Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Up in Newry hatched benie hat pichu ferroseed and a shiny alolan meowth :D

Nice, managed to hatch a shiny Alolan Vulpix yesterday myself. Still having no luck with Delibird, I reckon I'll just trade with a friend at this stage, it seems destined to be one that just eludes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

This event is a disgrace, can only get the new variants by buying incubators or raid passes. It’s been coming a while but I finally think I might have had enough of this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had a good day today, hatched a shiny Wurmple, and then got two Sentret. Not a big fan of this event, so I'd been taking it a bit more relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pokemon Nintendo direct tomorrow afternoon at 2:30pm Irish time might find out what if any role Pokemon Go will play going forward for Home Sleep Sword and Shield.

I'm expecting it to be an announcement for Home, probably giving more details and a release date, seeing as it's "early 2020" when it's due to come out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I got a shiny Heatran (New dex entry) a 98 Heatran, a shiny 14cp onix and a lucky Palkia trade (also a new dex) this evening. Not a bad return for 40 mins raiding :D

Had a submission for a trail marker on a local walk rejected - reason for rejection: appears to be a body part instead of a valid object! Some people need a good kick in the backside

No luck with Heatran today, but I got Electrike, Buneary, and Pikachu shinies so can't complain :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

AMGer wrote: »
    Had a submission for a trail marker on a local walk rejected - reason for rejection: appears to be a body part instead of a valid object! Some people need a good kick in the backside

Was that on the back strand or is it someone else submitting those?

josip wrote: »
    Was that on the back strand or is it someone else submitting those?

Yes, one got accepted and was added to the game yesterday - I plan to resubmit the rejected ‘body part’

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

There's a clear trend that people pick random stuff to reject it; a person in Italy walked 4h to a mountain top to take a photo of a bell on the border between Italy and Switzerland that's on the top and it got rejected (among others) as generic business... All it means is that at least 1 person choose that but another 20 might simply have scored it low in general. Hence if it is something absurd it's usually easiest to simply ignore it for the resubmission. If it is something like private land rejection reason that's something you can address in the comment section instead as that's likely to have more people who've selected it.

I've been lucky so far, all the stuff I've subbed has been accepted. Even had some players bring me out to the town they live in to submit stuff cause none of them are level 40 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

I had an old pump rejected with 2 reasons - 3rd party photo (it wasnt) , and " appears to be on private residential property or farm " , when both photos showed it was obviously on a public foothpath.
    But someone else nominated the same pump (as I got to review it) , and that got accepted.
    But overall my first batch was largely successful with 6 of 7 accepted , the second batch I did over Christmas were a bit more borderline so not expecting all those to be accepted.

I probably asked before but has anyone here ever had the misfortune to play pogo in New Ross?
    The town was a sh1t h0le to grow up in, with a totally disproportionate amount of trouble for the small size of town.
    And 30 years later it's even sh1ttier and h0lier than before.
    Every time I come through, nearly all the gyms are the same colour.
    Tonight, all 8 were the same familiar colour.
    We took over 4 of them, the mons had been there for 3 - 5 days.
    30 minutes later, 2 of the gyms were taken back.
    I got to berry defend the remaining 2 which were at opposite ends of town.
    Spoofer cnt took turns attacking each gym in immediate succession before giving up.
    I'm under no illusions though and and expect dakunt to kick me out in the next couple of hours after I go to bed.
    Now that they have the bypass built and there's no need to go through the place they should blow up the remaining access roads and let the town fester by itself.
    Did I mention already it was a sh1t h0le?

Managed to catch a Throh last night in the few minutes after 9pm that Niantic screwed up the regionality of Sawk & Throh. Probably the rarest Pokémon I have now :)

Is twmatrim on here? I'd like to sync a friendship level up.

Search is down so I can't search the code thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

josip wrote: »
    Is twmatrim on here? I'd like to sync a friendship level up.

Search is down so I can't search the code thread.

At a guess, matrim: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111753964&postcount=160

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I had both a weir and a bridge rejected
    "as they appear to be natural features"

However have done well overall with the submissions. Have gotten 9 new stops into the game, which in turn created 2 new gyms on my daily dogwalk route.

I just reviewed a bus stop. An ordinary bog standard Dublin Bus stop That's got to be the greatest chancer I've encountered in over 500 reviews.

Tenger wrote: »

However have done well overall with the submissions. Have gotten 9 new stops into the game, which in turn created 2 new gyms on my daily dogwalk route.

Nice one, I’m up to 21 new stops where I am, and that’s created 5 new gyms.

• Advertisement

I just reviewed a bus stop. An ordinary bog standard Dublin Bus stop That's got to be the greatest chancer I've encountered in over 500 reviews.

I think mine was a "vehicles are parked at owners risk" sign from a car park in Carrick-on-shannon.

Reviewed one a few weeks back that was a Pokémon poster on a wall in someone’s house!

I did get a laugh out of the Kerrykeel town stone.
    I nearly gave it 5* for ingenuity and effort
    Also, rightly or wrongly, I'm more sympathetic to woolly submissions where there's no other stop for hundreds of metres.

LtY7suO.png

rXnB2NK.png

Yeah, I kinda love that one :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Oh you will see much worse than that; trust me... How about a random stone in a field? A TV in a living room? Selfie? A random road? And that's before you go in on the items that are called out as not being allowed such as kindergarten ("because parents can spin when dropping of their children"), flagpole (it's really tall!), nice place for a view etc. I'm currently at bit over 6.000 reviews and I still get shocked at how bad some stuff is that people have sent in.

Angron wrote: »
    I think mine was a "vehicles are parked at owners risk" sign from a car park in Carrick-on-shannon.

Oh I saw that one - it said something like "vehicles parked at owners soul risk" - it was the mispelling I think the submitter was trying to talk up. I did see one of those "pick up your dog poo" signs as a submission too.

Did a lucky trade today, and got a 100% Palkia from it :D

Hatched a shiny clampearl

I'm working during the community day tomorrow, so gonna pop a lure on a stop outside and hoping for the best.

• Advertisement

I'm more interested in the egg distance tomorrow than Piplup bought a bunch of incubator and with my limited mobility I'm gonna hatch a good few eggs I hope.

Advertisement