Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I swear, the brains at Niantic must be 100 monkeys behind typewriters - tweet this evening said, remember that only eggs incubated within community day hours will hatch four times faster! Remember? Like they already shared this information. What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Worst event ever. I got nothing for first hour ended up soaked and two shines by the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Worst event ever. I got nothing for first hour ended up soaked and two shines by the end

Yeah, soaked was an understatement but still a big crowd out in Cork. Managed 4 shinies, the candy was mad though. After 1 flaffy and 2 ampharos evolves still have over 1100 candied left, started before event with 33.

My small fella though evolved his shiny to ampharos at 12.20 and got focus blast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Got one shiny, 10 cp. All a bit meh really

Hatched two Snorlax and two trapinch from 4 10k 90 candy for Snorlax and 98 for Trapinch so good results from that side at least. :D

• Advertisement

Weather was crap in Waterford aswell. Managed to bag 7 shiny out of 185 seen. I’ll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

4 shiny today, brining my total to 31, with 21/22 different of the 39 (Pokadex) /42 (Pikachu hat) available

kcKWxcs.jpg

Seen 74 caught 70 so two shiny out of 70 that's crap, didn't get any shiny pikachu neither though so two of these will do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got 9 shinies, but a much bigger deal was I finally got this milestone:
    448310.png

:D

Angron wrote: »
    Got 9 shinies, but a much bigger deal was I finally got this milestone:
    448310.png

:D
    Welcome to the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Made it into limerick for the last hour of the event, managed to pick up 2 shinies, and then to top off the day, Ex raid bagged myself Mewtwo #2 :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

pjohnson wrote: »
    ........I'm only lv16 ..............Still none over 1000CP
    I wouldn’t worry too much about your top CP. Focus on leveling up. Once you hit higher levels you will encounter higher CP mons. Lvl 30 is when you can meet the top CP.

As regards EX raids..... I’ve gotten Robert Emmet twice, and Gyms abroad twice. Have only made it to Robert Emmet on my 2nd invite. Got my Mewtwo so happy enough.
    Have done hardly any raids over the last 2 weeks, need to get me a Latias!

Well done on 40 Angron. About 6 months ago we were similar level. You really powered grinder up the scale. I’m only 50% thru lvl 38!

362/368

My unique Shiny Pokemon
    https://youtu.be/TAXR7lzftpo

Jfrost wrote: »
    My unique Shiny Pokemon
    https://youtu.be/TAXR7lzftpo

That's like a reverse self help video even the music makes me wanna punch myself in the head. :p

nice collection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

4 shinies but the main thing was my 10ks hatching 3 wonder trapinches...

Means I've finally finished the local dex - have a living dex of every pokemon available in ireland plus gen 1 regionals: 365 caught/ 369 seen :D

I've started walking my mewtwo (30 candy away from maxing him ;) )

10 candy away from Machamp number 2 kanto event has been good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Two 10k eggs left to hatch, and I deperately need a Chimecho to finish the refional dex.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Enjoyed the event in Cork , using 2 accounts and caught 3 shines on each for the full set , had a couple of prior Mareeps in the 90s so evolved one of them to new Charged moved. I spent best part of 3 months last year walking Mareep to get an Amphoros as I only ever hatched one Mareep up to that point , I knew the day would come when i would be swimming in them !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Mrs Josip's 10k egg hatched this morning.
    Got a Mareep.
    Not impressed.

josip wrote: »
    Mrs Josip's 10k egg hatched this morning.
    Got a Mareep.
    Not impressed.
    I hatched one during the event too... Wasn't impressed.... But it was 96, so took comfort from that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

What apps do you use to check IVs? Is there any for iOS that are any good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My best hatch during the event was a Beldum. The IVs sucked, but it gave me 64 candy, so that made up for it.

ShazGV wrote: »
    A lot of people say Pokegenie for iOS, I can't recommend as I'm android, but if you were android I'd recommend the CalcyIVApp

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Jfrost wrote: »
    A lot of people say Pokegenie for iOS, I can't recommend as I'm android, but if you were android I'd recommend the CalcyIVApp

Pokie Genie does seem the most popular one for iOS , it works well once you get used to it , althought there is a good few manual steps -take printscreen , open in Poke Genie , and add appraisial if you wish.
    I think the Andriod apps allow overlay so it can give you a more instant appraisial.
    I recently upgraded to Poke Genie Pro , it does have a batch feature but havent really used it yet , it does have an instant appraisal , take a printscreen and it shows a notification ,but because of alledgely an iOS constraint , it can only run for 3 minutes in the background before stopping, which makes it very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

apparently under all the japanese on this page, charmander on may 19th!!

https://pokemongolive.com/ja/events/community-day/apac/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/8cpddc/charmander_community_day_for_may_confirmed_by/?st=jg2kv6cw&sh=36f9af80

「Pokémon GO コミュニティ・デイ」では、トレーナーの皆さんが新しいトレーナーたちに出会ったり、地域のコミュニティをより強く感じられるような機会を、毎月1回ご提供いたします。 このイベントは、月に1度、数時間の間、特定のポケモンが大量発生する特別な日です。さらに、ゲーム内の特別なボーナスも予定していますので、お楽しみに!
    ※5月19日(土)12:00-15:00の間に、リザードからリザードンへ進化させると、そのリザードンは特別なわざを覚えます。 なお、イベント開催時間中であっても、「わざマシン ノーマル」や「わざマシン スペシャル」を利用して、特別なわざを覚えさせることはできません。

=

At "Pokémon GO Community Day", we provide opportunities for trainers to meet new trainers and to feel local community more strongly once a month. This event is a special day when a certain amount of a certain Pokemon occurs once a month, for several hours. In addition, special bonus in the game is planned, so please look forward to it!
    ※ When you evolve from Lizard to Rizhaudon between May 19 (Sat) 12: 00-15: 00, that Lizardard will remember special work. Even during the event holding time, you can not use "Waza Machine Normal" or "Waza Machine Special" to remember special works.

