Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Patrick street is bus only from Thursday 9th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Dbu wrote: »
    Thats a nasty post about someone you obviously dont know.

What's nasty about it??? Strange. I'm commenting on the dangerous parking and his attitude towards people based on what I've seen. Sorry if you know the guy....... or if you are the guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

And would you be planning to drive your car through Patrick St after you have tanked up on beer?

From his posting history, I don't think nox drives drunk - at least not in the evening!

And would you be planning to drive your car through Patrick St after you have tanked up on beer?

Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

From his posting history, I don't think nox drives drunk - at least not in the evening!

:D That one actually made me laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Mardyke wrote: »
    What's nasty about it??? Strange. I'm commenting on the dangerous parking and his attitude towards people based on what I've seen. Sorry if you know the guy....... or if you are the guy!

No, I dont know him or his business, but it does seem to be extremely successful and employs a lot of people which is to be respected.
    Massive chip there kid. enjoy Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Dbu wrote: »
    No, I dont know him or his business, but it does seem to be extremely successful which is to be respected.
    Massive chip there kid. enjoy Christmas

Dont worry Dbu I was accused of being Monty last week by same person and similar comments based on third party 'I hear'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I know nothing about the business owners you care so much about but I have to say from an outside perspective the amount you talk about them and the energy of your dislike comes across as really strange.

Very strange. Touched a nerve there. No wonder the Patrick St car ban isn't working when people support someone who flouts the law and is against pedistrian safety with regards the ban.

Back on topic....

Yeah guys we're talking about the Pana ban, let's get back on topic slagging off business owners in Mahon

Yeah guys we're talking about the Pana ban, let's get back on topic slagging off business owners in Mahon

Relax chief!
    The topic is about drivers breaking the law on Patrick St.
    Dukes were one of the minority of businesses vocal about not obeying that law.
    Sorry if that offends you!

• Advertisement

Relax chief!
    The topic is about drivers breaking the law on Patrick St.
    Dukes were one of the minority of businesses vocal about not obeying that law.
    Sorry if that offends you!

Yes I'm offended and you've touched a nerve etc etc. Good man.

Whatever dude, keep winning those hearts and minds. I'm just saying, it comes across as unhealthy.

Yes I'm offended and you've touched a nerve etc etc. Good man.

Whatever dude, keep winning those hearts and minds. I'm just saying, it comes across as unhealthy.

Forums are unhealthy. Suggesting that people don't break the law isn't unhealthy? But, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

I don't like the social media personas of Dukes or John Grace. They come across as arrogant and dismissive of other views.

However that wouldn't be a reason for me to wish that their business would fail. They're entitled to have their views and we're entitled to think they're wrong.

Forums are unhealthy. Suggesting that people don't break the law isn't unhealthy? But, each to their own.

Forums are very healthy when people keep to the facts, this is about the Pana ban, not how people conduct their business (and I started this thread 2 years ago)

Your three recent posts attacking the owners of Clancys on another thread and Idaho and Dukes here are all by your own admission on what you've 'heard' and have nothing to do with traffic flow or the policing thereof.

That's what's not healthy

Forums are very healthy when people keep to the facts, this is about the Pana ban, not how people conduct their business (and I started this thread 2 years ago)

Your three recent posts attacking the owners of Clancys on another thread and Idaho and Dukes here are all by your own admission on what you've 'heard' and have nothing to do with traffic flow or the policing thereof.

That's what's not healthy

They are against the Patrick St initiative. That, to me, is mind boggling short-sightedness.

As you can see from this thread, most people support the initiative. You're getting sidetracked in your defence of those vocal people.

They are against the Patrick St initiative. That, to me, is mind boggling short-sightedness.

As you can see from this thread, most people support the initiative. You're getting sidetracked in your defence of those vocal people.

I'm not getting drawn into this any more

Suffice to say none of us brought them into the forum, but by all means reference them in their opinion on the Pana ban for which they are entitled.

Dukes twitter account for Mahon towards their customers has nothing to do with this thread, nor has your third party personal opinion on the owners of Idaho or Clancys.

