Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Still no shiny fish :(
    I did get a lucky hundo though from a random trade :)

Took me over 2000 checks to get first shiny Magikarp (that was a years worth of checks) and when I did I got another one two days later!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

AMGer wrote: »
    Took me over 2000 checks to get first shiny Magikarp (that was a years worth of checks) and when I did I got another one two days later!

Got one on the way to raid hour this evening, after only 500 or so checks. 38 cp and 6,6,3 IV though :(
    No pleasing some people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Battle Go League is unlocked now for me. Not sure if available for all yet - thought I saw something about a phased rollout.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Good day today, got another shiny karp, a shiny Natu, and shiny weather boosted Heatran.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

League is still locked for me, must only be for the VIPs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

League unlocked for me this morning when I logged in

It unlocked for me this eve, no idea what to do yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

So the legend foretold

I will be the very best like no one was before to fight them is my real test to whoop them is my cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

So the legend foretold

I will be the very best like no one was before to fight them is my real test to whoop them is my cause.

Was that meant for the story in less than 30 words thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Was having fun with the PvP but now I’m on level 4 and it’s just a ton of deoxys, registeel, altaria and umbreon so it’s getting stale. The February events look cool, won’t have too much time that week but I’d love a shiny riolu <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Had a go at the league. Caught a Snorlax as a result of it. Seems pretty cool.

Used one of my Lucky Eggs today in conjunction with evolving a load of Pokemon I had waiting to evolve. Evolved my Torchic right up to a Blaziken, my Magmar into Magmortar, and Feebas into Milotic.

Think I might have messed up too. Used a TM on Vaporeon to try and change a 65 Aqua Tail attack into something stronger, and only got a 70 Water Pulse.

I missed the ex raid - showed up 20 Mins late FFS!

What about next community day, which mon will you all vote for?

Too sick to get out for long earlier managed two spins both dratini I wanted Rhyhorn myself am hoping I can get out for the special research tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was doing Rhyhorn tasks through the day.

Had a lucky trade today, ended up getting a 100% shiny Lugia :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

LKG wrote: »
    I missed the ex raid - showed up 20 Mins late FFS!

What about next community day, which mon will you all vote for?
    Prefer Rhyhorn or Machamp because both are meta relevant for raiding; Rhyhorn gets the tick though for not having a shiny already if pressed on the topic.

No interest in vulpix even a maxed out one is useless at least dratini or machop have the two tier evolution easily accessible but I want Rhyhorn hope it got enough

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Angron wrote: »
    Was doing Rhyhorn tasks through the day.
    Completed 6 Ryhorn tasks myself. Feel it's overdue a CD and it's meta relevant.

Just came back inside from about an hour in the park with my daughter. 22 minccino across both accounts, 2 shiny. Still got 2 tasks to complete on each.

No shiny so far on the way to a park now am hopeful

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

35 minccino tasks, 0 shinies. :(
    Kids got one each at least though and we got a wild 100% Nidoran female

No shiny did get enough to evolve and a raticate with a hat from a raid back on the grind now for more shiny karp

• Advertisement

Got 11 shiny Minccino, and a shiny Alolan Rattata.

So Rhyhorn won the vote :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Angron wrote: »
    So Rhyhorn won the vote :D

Now we just need them to up the rate to get a sinnoh stone so that people can actually evolve the Rhydon once they have it..

Yeah, they should do what they did for the Mamoswine day, and give a few guaranteed stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Now we just need them to up the rate to get a sinnoh stone so that people can actually evolve the Rhydon once they have it..

Create a second account on a tablet or old phone and do a daily Ultra battle.
    If you choose your lowest CP mons on one of the accounts the battle will only take 30s.
    2 minutes to do your 3 battles every day.
    I average 1 Sinnoh stone every 2 days.

There's a "bonus hour" from 6-7 this evening, where a surprise Pokémon is getting boosted spawns. Looked at Twitter to see what it was when NZ got it, poxy Onix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've a number of friends that are one day away form Best Friends - I think some may have picked up my trainer code here

Any of the following post here?

WickedSassy
    dexhain
    SarClar91
    Mark1mcnally
    bartender - I've PM's you

My trainer name is Kestrel49

Was just reading back over the February events, there's a mini Sinnoh event from the 7th to the 10th and it mentions there being field research tasks for Sinnoh stones.

The dual account battle trick is intermittent at best for stones as rewards I'm gonna start doing it again as the battle a trainer research seems to pop up every now and then plus it's on the rocket quests

• Advertisement

How's everyone getting on in the Go Battle League? Anyone have any tips? Took me ages to get going, lost about 5 in a row before I got my first win but am now on Rank 7 and have a 60% win rate, 30 wins out of 50 which isn't too bad I guess but hopefully will improve! Tried a few different combinations of teams but have settled on one that usually gets me at least 3 wins from every 5 battles, have given them each an extra charged move:

Lapras (Frost Breath, Surf and Skull Bash) - good bulky defender but takes longer to charge up moves
    Serperior (Vine Whip, Leaf Tornado and Aerial Ace) - decent defence, quick moves but a lot of type weaknesses
    Toxicroak (Counter, Mud Bomb and Sludge Bomb) - fast attacker, counters lots of different types but a bit too fragile

Still a few counters that throw me though. I've nothing that's super-effective against psychic or ghost types; Deoxys and Alolan Marowak have proven problematic (even though I have two fire counters for the latter, Lapras is also part-ice and Toxicroak doesn't have the ghost immunity I thought it would!). Skarmory can also be a pain to deal with, given my lack of fire and electric moves.

Advertisement