Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Oh fúck, I'm working tomorrow AND I put a 10 KM egg into an incubator just yesterday. ffs. Living in Dubai and not having much of a walkable area to play has really distanced me from the game :( Hoping I get to hunt for shiny Latias soon at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Next weekend for Latias

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Canard wrote: »
    Living in Dubai and not having much of a walkable area to play has really distanced me from the game.

Grabbed this from Twitter - this is from CD this morning. PoGo looks pretty decent in Dubai!

I've a few eggs on about 1k to hatch right now so I'm out for a walk to do them then the community day kicks in at 11 until 2 so kept all my 10k until then as with the 1/4 plus 1/3 it brings a 10k to 1.7k double bonus which is easily managed doing a loop of glasnevin cemetery or Stephens Green pale blue piplup looks nice hope I've better luck than chimchar day.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I managed to bag a shiny 100% Piplup from a field research today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

AMGer wrote: »
    Grabbed this from Twitter - this is from CD this morning. PoGo looks pretty decent in Dubai!

It’s a big place! I live in a relatively barren area with nothing like that unless I take a taxi to it, which I cba doing on a normal evening. Plus I may be wrong but doesnt the Pokeball symbol on the right mean that person is spoofing? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Canard wrote: »
    Plus I may be wrong but doesnt the Pokeball symbol on the right mean that person is spoofing? :pac:

Go Plus/Pokeball Plus symbol

Got three very low level shiny did a heatran at the three dates so hopefully an ex invite from that left two out of three phones on chair and brought my switches out with me instead so only one account for Piplup but logged into two account for the raids hope I get a regi invite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Managed to get 6 shinies from the limited amount I could play, so not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

What are your wayfarer review stats looking like?

I'm at 450 reviewed
    159 accepted
    63 rejected
    7 duplicated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

W8uZmJI.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lunar New Year's event looks decent. Darumaka being added, shiny Minccino, and wild shiny Gyarados.

Still yet to catch a shiny Karp botanic gardens is a nest at the moment so I'm hitting up there after 3 today

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I really need to get better at Wayfarer. I dont like using my phone so only get a chance when at home alone on PC.
    So Ive only done reviewed just under 200.

Still yet to catch a shiny Karp botanic gardens is a nest at the moment so I'm hitting up there after 3 today

I have like 6 of them if you want to trade at some stage :pac:

Guy on Dublin Pokemon Go Facebook page is looking to Co ordinate gifts with Rebslinky.
    I think they are on here

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

Got my first invite to an ex raid!!
    Late to the party, I know.

I’ve only completed one 5* raid - last weekend and I didn’t manage to catch heatran, despite having 13 balls!!
    Any tips?
    Raid is on Saturday.

Can't give any tips for Regi.
    For Heatran, the best time to throw a ball is halfway through his attack.(I throw curves but never learned the lock throw.)

By the time it lands he should be still and rarely goes straight into a jump/2nd attack.
    He attacks a lot so there are plenty of opportunities, take your time and don't panic.
    I've caught 5 or 6 of the Heatrans on the last ball.

Be there at least 5 mins before, unless you gave co-ordinate a raid time with the rest of the invitees.
    Gives you time to become friends, chat about lineup or even arrange a nice trade.

What's the craic with Safari Zone events? Any use?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tips, fingers crossed!

Do you know if you can reach the magikarp nest from outside the botanic gardens? Closing time is 5pm online.

I evolved a magikarp then the next day I reached 6/8 of a mythical discovery and had to start from scratch with only 11 magikarp candies ����
    Hoping to come across a shiny Karp to make up for it

What's the craic with Safari Zone events? Any use?
    They can certainly be good. There is one in Liverpool. I'm sure some Irish players will head over for the weekend. I know there was a decent bunch travelled to Dortmund last year.

It's like Community Day on steroids. Special event tasks, very rare spawns, special event spawns. Liverpool will have Unown and Relicanth spawning. Shiny rate is increased too.

I was at Chicago GoFest last year. Which is a higher level again.

Yeah, I was at Go Fest Dortmund, and will probably try and head to this Safari Zone tbh.

If you do go, buy a local prepaid SIM for connectivity.
    In Dortmund the wifi was non-existent/poor and if you're roaming from another country you're deprioritised on the network.

Nest migration happened yesterday so not sure what's there now will be over there at 12 today so can update then.

LKG wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips, fingers crossed!

Do you know if you can reach the magikarp nest from outside the botanic gardens? Closing time is 5pm online.

I evolved a magikarp then the next day I reached 6/8 of a mythical discovery and had to start from scratch with only 11 magikarp candies ����
    Hoping to come across a shiny Karp to make up for it

The lunar event starts tonight seems to be focused on red Pokemon so hopefully Karp's included in that.

Nest migration happened yesterday so not sure what's there now will be over there at 12 today so can update then.

Lucky you said that, I’d be driving from Louth!

Oh I never though that’s karp would be in the event fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

LKG wrote: »
    Oh I never though that’s karp would be in the event fingers crossed.
    Wild Gyrados shiny is in the event in the wild so I'd be very surprised if shiny karps were not increased in spawn rate as well.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I'm really tempted to try to get tickets to Liverpool, I have homework to do though...
    My two kids are Niantic kids account, but my own account is linked to my google account, not my Pokemon trainer account.
    I'm pretty sure I've tried to change my account to the trainer account rather than google but I don't think it worked, and I think I might have to buy the kids' passes from my trainer account. Anyone been in a situation like this?

• Advertisement

Karp nest gone sorry for raising hopes. As has been said hopefully tonight we'll get a chance

Advertisement