Apologies if it seems I'm modding here I just don't see the relevance

Very strange. Touched a nerve there. No wonder the Patrick St car ban isn't working when people support someone who flouts the law and is against pedistrian safety with regards the ban.

Back on topic....

You are doing a good job proving my recent point correct that you have it in for nearly every business owner in cork.

You are doing a good job proving my recent point correct that you have it in for nearly every business owner in cork.

You already made a fool of yourself on that one! Don't do it to yourself again!

Anyway, good to see photos on Twitter of Garda stopping cars breaking the ban (possibly yourself nov001?!). Let's keep that up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I know nothing about the business owners you care so much about but I have to say from an outside perspective the amount you talk about them and the energy of your dislike comes across as really strange.

It's quite typical of the anti car brigade - many of them are nasty, spiteful little people who simply cannot stomach anyone who dares to have a differing viewpoint from their own. This thread is littered with examples. The irony is that they and their ilk do huge harm to their own cause but lack the self awareness to see this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

It's quite typical of the anti car brigade - many of them are nasty, spiteful little people who simply cannot stomach anyone who dares to have a differing viewpoint from their own. This thread is littered with examples. The irony is that they and their ilk do huge harm to their own cause but lack the self awareness to see this.

Everything that you have posted in the above quote also applies to the anti ban brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

With regards to this post, I think the saying "people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones" comes to mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK folks, this is just sniping and personal attacks at this stage. Get back on topic and try to have a discussion not a battle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Just found his/her way to the ignore list;)

I'm starting an anti brigade brigade!!

THERE ARE NO FCUKING BRIGADES!!!!!!!!

It's a stupid, lazy, divisive term used by stupid, lazy divisive people making stupid, lazy divisive arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Fire brigade, no?

For the record, in case anyone thinks I'm part of an anti car brigade for supporting the Pana Ban: I drive most days of the week. I'm not anti-car at all.
    I do think it's an inefficient mode of transport for urban areas though. And that we probably ought to stop lugging a couch and two armchairs around town with us, when we're going shopping.

I have the luxury of being able-bodied and can afford tax, insurance, vehicle maintenance costs etc. But some people can't (old, young, people with mobility or vision impairments etc).
    People like me really shouldn't be driving around everywhere, but we're definitely the majority of lazy single-occupant <10km commuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

A proud member of the anti car pro Panaban brigade. I e. the losing side.

THERE ARE NO FCUKING BRIGADES!!!!!!!!

Well. There are those in favour of the Panaban aks the Pro Panaban Brigade and those opposed to the Panaban that believe that city centers are for cars aka the anti Panaban Brigade.

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    Well. There are those in favour of the Panaban aks the Pro Panaban Brigade and those opposed to the Panaban that believe that city centers are for cars aka the anti Panaban Brigade.

Dismissing anyone who doesn't agree with you as being part of a "brigade" is no argument. It dismisses and attempts to belittle the person before ever listening to their argument. It is divisive, disrespectful, stupid and unhelpful. It's up there with libtard, feminazi etc. ect. It's attacking the person rather than their argument.

I am all for the Pana ban. I am not anti car - I have a car. I am and no one else is part of a brigade apart from firemen and soldiers.

Dismissing anyone who doesn't agree with you as being part of a "brigade" is no argument. It dismisses and attempts to belittle the person before ever listening to their argument. It is divisive, disrespectful, stupid and unhelpful. It's up there with libtard, feminazi etc. ect. It's attacking the person rather than their argument.
    I disagree. It's attacking the argument more than the person. The dictionary definition of a brigade is " a group of people who have something in common, especially an enthusiasm for a particular belief or subject"
    So referring to those that are opposed to any restricted access for private cars to Patrick Street as the "anti Panaban Brigade" is appropriate. Similarly those in favour of restrictionscan be referred to as the "Panaban Brigade"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Even if a term is technically correct it's not necessarily useful. Clearly it gets peoples' backs up which isn't condusive towards productive discussion.

Advertisement