Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importation and Dept of Agriculture

Options
  • 22-03-2018 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I am exploring the possibility of importing livestock into Ireland from abroad.

I have experienced a lack of cooperation from the Dept of Agriculture on this matter which leads me to believe they have no defined policy or more likely legislation in place and are stalling either in the hope ill give up or that it will be covered in due course.

Its not a multi million euro opportunity before everyone asks me what Im looking to Import.

Has anyone had a similar experience? and short of employing a lawyer specializing in Import law at considerable expense, what other sources of Information are available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

you might have better luck getting an answer in the farming forum as few over there seem to be involved with livestock

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hi,

I am exploring the possibility of importing livestock into Ireland from abroad.

I have experienced a lack of cooperation from the Dept of Agriculture on this matter which leads me to believe they have no defined policy or more likely legislation in place and are stalling either in the hope ill give up or that it will be covered in due course.

Its not a multi million euro opportunity before everyone asks me what Im looking to Import.

Has anyone had a similar experience? and short of employing a lawyer specializing in Import law at considerable expense, what other sources of Information are available?

I would recommend to have a word with the Doyle Shipping Group. They are likely to be involved in the shipping of live stock. They would be able to give you some guidance on what the formalities are, what the documentary requirements are and how to deal with the Border Inspection / Customs / Department of Agriculture.

You may also check with Beagans Customs Clearance. They are a long established Customs Clearance Agent and may have experience in dealing with iport formalities of live stock.

If either of these companies are unable to assist, they may know people / companies who can.

Best of luck

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement