Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tbh I only played it long enough to get my Scraggy and after that I wasn't fussed. Not a big fan of the PvP in the game really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Two Gible hatched out of my first round of eggs one Riolu nonshiny have another clutch on now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I did hatch a shiny, just not one I wanted. Got a Bronzor, my 4th one of those.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I've hatched non shiny Gible and Riolu, but a wild Gabite fled on me yesterday :(
    Ive managed to win 4 of 5 battles in PvP so got my snorlax, just need to do it again for my scraggy and i'm done!

Hatched a 100% tepig called him

That'lldopig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Lapras (Frost Breath, Surf and Skull Bash) - good bulky defender but takes longer to charge up moves
    Serperior (Vine Whip, Leaf Tornado and Aerial Ace) - decent defence, quick moves but a lot of type weaknesses
    Toxicroak (Counter, Mud Bomb and Sludge Bomb) - fast attacker, counters lots of different types but a bit too fragile

Still a few counters that throw me though. I've nothing that's super-effective against psychic or ghost types; Deoxys and Alolan Marowak have proven problematic (even though I have two fire counters for the latter, Lapras is also part-ice and Toxicroak doesn't have the ghost immunity I thought it would!). Skarmory can also be a pain to deal with, given my lack of fire and electric moves.
    I've gotten totally addicted to the PvP leagues! Had a great streak at first, then an awful run, now I seem to have cracked it. Am on League 8 and now just have a number rank of like 2500 :) My team is:

Venusaur (Vine whip, frenzy plant, sludge bomb) - GREAT for breaking shields and hilarious when its against another Venusaur and I sludge bomb half their health away cos they havent shielded, thinking it'll be frenzy plant :pac::pac::pac:
    Raikou - Thundershock + Wild Charge - charges very quickly, great coverage and bulky enough
    Altaria - DBreath, Sky Attack, DPulse, a staple

No idea why this combination is working so well, but I won't complain! A-Marowak is a bit of a bad one for me too but I usually cope since no one leads with it and will have lost their shields by the time it comes out. Deoxys is ok with something like Venusaur - they're too reluctant to use shields with their bulky Pokemon and the last few I battled had T-bolt, not psychic, so I was fine and Frenzy Plant got them. And then Skarmory is covered by Raikou. Try a lineup with those types if you get stuck :) Before this I had Wigglytuff instead of Venusaur and she just wasn't cutting it, but now the team is great.

Catch me now losing the next battle I do after posting this :P
    Edit: another win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

Any hints on where to catch a cubone?
    I know the marowak counts but haven’t won a raid with him yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

LKG wrote: »
    Any hints on where to catch a cubone?
    I know the marowak counts but haven’t won a raid with him yet

keep an eye out for tasks that give cubones. There's none at the minute but the pool changes regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

pew wrote: »
    Im trying to catch some Sunkern, i need 3 to be able to evolve it and complete a research task. Anyone know if they are spawning anywhere around Dublin, i really dont fancy evolving my Gloom with the sun stone to complte it when i dont even have

Did you get sorted? Plenty spawning out my way today

• Advertisement

Double XP for Raids is the bonus hour reward 6-7pm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Niantic has released an updated clarification guide for Wayfarer here. Few things standing out:
    • Begging for stops, gyms etc. or complaining about "no stops around here" in the additional information is considered abuse and can get you banned if reported.
    • Basically all pools are now ineligible.
    • Anything including playgrounds etc. within 40m of private residence (which will most likely be clarified to single family occupancy house as that's their usual definition for it) is not eligible no matter what.
    • Anything that's not a big tourist attraction/historical in terms of activity business is not eligible (previously dance studios, martial arts studios etc. were included as eligible potentially).
    • Restaurants/cafes has to be recommended in travel guides to be eligible.
    • Playground areas can only have one nomination; not allowed to nominate multiple different items in a playground area.

Got my ticket for Liverpool, doing the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Rules out plaques for entrances to housing estates so, which is good. I’d say 1 in every 4 reviews I do is an entrance to an estate. Also wish they tell people submitting post boxes to do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

LKG wrote: »
    Did you get sorted? Plenty spawning out my way today

I did! I have enough I still haven't evolved it though. I have a few things to mark off the list first then use a lucky egg for extra xp.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

AMGer wrote: »
    Also wish they tell people submitting post boxes to do one.
    In one of the monthly AMAs it was brought up for UK that mail boxes for previous monarchs were ok to be approved (assuming that is what you're referring to in the first place). Only reason I know is because it's been a common enough topic over on R/NianticWayfarer which is where I pick up most of my knowledge on the rules/application in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Rules out plaques for entrances to housing estates so, which is good. I’d say 1 in every 4 reviews I do is an entrance to an estate. Also wish they tell people submitting post boxes to do one.

Why would housing estate plaques not be allowed now? The 40m rule? I ask as the entrance to quite a few of the estates near me are not within 40m of any private residence (there is a green, or shops etc between the plaque and the houses). None of them are stops currently and most of them aren't eligible for other reasons, but wondering is there something else to stop them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Lads can I ask, what's the best way to find other players to help with raids? I'm 30, been playing Pokemon games since I was 12 so don't exactly have the right type of friends who'd still be interested in playing. I live in county Wicklow too, so don't have the player traffic as you'd see in one of the big towns or cities.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Lads can I ask, what's the best way to find other players to help with raids? I'm 30, been playing Pokemon games since I was 12 so don't exactly have the right type of friends who'd still be interested in playing. I live in county Wicklow too, so don't have the player traffic as you'd see in one of the big towns or cities.

Very busy communities in Kilcoole, Greystones and Bray!

Couldn't help you outside of there unfortunately. If you use Facebook look up "Pokemon Go Ireland" group and ask there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

mcgovern wrote: »
    Why would housing estate plaques not be allowed now? The 40m rule? I ask as the entrance to quite a few of the estates near me are not within 40m of any private residence (there is a green, or shops etc between the plaque and the houses). None of them are stops currently and most of them aren't eligible for other reasons, but wondering is there something else to stop them?

The opposite is true of where I live (and the submissions I see on Wayfarer). Majority of estates would have a house within 40m of the name plaque

• Advertisement

But they have a post box (pillar) on my suggestions for great wayspots.
    Plus there are LOADS of entrance markers for estates that are already approved and in the game.

Very confusing.

glenjamin wrote: »

Most rural players that I've seen run a second phone and a second account.
    It is against the rules.
    But if you are stuck in gyms for days/weeks on end and are limited to L3 raids.....

Diemos wrote: »
    Plus there are LOADS of entrance markers for estates that are already approved and in the game.

Very confusing.
    The rules have changed multiple times over the years on what's approved or not; for example fountains in a lake would been approved as a stop a few years ago until they changed the rule to require you to be able to walk up to it and touch it. Legacy stops are not removed from the system so that it exist in game does not mean it meets the standards of today from a submission perspective. There was originally no rule on private estate distance which got changed to 20m and now 40m away and that's not including the simple fact multiple stops are in the game that simply never met the requirements but approvers let it through anyway (for what ever reason, school & kindergarten playground stops are a classic in this sense).

Very confusing.
    The rules have changed multiple times over the years on what's approved or not; for example fountains in a lake would been approved as a stop a few years ago until they changed the rule to require you to be able to walk up to it and touch it. Legacy stops are not removed from the system so that it exist in game does not mean it meets the standards of today from a submission perspective.

As an example I saw a stop which was a clear 1*, some holes in the ground in a park I know about 2 hours away were submitted as "Graves from the 1800s" without any supporting information etc. Actually they were simply holes dug to put plants in but it still got approved (as I saw it come into the game). Hence approved stops does not equal meeting requirements; only that enough approvers gave their ok at the time for what ever reason.

Nody wrote: »
    The rules have changed multiple times over the years on what's approved or not; for example fountains in a lake would been approved as a stop a few years ago until they changed the rule to require you to be able to walk up to it and touch it. Legacy stops are not removed from the system so that it exist in game does not mean it meets the standards of today from a submission perspective.

As an example I saw a stop which was a clear 1*, some holes in the ground in a park I know about 2 hours away were submitted as "Graves from the 1800s" without any supporting information etc. Actually they were simply holes dug to put plants in but it still got approved (as I saw it come into the game). Hence approved stops does not equal meeting requirements; only that enough approvers gave their ok at the time for what ever reason.

These are not old stops, I can see the same towns and villages coming up over and over again, these are new stops appearing.

The rate of review seems to have fallen off a cliff, I haven't had anything approved in 2 months.
    Ever since go league launched.
    I thought things might actually speed up after the initial wave of submissions died down.

The rate of review seems to have fallen off a cliff, I haven't had anything approved in 2 months.

I thought things might actually speed up after the initial wave of submissions died down.
    Normal progress; it's noted globally and in general it will only get worse. People got "their" submission through in general so don't bother to review any more (no reason for it from their perspective as what they send in now are random stuff they see rather than what they care about) and the people who continue has a much larger portion of rule lawyers or bitter "deny everything because my stop was not approved" people. Add in certain areas develop metas of what's approvable or not (for example currently there's a fad here about notice boards being approved) that has no connection to the guidelines and welcome to the land of post go live submission land :). I continue to review because I play Ingress (medal to get 10k alignments) but yea; what you experience is nothing new and sadly to say it's not likely to get any better any time soon either. Simply get to run a list of things to resubmit (our local list currently has 57 submissions in queue/due to be resubmitted).

Niantic is trying a new approach in South Korea were people will be allowed to change their "home" location to one of five regions (and once again after the event is over); which ever region gets most reviews done in a certain time period will gain a special quest in "their" region. This is currently only announced for SK and the quest reward is unknown; but that may be how Niantic will try to drum up more reviews (the same issue you experience now happened in Ingress as well).

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1230628225325391873?s=19

Some easy Sinnoh stones for Rhyhorn day.

Friend event goes live today and I'm stuck at home I'll be out later so I'll grab as many pressies as I can. Haven't hatched anything great yet from 7k fossils did trade a luvdisc to 100% so that's 7 4* now out of 1400 :( none shiny still no absolute zero

Had a solid day, got 2 100% (one was level 1), 22 shinies overall, and a decent amount of stardust.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Angron wrote: »
    Had a solid day, got 2 100% (one was level 1), 22 shinies overall, and a decent amount of stardust.

Wow, nicely done.
    6 shinies, only 3 wild 3 stars all day, but got a 98%lucky at least.

Advertisement