Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contractor for new Kitchen with HRI scheme

Options
  • 22-03-2018 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I have a need of getting a new kitchen for my small apartment. I would like to use good materials (plywood and painted doors) and I have a budget of 5k so I was hoping to avail of the HRI, but I'm having great difficulties of finding a contractor to fit the kitchen.

Does anyone know a good contractor company that operate in Dublin that could fit the kitchen, do the plumbing if needed, the electrical and the wall tiles? the company has to be registered for HRI.

I have found a kitchen provider (Fitzgerald kitchens) that is registered for HRI, but their contractor incredibly is not. I talked with different companies but all snort their noses or don't even reply when HRI is mentioned.

In alternative, do you know a kitchen company that would use plywood as materials and which is fully registered for HRI?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Tierneys who did ours were registered for HRI as were most of the places we spoke to tbh IIRC, we spoke to the Panelling Centre.

I'd have thought the only way you wouldn't qualify for HRI would be if you were doing a self-install or using a fitter who wasn't tax compliant (i.e. doing a nixer while claiming welfare).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 malavock82

Sleepy wrote: »
    Tierneys who did ours were registered for HRI as were most of the places we spoke to tbh IIRC, we spoke to the Panelling Centre.

Thanks for the suggestion. I called them but they don't do plywood unfortunately :( .
    Sleepy wrote: »
    I'd have thought the only way you wouldn't qualify for HRI would be if you were doing a self-install or using a fitter who wasn't tax compliant (i.e. doing a nixer while claiming welfare).

The problem is their fitter contractor doesn't want to do HRI, either because he won't bother to do it or because he is not compliant with taxes, I don't know.

In honesty the HRI process is a pain in the ars&, you have a 5k minimum spending and you have to trust the contractor to file the documents and investigate that he is in good terms with the tax department. It would make more sense if you could just get a receipt and claim it off your taxes. But this is for another post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pat 36059

malavock82 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion. I called them but they don't do plywood unfortunately :( .

The problem is their fitter contractor doesn't want to do HRI, either because he won't bother to do it or because he is not compliant with taxes, I don't know.

In honesty the HRI process is a pain in the ars&, you have a 5k minimum spending and you have to trust the contractor to file the documents and investigate that he is in good terms with the tax department. It would make more sense if you could just get a receipt and claim it off your taxes. But this is for another post ;)

Painted Kitchen , Plywood carcass don't go in the same sentence as 5k, unless you want to fit a matchbox .

Advertisement