Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Kanto was a lovely Research to do
    My only regret is doing it so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Johto starts on Friday 1pm am hopeful it'll be as doable as Kanto

I find it very annoying that sinnoh stone are very hard to come by. I have a few pokemon that need to be evolved but need that stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭allen175

pew wrote: »
    I find it very annoying that sinnoh stone are very hard to come by. I have a few pokemon that need to be evolved but need that stone

Do some GBL, I find them quite common on that, I have 18 Sinnoh stones, most which I got from GBL.

allen175 wrote: »
    Do some GBL, I find them quite common on that, I have 18 Sinnoh stones, most which I got from GBL.

I've done a few but I'll persist with it.

• Advertisement

Just had an absolutely horrible run in Go Battle League trying to get Rufflet. Before starting my win rate was 85/140 ; that's now gone down to 90/159. 5 wins out of 19 and 3 or 4 premium raid passes later I finally have the damn bird, but it's made me real sick of PvP right now. :( My battle rating has gone down nearly 1,000 points.

I've always stuck with the same team and they've done me fairly well up to now but I think this has shown a need for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Train against one of the Team Leaders once a day and you'll either get stardust, a Sinnoh Stone or rare candy. I get a couple a week doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Train against one of the Team Leaders once a day and you'll either get stardust, a Sinnoh Stone or rare candy. I get a couple a week doing this.

thanks for the tip Kavrocks!! I wasn't aware of it.

No grass Pokemon after 3 incense so I used remote pass for bulbs raid now I need to walk 1k for candy am house bound I need to brake out my cracked screen phone with the drifting GPS. Still no leaks of the next research tasks want to try hand on to my raid passes in case they're part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Been smashing PvP the last few days with my new team in Great League of Venusaur, Lanturn and Jirachi :) There was one or two sets that I only won 1/5 but the rest have been 4 or even 5! Finally got a Rufflet too :)
    Just had an absolutely horrible run in Go Battle League trying to get Rufflet. Before starting my win rate was 85/140 ; that's now gone down to 90/159. 5 wins out of 19 and 3 or 4 premium raid passes later I finally have the damn bird, but it's made me real sick of PvP right now. :( My battle rating has gone down nearly 1,000 points.

I've always stuck with the same team and they've done me fairly well up to now but I think this has shown a need for change.
    I'm surprised you got one! They're so rare, I just got my first one today at long last :) I find the best way to decide what to change is pick something and before changing, do a few battles and see if you would've been screwed on the first Pokemon or not :p
    No grass Pokemon after 3 incense so I used remote pass for bulbs raid now I need to walk 1k for candy am house bound I need to brake out my cracked screen phone with the drifting GPS. Still no leaks of the next research tasks want to try hand on to my raid passes in case they're part of it.

I feel like I saw an infographic with all of the researches on it somewhere. Can't remember any of the tasks though :pac: But they were easy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Canard wrote: »
    I'm surprised you got one! They're so rare, I just got my first one today at long last :).......

Hence why I'm hoping to just trade a Rufflet with someone. Maybe it will get released in the wild in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Can someone explain the difference between IV and PvP IV? I know PvP IV is for PVP but where if anywhere is IV relevant then? Raids? Some of my Pokemon have IVs in the 90s but their PvP IV is in the 40s, are they any good for anything?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Can someone explain the difference between IV and PvP IV? I know PvP IV is for PVP but where if anywhere is IV relevant then? Raids? Some of my Pokemon have IVs in the 90s but their PvP IV is in the 40s, are they any good for anything?
    For raiding read here on break points; IVs are not really relevant as it's the break points that matter and those are specific stat driven (in general the attack break point is more important than defense simply because of how much damage a raid boss deals in a normal attack).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

FunLover18 wrote: »

Nothing, each pokemon has its own IV spread, wether its 15/15/15=100iv or 0/0/0=0iv .

