Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side Business with Full time employment (import from Non EU)

Options
  • 22-03-2018 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I am currently full time employed. I want to start a very small business of importing handmade items from Asian countries (like India, Vietnam, etc.) to earn some extra quids after office hours and over weekend.
    Currently, I am at initial stage of my planning and trying to identify items that I can sell here. I am thinking of B2B.
    Now, before start with anything, I want to see if the items that I am thinking of importing can earn me money here. I know the price and transportation cost. However, I don't know what other expenses should I consider to calculate final cost of the item.
    I read a few threads here and other places and found that I may need to play Custom Duty and VAT apart from transportation.
    I am not considering warehouse charges as the items is very small in size and I can keep it in my house or may be directly deliver to my customer.
    I read somewhere that I also need to register business as well to import goods.
    I have below questions,
    1. Any information about importing good for B2B and what cost should I add to my purchase price?
    2. Do I need to register a business or something? if yes, what will that cost me?
    3. Anything else that I am missing here?

I appreciate any input or direction for this.
    All comments and criticism are welcome.

- Cheers

Advertisement