Hopefully it's Blast Burn with a similar power to Frenzy Plant. Could turn Charizard into one of the best fire types in the game :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

syboit wrote: »
    apparently under all the japanese on this page, charmander on may 19th!!

https://pokemongolive.com/ja/events/community-day/apac/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/8cpddc/charmander_community_day_for_may_confirmed_by/?st=jg2kv6cw&sh=36f9af80

「Pokémon GO コミュニティ・デイ」では、トレーナーの皆さんが新しいトレーナーたちに出会ったり、地域のコミュニティをより強く感じられるような機会を、毎月1回ご提供いたします。 このイベントは、月に1度、数時間の間、特定のポケモンが大量発生する特別な日です。さらに、ゲーム内の特別なボーナスも予定していますので、お楽しみに!
    ※5月19日(土)12:00-15:00の間に、リザードからリザードンへ進化させると、そのリザードンは特別なわざを覚えます。 なお、イベント開催時間中であっても、「わざマシン ノーマル」や「わざマシン スペシャル」を利用して、特別なわざを覚えさせることはできません。

=

At "Pokémon GO Community Day", we provide opportunities for trainers to meet new trainers and to feel local community more strongly once a month. This event is a special day when a certain amount of a certain Pokemon occurs once a month, for several hours. In addition, special bonus in the game is planned, so please look forward to it!
    ※ When you evolve from Lizard to Rizhaudon between May 19 (Sat) 12: 00-15: 00, that Lizardard will remember special work. Even during the event holding time, you can not use "Waza Machine Normal" or "Waza Machine Special" to remember special works.
    That would be great; I only recently discovered my fully developed Charmander is actually a 100% 'mon I developed back around level 15 purely to get the dex entry and hence I need a metric ton or two of candy to get him up to level.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Thirdfox wrote: »
    4 shinies but the main thing was my 10ks hatching 3 wonder trapinches...

Means I've finally finished the local dex - have a living dex of every pokemon available in ireland plus gen 1 regionals: 365 caught/ 369 seen :D

Fair play to you.
    I’m still hoping for Wynaut or Chimecho hatch, on the last part of Mew quest chain and only need 10 candy to evolve my Bagon. (180km so far) Also need to get a Latias, not done any lvl 5 raids here recently.

362/368

ShazGV wrote: »

Don’t use one that requires a login for iOS. High chance you’ll get a warning and shadow ban for using third party apps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Btw for anyone who's had issues with finishing the "3 excellents in a row" quest here are some pointers:

As someone who has thrown his fair share of balls at pokes (55k pokes caught - quite a few with the go plus to be fair) I did find it difficult to complete this quest (and had to delete it the first time round to make way for other quests as I was wandering around the city in search of rare candy quests). I'm more the great curveball kinda guy usually...

However, my second time round I sat down - thought about what this task entails and completed the task within 3 hours of getting it.

Here are my tips for anyone who find it a difficult task to complete:

1. Select the right mon - there are two branches to this selection: a) you can select mons with large hit boxes i.e. slowpoke, Mr. Mime (for Europeans), ponyta, onix, zangoose etc. or b) you can select largo quest reward pokemon like marcargo or onix. It was funny though - for my Mew quest I actually got an excellent curveball on a Minun of all things...

2. Don't curve the ball! - counter-instinctively it's better to not curve the ball - straight throws are much easier to replicate in my personal observations - each time you are releasing the ball at the same spot on your screen. It's understandable that some people are used to throwing curveballs - however, the benefit of not curving the ball is twofold - 1) the entirely subjective opinion that it is an easier motion to replicate on the same mon but more importantly 2) lowers your catch rate multiplier (1.7x for a curveball).

3. Nanabs are your friend - after my 1st excellent I will nanab the next two - this is especially useful for quest encounter pokemon which tend to jump around a lot.

4. You don't want to catch the pokemon

a) this ties in with don't throw a curveball (and get the catch bonus multiplier)

b) instead you want to be hitting excellents on the same pokemon - i.e. have the pokemon break out of the ball but not run

c) So use the ordinary balls - not great or ultras

d) this has the benefit of requiring you to hit the same hitbox in short order - it's easier to hit 3 ponytas in a row than switching between ponyta to onix to zangoose (never mind the fact that you need to find a suitable mon in the first place).

e) Mini-PSA - go plus catches during the streak doesn't break the streak so if you were inclined to catch mons or if you caught your first ponyta you can still go around auto-catching mons without worrying about breaking your streak.

f) This also ties in with reward encounter pokemon - they can't run away - so if you get the onix reward (3 great throws in a row) you can toss balls at him all day without worrying about him running... perversely you're actually worried about catching him!

Following the above and finding a cooperative Zangoose (who, due to the high cp broke out of 3 straight ordinary pokeballs but luckily for me didn't run) - I was able to get the 14 larvitar candy as a reward and the task didn't occupy my quest slot for too long (or make me afraid of manually catching mons which might have broken any streak I had built up).

Advertisement