
    Perfectly acceptable POI in a small town :)
    Welcome and have a spin of this pokestop as you enter. People should be trying to get as many pokestops in towns/cities as they can. More stops means more spawn points.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

josip wrote: »
    If anyone is reviewing a Stop nomination for 'Seafield' please be nice :)

I'll do my best in return...

DbtXNY9.png

Personally I would like to have more of the sign in that photo.

If you 5 star everything your status will fall through the floor and become worthless.

I try to pass as many as I can but some people just choose really bad photos.

Your nominations seems to comeback to you a few days after they've been passed has anyone else noticed that? Or does anyone know how that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Diemos wrote: »
    Personally I would like to have more of the sign in that photo.

Do you mean more pole and less sign?
    What would you give this one out of curiosity? (Indoor playground)

Kgu6zEJ.png

I try to be as lenient as possible without allowing the ridiculous and my rating is still ok.

37bRKSE.png

Kgu6zEJ.png

I try to be as lenient as possible without allowing the ridiculous and my rating is still ok.

37bRKSE.png

I would say the same thing.
    Photo is too far away.
    Think of how the photo would look inside a stop or a gym.

That's a nice bright sign, albeit a private business, so it should take up the entire photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I like the critique on my photography skills, or lack of :)

I’ve had nominations rejected for having too much sign in a photo, plus if there’s too much sign it’ll get cut out of the photodisc if it does make it as a stop

I try to be a generous as possible aswell, and my rating is also in the green. How about trying to help out as many trainers as possible instead of hindering them?

@josip - I still haven’t seen that Seafield nomination

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kgu6zEJ.png

37bRKSE.png
    Honestly you'd be better of taking the indoor playground as photo and explain what it is as that's directly approvable as the above is likely to be struck down as generic business.

How are people handling stone with the names of housing estates?

They can be unique but they certainly aren't interesting.

Again, trying to be as generous as I can to help out others - pubs and hotels aren’t interesting either but I’ve reviewed tons of them. I won’t ever use 99% of the POIs I review but if it makes someone else’s gameplay a little more enjoyable than I’m all for it. This is a game for a mobile phone after all, it’s not like we’re judging for a Pulitzer Prize or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

In town for Lugia ho-oh raids not many about

Agree with you on both counts but I think if stops had to be interesting was a genuine criteria, at least half of existing stops would have to be removed.

I know of 2 entrance stones that have been deemed ineligible because they were on private property with no way of reaching them, even though in the pictures and on google street view there's a wide footpath around them and street view exists on all streets around it.
    I wish reviewers who are quick to reject a submission spent a little of effort the submitters did before rejecting it out of hand.

• Advertisement

Agree with you on both counts but I think if stops had to be interesting was a genuine criteria, at least half of existing stops would have to be removed.

I know of 2 entrance stones that have been deemed ineligible because they were on private property with no way of reaching them, even though in the pictures and on google street view there's a wide footpath around them and street view exists on all streets around it.
    I wish reviewers who are quick to reject a submission spent a little of effort the submitters did before rejecting it out of hand.

Apparently they rarely send you the info and most refusals have comments.
    I guess from a legal perspective they are covering themselves.
    I reviewed a loyalist mural yesterday and was asked should the description read "in memory of fallen comrades" or "men of violence who got what they deserved".
    I'm not even kidding.

I comment all of mine unless they are absolutely brutal.

Apparently they rarely send you the info and most refusals have comments.
    I guess from a legal perspective they are covering themselves.
    I reviewed a loyalist mural yesterday and was asked should the description read "in memory of fallen comrades" or "men of violence who got what they deserved".
    I'm not even kidding.

I comment all of mine unless they are absolutely brutal.

Description edits only come from Ingress.

I wish Pokémon Go wasn’t restricted to the one stop/gym per level 17 s2 cell. This is not applied to Ingress (there is a 20m rule alright). Where I am there are a lot more portals in Ingress than stops in PoGo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Description edits only come from Ingress.

I wish Pokémon Go wasn’t restricted to the one stop/gym per level 17 s2 cell. This is not applied to Ingress (there is a 20m rule alright). Where I am there are a lot more portals in Ingress than stops in PoGo.

