Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque clearance

Options
  • 22-03-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I LODGED A UK CHEQUE iin to my Bank of Ireland account ni on tTuesday how long will it take to clear 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Oonagh1 wrote: »
    I LODGED A UK CHEQUE iin to my Bank of Ireland account ni on tTuesday how long will it take to clear 
    Hi Oonagh,

Welcome to Boards, and thanks for your post.

UK cheques lodged to a NI/GB account, should clear in 4 business days.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oonagh1

Hi I LODGED it on Tuesday 20th March in my UK Bank of Ireland account and it's a UK cheque so will it clear tomorrow Friday 23rd March thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oonagh1

Hi Oonagh,

Thanks again, Jane
    Hi Jane I LODGED it on Tuesday 20th March will it clear by tomorrow Friday 23rd March 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

It will clear by Monday evening. It takes a full 4 day cycle. You count the number of nights from the time you lodged it as a cycle each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi Oonagh,

Thanks again, Jane
    Hi Jane I LODGED it on Tuesday 20th March will it clear by tomorrow Friday 23rd March 
    Hi Oonagh,

Thanks for coming back to us.

We'd advise that you allow 4 full business days for the cheque to clear. If you lodged it early on Tuesday it may clear by the close of business today. If not, it should clear on Monday for you.
    You can check if the funds have cleared by logging into 365 online through a browser or a PC and under your balance, you'll see an information symbol.
    Provided you don't have an overdraft this symbol will remain in place to give your available funds till the amount of the cheque has cleared. Once its cleared this symbol will disappear and your balance as it appears should be available to use in full.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.  

• Advertisement
Advertisement