Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Its not a great reward that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Was imagining earlier how chaotic it would be if they ever sold stardust and rare candies!

Did 8 Reshiram raids earlier and oh my god, every single one I caught was sh1te. And it's gotten way harder to catch! Thankful that I got two really good ones before :)

Trade you a trapinch for one :p

Hahaha, honestly, they're both a dime a dozen now... at least I'd get 3 candies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I've been doing ok with Giratina, Articuno and Venusaur. The former two only have two moves though (takes a lot of candy to teach an extra move to a legendary) and latter is really slow; I've just changed its fast move from Razor Leaf to the less powerful Vine Whip, so hopefully that will help with speed, and I could use Elite TM to teach it Frenzy Plant but not sure I wanna use up my one Elite TM just yet (then again, if I don't it might just sit there forever unused!)

Lots of people are running Swampert so having a grass type is a good idea. And your Giratina will almost certainly come up against another Giratina so be prepared for that. I've seen Armoured Mewtwo come up, as well as some steel types like Lucario and Scizor, presumably to counter fairy types; I tried using Metagross but it's even slower than Venusaur so I swapped it out for Articuno.

Razor Leaf Venasuar is a BEAST, yes it's slow but it's unstoppable.
    You can't shield it.
    I hold mine in the back, most trainers hold their shield until the end, then boom the last pokemon doesn't even use charge moves. I win a lot of battles with shields remaining for the other trainer.

Against swampert, even a fast switch out will take 33% of their energy, if they are slow you'll get well over 50%. It hold it's own vs Giratina, it loses but Girtatina will have very little left. it does work very well with Articuno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I just realised that the Throwback challenge is only open to those who completed all 4 weeklys?
    I sat on task 9/9 for Cresselia week for 4 days to sync with XP and forgot to claim it in time.
    That was bad enough, but to be excluded from this whole challenge is a 2nd kick in the proverbs.

You can buy it for €7.99 but the tasks will probably require an ultra box or adventure box for the 15 raid passes s and incubator so this is a cash grab rather than a reward :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You can buy it for €7.99 but the tasks will probably require an ultra box or adventure box for the 15 raid passes s and incubator so this is a cash grab rather than a reward :(
    It's not time limited though; so if there are any 1*/2*/3* raids available locally then using the free raid pass is an option (and you can "socket walk" the eggs using the free incubator.

That's my plan it's gonna take me ages to walk the eggs even with the half distance I'm out now up to 700m on my only 2k egg which is only 1k thanks to the half measure it's a pity it's not battle 15 raids rather than win the 3rd or 4th step has catch a dragon so that'll be a 5* raid to do that one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's my plan it's gonna take me ages to walk the eggs even with the half distance I'm out now up to 700m on my only 2k egg which is only 1k thanks to the half measure it's a pity it's not battle 15 raids rather than win the 3rd or 4th step has catch a dragon so that'll be a 5* raid to do that one.

Well at the moment Alolan Exeggutor is a boss, so that's part dragon, and when bosses change for Zekrom there's a decent chance Bagon or something could be in T1 raids.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

josip wrote: »
    I just realised that the Throwback challenge is only open to those who completed all 4 weeklys?
    I sat on task 9/9 for Cresselia week for 4 days to sync with XP and forgot to claim it in time.
    That was bad enough, but to be excluded from this whole challenge is a 2nd kick in the proverbs.

Good plan but unfortunate timing. Looks like you have to pay if you want the rewards.
    Although Galatian stunfisk seems pretty common, I caught 5 today.

And 7km eggs have the 4 Galatian pokemon (although mixed with 4 normal forms too)

Hatched a shiny Scyther this evening! :D

Evolved him straight away, it's strange how shiny Scizor is so much closer to Scyther in colour than regular Scizor - feels like the regular should be the shiny and vice versa.

Not sure what happened but I didn't catch the last Sinnoh throwback Pokemon so I didn't get the championship throwback there's no way in hell I'm paying €8 for it neither :(

On the plus side I hatched a shiny cubone

Not sure what happened but I didn't catch the last Sinnoh throwback Pokemon so I didn't get the championship throwback there's no way in hell I'm paying €8 for it neither :(

On the plus side I hatched a shiny cubone

You miss out on a Genesect but it will surely come back in Tier 5 raids.
    You still can hatch Galar pokemon from 7km eggs.

I've cut back on my account immediately I'll probably get back into it in a few weeks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tenger wrote: »
    You miss out on a Genesect but it will surely come back in Tier 5 raids.
    You still can hatch Galar pokemon from 7km eggs.

Before the current... Everything, Genesect was going to be the next EX raid boss, so I imagine that's still the plan when things go back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Level 38+ can now start reviewing pokestops on wayfarer

https://twitter.com/NianticLabs/status/1270039830479552517?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Weedle.... ****ing really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Weedle.... ****ing really?

It's to make it up to those who missed Pidgey hour back in April... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Darksoul

Wondering with all this stuff happening worldwide with statues being removed etc will a few pokestops get removed soon?

Weedle was gonna win since that wasn't shiny,I blame Twitter users for voting that one.

Might be a good idea to hoard weedles I'm sure alot us have candies to mass evolve like the good old days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Darksoul wrote: »
    Wondering with all this stuff happening worldwide with statues being removed etc will a few pokestops get removed soon?
    Only if they are reported in and Niantic support gets an updated photosphere there confirming they are gone (if not they are unlikely to be removed).

Those choices were so appallingly bad. Like okay, I get it, they don't want something too cool in case people go outside and get COVID. But Abra and Seedot were fun, and they made it doable from home, so wtf is this?

I'm glad it's not Gastly anyway but I would've loved Sandshrew, or why didn't they give us the option of Machop/Vulpix again? :(
    (I know Machop's already been released but he's soooo cool)

Green Kakuna Mon that sound good to me

I like the Kakuna and Beedrill shinies, so I'm happy with it. Less excited for Gastly next month though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Green Kakuna Mon that sound good to me
    Angron wrote: »
    I like the Kakuna and Beedrill shinies, so I'm happy with it. Less excited for Gastly next month though.

Ah yeah, i'll be delighted to have more shinies, and i suppose for some people who didn't start when the game released they may not have all evolutions, but still. It does seem like a slap in the face, IMO.

I reckon they could have gone with Solosis or Gothita...

As i said, i'm very very jaded, as i've almost finished the pokedex for the johto, hoenn and sinnoh region...

I've seen the supposed options for the next CD votes:

Charmander
    Caterpie
    Grimer
    Porygon

And then the one after that:

Bulbasaur
    Magikarp
    Exeggcute
    Starly.

They were put in to the code a while back, when they originally planned to do the voting through completing the tasks at pokestops like was done for the Rhyhorn day.

The monthly nature of CD makes it inevitable that "duds" will start to happen after the initial excitement.
    If you don't like it don't play that day.

I'd love more red metapod its class looking definitely want more Charmander too

Ooooh Porygon and Starly would be my definite choices, both so cool looking :)

I really hope they don't end up repeating starter CDays, that's so annoying... they could just do them as a limited research task instead. There are tons of cool Pokemon who don't have shinies yet that aren't 10k egg either like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Tenger wrote: »
    The monthly nature of CD makes it inevitable that "duds" will start to happen after the initial excitement.
    If you don't like it don't play that day.

I suppose the times we are in right now are probably dictating a lot of the choices too, can imagine once lockdowns are removed we might get better CD's. I've no interest in some of the current ones, but the lure of a new move gets me looking in case of FOMO :D

Advertisement