Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many broken iPhones - Technical advice needed

Options
  • 22-03-2018 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I have three iPhones in various states of disrepair:-
    1. iPhone 6, touch screen not working and constantly searching (it's definitely not the screen as I've tried a new one and still not working)
    2. iPhone SE totally bricked, fell into the toilet (water only) not good since that
    3. iPhone 5s stuck on flashing apple logo on startup.

I still have boxes, earpods, cables, mains adaptors for all three btw.

So questions:-

1. What's the best/cheapest way to get 1 and 3 above back in action, can anyone recommend a repair shop for 1 and 3 above in the greater Gorey/Wexford area.

2. Is there anything salvageable in the SE or does it have any parts value ?

All input appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mlo wrote: »
    I have three iPhones in various states of disrepair:-
    1. iPhone 6, touch screen not working and constantly searching (it's definitely not the screen as I've tried a new one and still not working)
    2. iPhone SE totally bricked, fell into the toilet (water only) not good since that
    3. iPhone 5s stuck on flashing apple logo on startup.

I still have boxes, earpods, cables, mains adaptors for all three btw.

So questions:-

1. What's the best/cheapest way to get 1 and 3 above back in action, can anyone recommend a repair shop for 1 and 3 above in the greater Gorey/Wexford area.

2. Is there anything salvageable in the SE or does it have any parts value ?

All input appreciated

For no 3 have you tried holding down the power and home button together for 10 seconds and then take your finger off power but still hold home button?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

For no 3 have you tried holding down the power and home button together for 10 seconds and then take your finger off power but still hold home button?
    DFU mode? no I haven't been able to because it does need a new home button as the cable is broken (done by me on opening the phone overenthusiastically to try to fix the initial problem) I may order a new one off ebay as it's a cheap component (and yes I know touch ID won't work with a replacement)

Not working. I swapped out the broken home button from the SE to the 5S and when I try to restore the 5S I am getting error 4013, which I think is a hardware issue.

Tried putting a new screen into the 5S still the same error 4013 sigh.

AFAIK this means that the 5S and the 6 are both suffering from (hopefully) minor mainboard issues. Right so the question is can anyone recommend a repair shop that can fix the 5S and the 6 without taking liberties?

Advertisement