Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Patrick street is bus only from Thursday 9th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

You certainly are whining.
    In case you can’t keep up, I said on here that it’s worth a trial to see if it works out. So if I’m Mr Mildred, it must make you Mr Magoo.

Don't spend all day on the internet like yourself to read all the posts, all I saw was your whinging ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    Don't spend all day on the internet .......
    You certainly appear to.
    And you continue whining.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The idea is that they'd sell their valuable plot of land and purchase a new premises elsewhere on the outskirts of the city for less.

More urban sprawl then...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

FrStone wrote: »

No. Build higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Namloc specifically said that she wanted these businesses to  "purchase a new premises elsewhere on the outskirts of the city for less" .
    That's urban sprawl in my book...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What's your point? Let's not develop anything because "they" might beg.

Ya they ruined popes quay and took away so many car parking spaces with a huge footpath.

Repating this over and over doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. A quick search on Google reveals numerous campaigns for playground facilities in and around the city - take a look.

Nobody could possibly say Cork has a reasonable amount of open space for public use unless you're car obsessed and view the city only as a shopping/work destination where you can park your car up.

Fitzgerald park has a playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya they ruined popes quay and took away so many car parking spaces with a huge footpath.

The beggars? Fair play to them.

FrStone wrote: »

Better than vast areas of the city being a semi derelict industrial wasteland. Or perhaps you think that's good.

Fitzgerald park has a playground.

2km from Patrick Street, might as well say there's a playground in Blackpool.

• Advertisement

Can’t people cycle, walk....?

Can’t people cycle, walk....?

By the time you get there with a buggy, it is already raining...

If anything the city needs more, not less, footpaths...

grogi wrote: »
    By the time you get there with a buggy, it is already raining...
    But we're being told it doesn't rain that much, the rain isn't that bad, that kids are being pampered......

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

What huge footpath? Popes Quay was a dump before the cycle lane. It's thriving now. Exactly how many car parking spaces were removed?

Frostybrew wrote: »
    What huge footpath? Popes Quay was a dump before the cycle lane. It's thriving now. Exactly how many car parking spaces were removed?

Where the Mass card shop is, they put a huge footpath there, before they did that you could park the car along there while collecting someone from town or be collected and then you could drive straight up the hill out to Blackpool but you can’t do that anymore you have to go down into the road and can only get out now by the end of Shannon street, before putting the huge footpath you could avoid all that traffic and that route.

Are they too precious to walk there? Also could get the 205 and 208 buses, get off at UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Are they too precious to walk there? Also could get the 205 and 208 buses, get off at UCC.

I think the issue may be lack of parking in the Mardyke.

This is hilarious. Many people on this thread have been moaning that you have to drive right to your work place in the city centre because of the torrential continuous rain in Cork and that walking/bus simply isn't an option but it's grand for kids who live in the city to get some open space. :pac:

Where the Mass card shop is, they put a huge footpath there, before they did that you could park the car along there while collecting someone from town or be collected and then you could drive straight up the hill out to Blackpool but you can’t do that anymore you have to go down into the road and can only get out now by the end of Shannon street, before putting the huge footpath you could avoid all that traffic and that route.

So how many parking spaces were removed?

• Advertisement

So how many parking spaces were removed?

I don’t know but you obviously don’t understand what I said in my earlier post, it’s not about the parking spaces it’s about the inability now to just stop outside the Mass card shop for a couple of minutes to collect or drop someone off and then go up the hill out to Blackpool instead now you have to go all down the road and that cross by shandon street.

This is hilarious. Many people on this thread have been moaning that you have to drive right to your work place in the city centre because of the torrential continuous rain in Cork and that walking/bus simply isn't an option but it's grand for kids who live in the city to get some open space. :pac:

Well I wasn’t one of those people, seeing as I park 30 mins from city center and walk to work from there and last time I checked exercise was good for kids and younger kids would obviously be in buggies.

I don’t know but you obviously don’t understand what I said in my earlier post, it’s not about the parking spaces it’s about the inability now to just stop outside the Mass card shop for a couple of minutes to collect or drop someone off and then go up the hill out to Blackpool instead now you have to go all down the road and that cross by shandon street.

Just to be clear so, Popes Quay is now ruined because it's not possible for you to drop off or collect someone anymore?

Just to be clear so, Popes Quay is now ruined because it's not possible for you to drop off or collect someone anymore?

Yes and go out a route that is a lot less prone to traffic in the evenings. That was a spot that plenty people used for collecting and dropping people. You would always see several people waiting there in the evening to be collected.

Yes and go out a route that is a lot less prone to traffic in the evenings. That was a spot that plenty people used for collecting and dropping people. You would always see several people waiting there in the evening to be collected.

If people ARE waiting to be collected, it literally takes 10 seconds: driver stops the car, person jumps in, driver departs. An in-lane set-down... Might be an issue during rush hours, not so much in the evenings...

Nice footpath is much nicer for the waiting people too.

grogi wrote: »
    If people ARE waiting to be collected, it literally takes 10 seconds: driver stops the car, person jumps in, driver departs. An in-lane set-down... Might be an issue during rush hours, not so much in the evenings...

Nice footpath is much nicer for the waiting people too.

You can not even stop there for one minute now because you are down into the one way road there, you cannot pull in anywhere at the top of that road, you have to drive down into the road.

You can not even stop there for one minute now because you are down into the one way road there, you cannot pull in anywhere at the top of that road, you have to drive down into the road.

Are they too precious to walk or get the bus?

We don't know you or your exact circumstances, but I'm betting there's a very very simple obvious solution to your predicament, if you really put your mind to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

And rightly so. Cars stopping to pick up people and cars waiting for people at that junction were a constant cause of obstruction.

Pope's Quay is a much nicer stretch of street since the changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

This decision is a poor one my business on patrick street is way down over it -these gombeens in city hall havent a clue.Every customer coming in is moaning about it.

Advertisement