Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody used 'MUMS' as a Letting Agent?

Options
  • 22-03-2018 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Evening All,

I own a currently-vacant apartment in a Citywest development managed by a company called MUMS. A representative of MUMS recently contacted me to say that, as well as their existing duty as the "management company", they now also operate as a letting agency for individual units.

I've always avoided letting agencies in the past, preferring to fill the apartment myself and deal with tenants directly. But I'm tempted to engage MUMS as a letting agent for my apartment -- their dual capacity as management company and letting agency means that they have a deep knowledge of the properties, and a frequent presence on the ground. In theory (and I know these might be famous last words), it could constitute a superior letting service.

My question: has anybody used MUMS as a letting agency? Or know of anybody who has? Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Hi Botcho,
    I am part of the same development and will be using MUMS when i rent my property. They charge 11% which is obviously tax deductible. Its a little higher then your standard letting agency but i think its worth it, as you said that they are always on  site. They also said that if the tennant were to have an issue, and its resolved within 30mins it is free, if not is 22 an hour, but again repair are deductible too. 
    Will you go with them yourself. I personally find them great to deal with and very helpful when i had any issues with the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

They also said that if the tennant were to have an issue, and its resolved within 30mins it is free, if not is 22 an hour
    When do you get notified of the estimated quote? Before the work, or after with the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

the_syco wrote: »
    They also said that if the tennant were to have an issue, and its resolved within 30mins it is free,  if not is 22 an hour
    When do you get notified of the estimated quote? Before the work, or after with the bill?
    I'm sure if there were any work that needed to be done, they would contact you firstly regardless how long it would take.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Omar205

Bochto wrote: »
    Evening All,

I own a currently-vacant apartment in a Citywest development managed by a company called MUMS. A representative of MUMS recently contacted me to say that, as well as their existing duty as the "management company", they now also operate as a letting agency for individual units.

I've always avoided letting agencies in the past, preferring to fill the apartment myself and deal with tenants directly. But I'm tempted to engage MUMS as a letting agent for my apartment -- their dual capacity as management company and letting agency means that they have a deep knowledge of the properties, and a frequent presence on the ground. In theory (and I know these might be famous last words), it could constitute a superior letting service.

My question: has anybody used MUMS as a letting agency? Or know of anybody who has? Any advice, greatly appreciated.

How did the experience turn out to be if you don't mind me asking?

Advertisement