Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jadee6

Is the Curragh definitely starting in September?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Jadee6 wrote: »
    Is the Curragh definitely starting in September?

All the noises seem to say yes but you never know with the army

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dirtdiver1

Anybody else startin in finner camp in donegal 17th of sept for recruit and 3 star trainin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭ronanc21

Dirtdiver1 wrote: »
    Anybody else startin in finner camp in donegal 17th of sept for recruit and 3 star trainin?
    Yeah i am

Wats d craic wit no runners ir tracksuit on d 1st day dress casual it says so im presumin shirt trousers n shoes if thats d case wat u reckon?

• Advertisement

Wats d craic wit no runners ir tracksuit on d 1st day dress casual it says so im presumin shirt trousers n shoes if thats d case wat u reckon?
    Yeah id say ye would get away with jeans or something too if ye wanted

Ye might do that. U travellin far mate?

Ye might do that. U travellin far mate?
    From Wicklow lad , yourself ?

Jaysus lad thats some drive. headn up from offaly goin t head up on the sunday though leave it handier for the monday mornin

Jaysus lad thats some drive. headn up from offaly goin t head up on the sunday though leave it handier for the monday mornin
    Yeah over 5 hours drive . Im doing the same , better than leaving at 3 or 4 am to get there for 9

• Advertisement

ronanc21 wrote: »
    Yeah over 5 hours drive . Im doing the same , better than leaving at 3 or 4 am to get there for 9

Only 2 and half for me but still d effort of drivin up like the day be long enough witout that

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Armyman12

Anyone still waiting on a medical in cork? Was told I'd be starting training September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 Kerastes

Hey guys, so the second round of recruitment has begun today. I applied. How long should I be waiting for the psychometric test ?

And how long does the whole process take ?

Kerastes wrote: »
    Hey guys, so the second round of recruitment has begun today. I applied. How long should I be waiting for the psychometric test ?

And how long does the whole process take ?
    It will only be a couple of weeks before you get your Psychometric test as for how long the process will be it is hard to tell , I am in the first round of recruitment and start Monday and it only took maybe 4-6 months total, previous competitions have been longer.

It will only be a couple of weeks before you get your Psychometric test as for how long the process will be it is hard to tell , I am in the first round of recruitment and start Monday and it only took maybe 4-6 months total, previous competitions have been longer.

Thanks for the response ! Hate to keep questioning everyone. But how long did you wait between each stage ?

Is there anyway I can help push the process faster ?

It was usually a month maybe less between stages for me. Unfortunately there isn't a way to make the process any faster, there is multiple different places your application is processed with (Manpower office, Medical Corps , Garda Vetting Unit) , it all depends on how fast they process your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FluxCap22

Anyone do their medical 6th September waiting on results and a start date now? Did mine in the curragh and rumour is the earliest platoon could be Donegal as the curragh could take longer. Do you have to accept their first offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Budah

FluxCap22 wrote: »
    Anyone do their medical 6th September waiting on results and a start date now? Did mine in the curragh and rumour is the earliest platoon could be Donegal as the curragh could take longer. Do you have to accept their first offer?

What was involved in the medical? I have mine on the 25th. Worried about the urine test because of a past lifestyle

You dont have to accept it but it might be a while before another platoon comes up , if one comes up.

Budah wrote: »
    What was involved in the medical? I have mine on the 25th. Worried about the urine test because of a past lifestyle
    Medical is fairly in-depth. If it was a while ago , the urine test should be okay.

• Advertisement

-Questionnaire about any medical conditions
    -Blood/urine test(drug screening)(test for HIV, hepatitis a, b)
    -ECG(heart rate)
    -spirometry test(your breathing)
    -Eye/hearing test
    -Chat with the Doctor

You dont have to accept it but it might be a while before another platoon comes up , if one comes up.

Yea was thinking that , I’ll ask when they send out emails. Cheers

-Questionnaire about any medical conditions
    -Blood/urine test(drug screening)(test for HIV, hepatitis a, b)
    -ECG(heart rate)
    -spirometry test(your breathing)
    -Eye/hearing test
    -Chat with the Doctor

Thank you for the information. The specifically said that the blood/urine was for drug screening?

Thank you for the information. The specifically said that the blood/urine was for drug screening?

They should give you information in email or on the day of medical but yes they do

They should give you information in email or on the day of medical but yes they do

Best of luck with your medical results

Anyone know how long results for medical take to come back or when you should hear word?

Hey guys. I have a sleeve tattoo which ends half way down my forearm. Will that effect my application ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No. It'll be noted at your medical for identifying marks but unless it shows below the wrist you'll be fine.

No. It'll be noted at your medical for identifying marks but unless it shows below the wrist you'll be fine.

Have no problem with needing to do it, but for that medical do you need to get butt naked ? Dont want to show up on the day not knowing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Kerastes wrote: »
    Have no problem with needing to do it, but for that medical do you need to get butt naked ? Dont want to show up on the day not knowing

No you won't be naked.

Advertisement