Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jadekel88

anyone know where or when the next platoon is??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Popcorn2018

Hi anyone still waiting on an update from Garda vetting...applied in March have passed all tests and interview but have heard nothing for nearly 2 months now...anyone else in the same boat? Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Budah

Hi anyone still waiting on an update from Garda vetting...applied in March have passed all tests and interview but have heard nothing for nearly 2 months now...anyone else in the same boat? Is this normal?

Have you checked the status of your vetting by the tracking number supplied in the email?

Id give both manpower and the Garda vetting a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jp93

Anyone heard anything back after doing medical in cork on the 19th of September ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Armyman12

Jp93 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything back after doing medical in cork on the 19th of September ?

There's supposed to be a platoon in cork on the 30th starting. You should be contacted soon im in the same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Sfdog

Anyone else get cork on the 30th?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Armyman12

Sfdog wrote: »
    Anyone else get cork on the 30th?

Did you? Still waiting on an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FluxCap22

Anyone else still waiting on an offer for curragh/2nd brigade?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bud1999!

FluxCap22 wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting on an offer for curragh/2nd brigade?

Still waiting - did medical in September - no word at all. If you failed medical would they have let you know by now ?

Bud1999! wrote: »
    Still waiting - did medical in September - no word at all. If you failed medical would they have let you know by now ?

They would of let you know if you passed or failed by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Sfdog

Armyman12 wrote: »
    Did you? Still waiting on an offer

Yeah got it last week

They would of let you know if you passed or failed by now

Did u email or ring Manpower? I know my vetting has been completed as I got the email few wks ago.

Did u email or ring Manpower? I know my vetting has been completed as I got the email few wks ago.

No I just waited and heard back in 2 or 3 weeks after that I passed. They should let you know either way.

No I just waited and heard back in 2 or 3 weeks after that I passed. They should let you know either way.

I emailed them the other day and they said as soon as they know they will be in touch ASAP. Really hope I’m not left waiting too much longer. Did u get an email to say you’d passed ?

I emailed them the other day and they said as soon as they know they will be in touch ASAP. Really hope I’m not left waiting too much longer. Did u get an email to say you’d passed ?

Yea I did

Got an email saying Iv passed medical and continue to monitor my emails and at the end - this is not an offer of employment. So what does that mean exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 Kerastes

Got an email saying Iv passed medical and continue to monitor my emails and at the end - this is not an offer of employment. So what does that mean exactly?

Were there any medical forms you need to get filled out for the medical ?

In the process as well. Theyre probably just waiting for a date to put you into basic. Good luck man !

Kerastes wrote: »
    Were there any medical forms you need to get filled out for the medical ?

In the process as well. Theyre probably just waiting for a date to put you into basic. Good luck man !

Did you hear word that you passed your medical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BaBaYaGa

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Got an email saying I passed the medical and also received an email saying the Garda vetting was complete and a disclosure had been made.

But still no word!

BaBaYaGa wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Got an email saying I passed the medical and also received an email saying the Garda vetting was complete and a disclosure had been made.

But still no word!
    When did you do the medical? I did mine in September. And fitness in Cathal Brugha. The waiting is torture. Very hard to plan anything.

• Advertisement

When did you do the medical? I did mine in September. And fitness in Cathal Brugha. The waiting is torture. Very hard to plan anything.

Did my fitness test in Cathal Brugha as well. Both my fitness test and medical were in July but I had to get some certs for the doc. Ahh stop I know waiting is the worst because you don’t even have a timeline was just told the security forms we filled in can take up to 6 months 😫

Did my fitness test in Cathal Brugha as well. Both my fitness test and medical were in July but I had to get some certs for the doc. Ahh stop I know waiting is the worst because you don’t even have a timeline was just told the security forms we filled in can take up to 6 months 😫

Did u get email back to say you passed Garda vetting? I got one a month ago

Did u get email back to say you passed Garda vetting? I got one a month ago

It didn’t say I passed but it did say a disclosure had been made and passed on to the defence forces. So I guess the Garda vetting has been completed but it’s down to manpower now

It didn’t say I passed but it did say a disclosure had been made and passed on to the defence forces. So I guess the Garda vetting has been completed but it’s down to manpower now

Did u get the ‘ this is not an offer of employment ‘ at bottom
    Of medical email? Hopefully we get word soon man

Did u get the ‘ this is not an offer of employment ‘ at bottom
    Of medical email? Hopefully we get word soon man

Yeah it was stated at the bottom of the email, just want to know their decision because if I’m not accepted then atleast I can move onto something else.

Anyone still waiting.... :/

Anyone still waiting.... :/

Yep

Has anyone who has passed the medical heard anything back from manpower? last I heard they may be taking recruits end of February March.

Has anyone who has passed the medical heard anything back from manpower? last I heard they may be taking recruits end of February March.

No nothing at all - the waiting torture. Have u been in touch with them or heard anything?

• Advertisement

No nothing at all - the waiting torture. Have u been in touch with them or heard anything?

I contacted them a number of times via email and phone calls. I just get told they are waiting for clearances but I received and email from the Garda vetting and a disclosure was made, so they obviously mean the defence forces clearance. Last email I received was back in August, hopefully the wait will be over sooner than later just want to know their decision wether I will be accepted or not 😂

Advertisement