Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

Degree info? I just clicked graduate applicant. Didn’t give me the option to write any info about my degree

No as in they gave you the opportunity to put in your LinkedIn profile in the application so if you you have a LinkedIn profile and you had info on what you’re studying etc..presumably they saw it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

RJ123 wrote: »
    No as in they gave you the opportunity to put in your LinkedIn profile in the application so if you you have a LinkedIn profile and you had info on what you’re studying etc..presumably they saw it

Ah right I get ya now

Heading to the fitness test and interview now lads. Anyone else done theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Bagpipe

I sent in my application for general service a few hours ago, would I be waiting weeks or months before hearing any reply?

Bagpipe wrote: »
    I sent in my application for general service a few hours ago, would I be waiting weeks or months before hearing any reply?

You’ll get a reply some time mid June

• Advertisement

You’ll get a reply some time mid June

Thanks for the reply! I presume its the online psychometric then the supervised, then medical and fitness?
    Is there an interview at any time?

Thanks for the reply! I presume its the online psychometric then the supervised, then medical and fitness?
    Is there an interview at any time?

The fitness test, interview and psychometric repeats were on the same day. For mine only 5 people chosen at random did the psychometric test again. Did the fitness test before hand and then the interview in the afternoon. Then you do Garda vetting later on that day. The medical in a few weeks after

The fitness test, interview and psychometric repeats were on the same day. For mine only 5 people chosen at random did the psychometric test again. Did the fitness test before hand and then the interview in the afternoon. Then you do Garda vetting later on that day. The medical in a few weeks after

Oh lovely! Did they just ask you stuff like "where have you shown leadership, experiences that showed you coped well under pressure" etc etc? Or could you give me a rundown of what they asked in the interview if you don't mind? :)

Oh lovely! Did they just ask you stuff like "where have you shown leadership, experiences that showed you coped well under pressure" etc etc? Or could you give me a rundown of what they asked in the interview if you don't mind? :)

They send out an email telling you what areas they will ask you before hand. Usually just stuff like stress management, motivation, teamwork etc. You will pass the interview easily as long as you don't say anything mad and don't say nothing.

Don't be nervous over it like I was. Just be confident and it will be a piece of cake.

Should hear back sometime in the next few days for Cadetship I’d presume. Anybody know what stage we take the personality test they showed in the psychometric handout? I know it wasn’t in the psychometric test itself but heard we take it at a later stage presuming we pass.

• Advertisement

Should hear back sometime in the next few days for Cadetship I’d presume. Anybody know what stage we take the personality test they showed in the psychometric handout? I know it wasn’t in the psychometric test itself but heard we take it at a later stage presuming we pass.

I think it’s either after the assessment stage or after the interview. I don’t think it’s binding to your final results though

I think it’s either after the assessment stage or after the interview. I don’t think it’s binding to your final results though

Ok cool. Was refreshing my email all day lol anxious to hear the results

Anyone receive anything?

Anyone receive anything?

I got the usual "we'll advise you in due course" email but thats about it im afraid :confused:

I got the usual "we'll advise you in due course" email but thats about it im afraid :confused:

That for general service or cadetship? I haven’t received one since I took it but the deadline to finish the psychometric for cadetship only ended two days ago

That for general service or cadetship? I haven’t received one since I took it but the deadline to finish the psychometric for cadetship only ended two days ago

General service, i haven't a notion of when they'll send any stuff so :D

Heard nothing back yet for the Cadetship. May General Service applicants should have got their Garda vetting stuff this week

Lol I can’t stand the wait

Heard nothing back yet for the Cadetship. May General Service applicants should have got their Garda vetting stuff this week

Nothing in my email so i'm not sure whats happening. Maybe they've filled the quota for recruits for the time being?

Nothing in my email so i'm not sure whats happening. Maybe they've filled the quota for recruits for the time being?

Have you done your fitness test yet?

• Advertisement

Have you done your fitness test yet?

I haven't done any test yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Warrior94

Hey, I’ve applied for the cadets this year also and I completed my psychometric tests which I thought were extremely easy, did you say you had done your fitness test? If so were you given the results of your psychometrics test before the fitness? Thanks

Lol I can’t stand the wait

Just got my email for the test there!!

Warrior94 wrote: »
    Hey, I’ve applied for the cadets this year also and I completed my psychometric tests which I thought were extremely easy, did you say you had done your fitness test? If so were you given the results of your psychometrics test before the fitness? Thanks

Have you received anything back from them yet about the test?

Warrior94 wrote: »

But to answer the question yes they tell you before and then tell you what date you do the fitness on not everyone does the fitness because they don’t pass the psychometric.

Just got my email for the test there!!

Congrats! Yeah nothing on my end yet regarding cadets

Congrats! Yeah nothing on my end yet regarding cadets

Next stage for the cadets isn't out yet lads. They are still looking at psychometric test results. Won't be until next week before we hear back. I'm guessing Tuesday.

Just General Service for the months of April and May have done fitness tests and interviews.

Next stage for the cadets isn't out yet lads. They are still looking at psychometric test results. Won't be until next week before we hear back. I'm guessing Tuesday.

Just General Service for the months of April and May have done fitness tests and interviews.

Yeah I’m assuming it might be the US president visit that is delaying things a bit. A lot of the defence forces that are mobilised for the security and logistics of that.

Yeah I’m assuming it might be the US president visit that is delaying things a bit. A lot of the defence forces that are mobilised for the security and logistics of that.

• Advertisement

Usually takes a week anyway for them to organise what days assessments will be on and arranging staff aswell to facilitate it

Advertisement