Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Clinical Laboratory Science

Options
  • 22-03-2018 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have applied for the 2 year part-time MSc in Clinical Laboratory Science in DIT which starts in september and was just wondering if anyone can provide any information on this course.

Will doing this course make me eligible to work as a Medical Scientist and become a member of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine?

My undergraduate course was a BSc in Biology from Maynooth University, which is not one of the undergraduate courses recognises by ACSLM, but if I get into the masters will that be enough/equivalent to become a member?

What are my chances of getting into this masters programme? I'm assuming a lot of biomedical graduates will be applying, are my chances lessened because of my BSc?

Has anyone had any experience working as a medical laboratory scientist abroad with this MSc? I know a lot of other countries aren't as strict about courses etc as Ireland is, would doing this course allow me to work as a Medical Laboratory Scientist abroad, preferably New Zealand is anyone has any info on that?

Does anyone know of any alternative routes to becoming a medical scientist if I cannot get into this MSc?

Thanks

Advertisement