IV's for raids/master league its better to have the highest possible, for great/ultra league most its low attack, high hp/def. (unless that pokemon's cp tops out before the limits 1500,2500, then you need the best iv's (azumarril/sableye))

After all that, does a 100iv dragonite do more damage than a 50iv dragonite at a raid, possibly but its probably so low, might not be worth it for a lot of people to worry about it.

I use this site to check iv's for pvp,

https://gostadium.club/pvp/iv

IV refers to the 3 stats each pokemon has Attack/Defense/HP. So when you appraise ingame you will get a score from 0-15 for each.
    Perfect (or hundo) is 15/15/15. This is the best IV you can get.
    In Pokemon Go the mechanism give greater weight to the attack stat.

IVs have been in the game since the start, but the new ingame appraise makes it easier to get the exact stats. In theory the higher then stats the better the pokemon. But personally I caught a 100% (15/15/15) Machop, but it was 49 CP, after evolving twice it was only <900 CP. So Ive used a lot of candy to boost it up to <1500.

But in reality the difference between a 1/1/1 and a 15/15/15 will be about 10% "better" at dealing damage during raids. So its not essential to have 100% pokemon unless its a very competitive gym scene, where that extra 5 seconds in a gym allows you to golden razz the defender. Mostly the ownership of "hundo's" is for bragging rights.

However for PvP because of the CP ceilings in the different leagues 100% may actually be 'too good'.
    EG a Dragonite with 12/14/15 may actually be better than 15/15/15 because it can be powered up to 1500 CP, thus being still able for Great league. (random example, not to be taken as actual fact)
    The idea of 'breakpoints' for pokemon is also an efficiency rating. EG. that 15/15/15 Dragonite may be as useful as a 14/14/14 specimen. This is because each pokemon has a breakpoint where higher stat doesnt actually give better performance. Its different for each pokmeon but generally its from 12 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Cheers guys I appreciate that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I'm happy, managed to get shiny Dunsparce off an incense at home :D

Damnnn you You get all the shinies :p

did anyone get the blue voltorb from the US safari zone event

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nope, would like one though, it's a nice shade of blue.

I'm just out now at non Covid19 doctors appointment am gonna get some sneaky raids in when I'm done

• Advertisement

How is everyone finding the Johto challenge?

I'm trying to catch a fighting pokemon to get to stage 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Darksoul

I actually had a problem getting a flying type Pokémon at the start,bare in mind im in middle of no where and not near a pokestop nevermind a gym,just use incense and eventually it pays off.other then that it was a grand challenge I liked it overall, me personally I didn't like do a raid ...it meant I had to walk 5km to nearest gym and by pure luck a raid was starting in 10 mins,a lvl 5 and I entered it and took it down myself halfway and died and got that notched off.

The snubbull event was enjoyable I liked it and only problem I had was 3 great throws in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I finished it yesterday. I got lucky, for some reason machops kept showing up :)

Some of the bugs are flying type and Machop has been popping up in all of my incense today

Flew through it today. Lots of Skarmory, Misdrevus, Swinub, Machops, Mareep to fulfill all the tasks.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Yeah finished it off as well today, was stuck on fighting type since yesterday but machop appeared off an incense quickly enough.

I got 1 hundo and 6 shinies from the snubbull research, and one shiny totodile as well. One of the kids got no shiny snubbull all day, very salty. Gave him one of mine for now

I got 1 hundo and 6 shinies from the snubbull research, and one shiny totodile as well. One of the kids got no shiny snubbull all day, very salty. Gave him one of mine for now

Six! :eek: I didn't get a single shiny all day. Never mind your kid, I'm salty now. :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Six! :eek: I didn't get a single shiny all day. Never mind your kid, I'm salty now. :mad:

Got a shiny dunsparce this morning too.
    Sorry :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Got 1 shiny Snubby on 2 accounts after 3 sets of tasks and nothing for another 10 sets on both.

Advertisement