Yeah, it's particularly annoying cause loads of stops are more useful in Go than loads of portals in Ingress it seems.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

We were in Dublin today and jumped in on a Lugia raid at Stephen's green with a couple of lads, tks folks.
    A group of 5 of us did one yesterday and just about beat him, 10 seconds or so left.
    When I woke up there was a castform silhouette on my nearby radar, I presume it was an icy castform as its the only one I don't have. Didn't bother chasing it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was one of the folks at that raid, I was the long haired guy with the piercings :pac:

:D
    Small world!

Fits in the photo disc pretty well ;)

Lovely, I'll give it a spin next summer when I'm going back to my aunt's house from the Guillomine :)

I stand corrected.
    Nice work.

Gotten far too many Sneasel shiny this event :pac:

• Advertisement

Got a shiny Mr Mime nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I haven’t gotten any shiny Sneasel :( but I did hatch a shiny Mawile

I was up in Dublin yesterday, in the space of about an hour myself and two other folks I was walking around with got Sneasel. Had no joy on Stantler yet though.

Angron wrote: »
    I was up in Dublin yesterday, in the space of about an hour myself and two other folks I was walking around with got Sneasel. Had no joy on Stantler yet though.

Think I can count the number of wild Stantler I’ve seen this event on one hand. Did manage to hatch a shiny Stantler from a 7km egg though

I did a raid for Stantler, no shiny. There was a wild one on my radar but it was too early/late, can't remember.
    I did get 2 shiny sneasel yesterday, one of which I traded for a sol rock, didn't have one before. Caught a few cryogonol as well, there was a line of glacial lures in Limerick at 11 yesterday

I’ve had a few submissions around the home place down the country rejected because there isn’t a safe path leading to the Pokestop.
    These are places on the side of a country road, all of which are unique and interesting and which would be slam dunk, shoe-ins if they were in a town or city with a footpath going past.
    It seems that the game is still inherently biased against rural players.
    Or is it that most reviewers live in a town/city and are scared by the concept of a road without a footpath?
    [/RANT]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I’ve had a few submissions around the home place down the country rejected because there isn’t a safe path leading to the Pokestop.
    These are places on the side of a country road, all of which are unique and interesting and which would be slam dunk, shoe-ins if they were in a town or city with a footpath going past.
    It seems that the game is still inherently biased against rural players.
    Or is it that most reviewers live in a town/city and are scared by the concept of a road without a footpath?
    [/RANT]
    Well for starters the guidance given is very clear:
    Statues, sculptures, or monuments without pedestrian access to the Wayspot’s real-world location
    Regardless of any other criteria, if a nomination doesn’t have pedestrian access to the real-world location, it is not eligible.
    Hence the dictionary definition is that it's a 1* on safe access. However, and this is not in the updated blogs (because Niantic...) they specified back in 2018 that you need to apply local legislation and customs to this rule because in Europe (and yes Europe was called out) there are walking routes that are not on pedestrian walking ways and you basically need to take into local customs. Hence best bet is resubmit and add a very clear explanation why this is still meeting the pedestrian access requirements. And if it does not; well; it's a walking game so no, it does not meet the requirements. I live rural myself and we've added a shed load of stops by being a bit creative and looking around. At the end of the day though it's down to who you get as reviewers as even 5* stops gets shut down sometimes for no real reason and you simply get to resubmit it again. Expect to run over 50% rejection ratio (and most often over 75%) as normal because that's how things turn out more often than not.

Secondly; don't be to sure that it's really a slam dunk stop; the number of times I've seen people resubmit things they think are slam dunks (as noted in their complaints in the additional information) about how "if it's on the wall it's not private property (it is)" or "bridges are now ok according to Niantic" (no, it's only on marked trails) or "Trail markers are now approved" (only if they meet the trail/destination & distance on them which they never do on the resubmits) etc. Heck even what should be slam dunk stops gets shut down regularly because of other issues such as poor photo quality/poor description/not possible to locate etc. on an ongoing basis.

I feel like some people don’t take into consideration the age of the street view photos when considering real world location. I’ve seen some that were date stamped 2009.

I feel like some people don’t take into consideration the age of the street view photos when considering real world location. I’ve seen some that were date stamped 2009.
    The reviewers can only work with what they got though; if the photos are outdated put up a photo sphere on google instead and mention that in the additional information. I've used that multiple times to prove a stop is actually there when google map can't show it (forest or outdated as you note).

• Advertisement

Up in Newry hatched benie hat pichu ferroseed and a shiny alolan meowth :D

Advertisement