Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Double XP purloin at 6pm no shiny good time to open a meltan box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Free Rewards (4 golden ras, 8 balls and 4 Silver Pinapps):

https://rewards.nianticlabs.com/pokemongo/signin

Code is: EMRK2EZWLVSSZDC5

You can read all the info here:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pokemon-go-promo-codes-list-how-to-redeem-ios-android-4819

Valid until April 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Any Dublin based players? Only back into the game after 3 years looking to link up for future raids / trade.

Andrew93 wrote: »
    Any Dublin based players? Only back into the game after 3 years looking to link up for future raids / trade.

Plenty of active WhatsApp and telegram groups around Dublin.

Try to find a good level 4 or 5 egg hatching and be there before hatch.
    You will probably find others players.
    At this stage most are powerful enough to take raid solo or duo so people aren't looking out for other players the way they used to when ra9ds 1st appeared.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I miss getting out to play as much as I used to. Being very rural is a bit rough for playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Darksoul

Angron wrote: »
    I miss getting out to play as much as I used to. Being very rural is a bit rough for playing.

You will get used to it after a while trust me I cut down big time myself ,there's only 2 pokestops where I live 10 mins walk apart. And the next nearest ones are a good 20 mins drive to a gym and maybe 5 pokestops, I used to live in a town and it was full of pokestops, slowly getting my 3rd alt account to lvl 40 , thank god for friends that's the only way I play now opening gifts 😂

Diemos wrote: »
    Plenty of active WhatsApp and telegram groups around Dublin.

^^^ any idea how I can get involved in these groups?? Only level 32 and freshly back playing have 2 current legendaries would love to get more but will certainly need help.

^^^ any idea how I can get involved in these groups?? Only level 32 and freshly back playing have 2 current legendaries would love to get more but will certainly need help.

Yeah, what area are you in?

I'll try to get you added.

Diemos wrote: »
    Yeah, what area are you in?

I'll try to get you added.

Dublin, Northside. Would greatly appreciate it thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well that's a nice surprise, got a 15/15/13 shiny Exeggcute today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Nice surprise here too - shiny event Pikachu

509096.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

been hatching egg after egg after egg and not a single shiny :( yet it feels like ive seen 1000 pictures of shundo riolu's ffs

I've done well, got shiny Riolu, Pichu, two Togepi, and got a random shiny Seel today.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Tyrogue and happiny aplenty, some Riolu, No shiny, no hundo !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Not one shiney here either. Trying to hatch as many as I can but not one shiney

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Caught a few shiny pokemon in the wild but no shiny from hatching during this event.

Easily hatched 20-30 riolu this event no shinies yet all I see on reddit is people getting them. Same with marill must have encountered 100+ not one shiny

Abra Day Saturday April 25 11-5

Abra will photobomb triple stardust three hour incense

Got a shiny riolu earlier on,nothing else exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Easily hatched 20-30 riolu this event no shinies yet all I see on reddit is people getting them. Same with marill must have encountered 100+ not one shiny

Don't worry, you'll only ever see the trainers that get shinies.
    The many, many more that don't get them don't say anything.
    Maybe 10% of my 2 local groups got shinies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I hatched a shiny Togepi last night, only shiny hatch in this event. He cant be evolved :(

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Put my last 2km egg today, it was a ****ing luvdisc :mad:
    :D

Hatched almost 100 eggs (bought a walking machine because the lockdown here means we can't even go outside, desperate times :o ) and only got one shiny (pichu) and one hundo (also pichu), meanwhile i see people with multiple shiny riolus and more :( So jealous.

I got a shiny sentret during the incense event, wooooow. I know Niantic are trying to keep the game going and their ideas are good, but sentret was not the star I wanted in any event :pac:

Canard wrote: »
    Hatched almost 100 eggs (bought a walking machine because the lockdown here means we can't even go outside, desperate times :o ) and only got one shiny (pichu) and one hundo (also pichu), meanwhile i see people with multiple shiny riolus and more :( So jealous.

I got a shiny sentret during the incense event, wooooow. I know Niantic are trying to keep the game going and their ideas are good, but sentret was not the star I wanted in any event :pac:

The walking machine are they worth it? It's a good idea tbh ,I'm sick of hitting close to 50km and not getting those last few little km in.

Got two crappy shiny bunnyrats on my third account which was the only one that really put any effort into played the first and second hour on my main account sent the gifts to 20 friends caught loads of Ponyta but no shiny very disappointed bought my ticket for Abra day but will go on evil rampage if I don't get many many shinies it's a six hour event with photobomb enabled for Abra too.

Am wondering will there be anything for Earth Day on Wednesday. Really wish I'd gone for the Liverpool ticket now looks like it was worthwhile for many online.

There is a special expensive box on Saturday seems to have a legacy TM not sure of all the details yet hopefully they'll come out by days end

josip wrote: »
    Does your phone drift? From any part of your home?
    I'd never make the 50km either if it wasn't for the fact that I get 3-4 km drift per night from 1 place in an upstairs room when they're placed in a particular orientation :)

My best guess why it happens is that at that point and orientation, the house wifi is weaker and GPS signal stronger, so for the device location software, they are equally consistent/inconsistent sources and they fight it out for superiority all night.

I'm afraid very slightly it drifts only when I have my phone data on and the wireless on as well but in furthest room away from the router,I might sneak in about 3km every week, I noticed on two accounts the iPhone 6s along with my Huawei mobile p30 lite, huge difference in clocking up the Kms as well, I'd have them both on and the iPhone is terrible for getting the kms racked up whereas my main account on Huawei picks up all the Kms I walk it's weird.

I'd probably buy the walker for the iPhone tbh. Need to get it to lvl 40 asap. I live in middle of nowhere so hugely rely on egg hatching and gifts from friends to level up faster.

Kinda hope they don't leave Abra's whole thing of teleporting if you don't get it on the first ball :/ Would be gutting to lose a shiny that way, but its catch rate isn't bad.
    Darksoul wrote: »
    The walking machine are they worth it? It's a good idea tbh ,I'm sick of hitting close to 50km and not getting those last few little km in.

I'd say yes! They're very flimsy and there's nothing more annoying than waking up and seeing it stopped during the night (which happens to me a lot), but it hatches a 2km egg about once every 15 minutes, great for getting candy and you'll easily hit 50km. The first week I had it it worked like a charm, I think I got like 250 km, woke up one day with a 5k buddy and earned 10 candies in one go :p

Had my postponed Liverpool event spawns yesterday, got 17 shinies, including 2 that I really wanted (Tentacool and Lileep).

I caught a decent amount of shinies across both accounts today, but not a single Abra worthy of evolving. So I evolved my two weakest shinies, did a lucky trade on the Kedabras, and ended up with two very low CP 100% lucky shinies. Evolved and maxed out now. So it was worth holding onto that lucky trade for months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I'm back playing for 2 months now after taking nearly 3 years out. Currently struggling at 4* and 5* raids and wondering if there's anybody around Dublin 5 who does raids?

Advertisement