Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got 5 shines across 3 accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Got 3 shiny snubbull and a shiny machop over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Cleared the throwback challenge and got my Ho Oh! Only got 1 shiny over the weekend.

Finally caught Celebi, very difficult
    Took me absolute ages to catch it.

Nonshiny Ho-oh from throwback still no shiny Pikachu neither

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I got 3 shiny snubbull but didn't bother doing it on any other accounts, it was fun and relaxingly easy but didn't feel like repeating it.

Absolutely GAGGING for shiny skarmory :pac: But no luck so far.

Got 21/25 on my first spin in the new GBL season! My team is acing it :)

Shiny Voltorb looks great, didn't even hear about that release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Since the 29th of April I've got shiny Misdreavus, Geodude, Sentret a few Snubbull and evolved one to Granbull and two Skarmory. I got 3 hundos in that period too - Krabby, Alomomola and a Mantine

Edit to add I just caught another shiny Snubbull in the wild from my couch at home

Seedot community day Sunday May 24th 11-5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's not great, another PvP thing.

At least Virizion and Terrakion are coming back with shinies.

Now that the PvP league has been restarted, I've won 9 out of my first 10 matches. Seems like my team is great at low ranks but by the time I hit Rank 7 or 8 it's no longer competitive enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Also randomly hatched a shiny Grimer; I thought it was just a standard Alolan at first until I looked closer!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Now that the PvP league has been restarted, I've won 9 out of my first 10 matches. Seems like my team is great at low ranks but by the time I hit Rank 7 or 8 it's no longer competitive enough. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Also randomly hatched a shiny Grimer; I thought it was just a standard Alolan at first until I looked closer!

Me too, walked through levels 1-3 but now getting tougher at Level 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Is anyone else having trouble purchasing the one Pokécoin boxes? If I try to click 'exchange' nothing happens.

You can't buy it if you have 3 remote raid passes in your item box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

glenjamin wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble purchasing the one Pokécoin boxes? If I try to click 'exchange' nothing happens.

Yeah, I got that too. I just figured it was because I already had three Remote Raid passes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Apparently if you only have 2 remote passes you can buy the 1 coin box

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pokemonaddict

Only started back with pokemon 2 weeks level 31 I'm at not many in my area play to make a friend how is everyone completing challenges with make a new friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Only started back with pokemon 2 weeks level 31 I'm at not many in my area play to make a friend how is everyone completing challenges with make a new friend?

this thread is good for finding people

Finally beat Arlo after 15 tries yesterday found Giovanni just after 6 breezed past him first time reward a 7-8-5 Shadow Entei

Got a good few Carvanha across my accounts also got a shiny Murkrow on a new account I set up last week third unique shiny I've gotten on it barboach and Suduwoodo were the other two.

Finally beat Arlo after 15 tries yesterday found Giovanni just after 6 breezed past him first time reward a 7-8-5 Shadow Entei

Arlo's a nightmare, his Pokémon have such a wide movepool that it's impossible to predict what will work and what won't. I hate that damn Mawile of his! :mad: Last time I encountered him my final Pokémon fainted at the same time as his - thankfully it still registered as a win!

Cliff was always beatable, Sierra was tough at first but they made her a lot easier by saddling her with a Beldum. I reckon they still keep Arlo difficult to compensate Valour for Candela clearly being the weakest of the three Team leaders! :P

I must admit I really struggled with Giovanni the first time I encountered him but he's very doable once you find the right counter - Giratina with Dragon Claw can take hits from Giovanni's Persian and can fire off two charged moves quickly enough to use up both of Giovanni's shields on the first battle.

3 Rhyperior whooped him for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Got a good few Carvanha across my accounts also got a shiny Murkrow on a new account I set up last week third unique shiny I've gotten on it barboach and Suduwoodo were the other two.

Bugger, completely forgot about the event today. Was at home, could have had the game open on the phone.

Anyone else getting constant cooldowns from Wayfarer? After about 30 reviews, three times in a row.

Maybe the anomaly in my reviews is that I have actually started rejecting some of the worst ones instead of having a free for all five star bonanza every day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone else getting constant cool downs from Wayfarer? After about 30 reviews, three times in a row.

Maybe the anomaly in my reviews is that I have actually started rejecting some of the worst ones instead of having a free for all five star bonanza every day.
    As you're saying constantly I'm guessing you're getting the 4h cool downs (there's also a random 24h cool down which triggers for no known reason for people inc. before they even review once!).

The 4h cool down as far as I've worked out has at least two different triggers; the first one being reviewing to quickly (Wayfarer+ with 20s cool down sorts that out). The second issue which appears to become much more commonly recently is on the descriptions you add in when rejecting a stop. I would usually have "Mass produced" as a copied response ready because it was by far the most common reason for rejection (i.e. mass produced signs etc.). I've used it that way for over a year without issues but recently I've been getting 4h bans for it. Hence I started changing it up to Mass produced sign, mass produced xyz, same with rejecting benches etc. Knock on wood but that appears to have sorted it out for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Is there a way of finding out which pokemon you're still to find in a specific region on the Pokedex?

Check the Pokédex it's split into the regions

No one was doing remote raids in my area last night spent the full hour 6-7 clicking on the two visible gyms no one was there. Will be out for appointment later am hoping I come across something.

Nody wrote: »
    As you're saying constantly I'm guessing you're getting the 4h cool downs (there's also a random 24h cool down which triggers for no known reason for people inc. before they even review once!).

The 4h cool down as far as I've worked out has at least two different triggers; the first one being reviewing to quickly (Wayfarer+ with 20s cool down sorts that out). The second issue which appears to become much more commonly recently is on the descriptions you add in when rejecting a stop. I would usually have "Mass produced" as a copied response ready because it was by far the most common reason for rejection (i.e. mass produced signs etc.). I've used it that way for over a year without issues but recently I've been getting 4h bans for it. Hence I started changing it up to Mass produced sign, mass produced xyz, same with rejecting benches etc. Knock on wood but that appears to have sorted it out for now.

I worked out alright not to use the phrase "mass produced"! I use more roundabout ways of expressing this such as "common" and "not unique". Nearly afraid to review anything now!

I've had two submissions in voting for 14 days now. I wonder if many people are as afraid as I am of getting it wrong and earning another timeout.

Play Pokemon go in style

https://pokemon.originalstitch.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Anyone able to catch a Ground-type Pokemon for the Sinnoh Throwback event?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

glenjamin wrote: »
    Anyone able to catch a Ground-type Pokemon for the Sinnoh Throwback event?

Not yet, and a good few people looking for one.
    Will go wandering tomorrow and hopefully find a sandshrew rocket. That or battle league might be the best options.
    Or wild Gible maybe?!

Advertisement